2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd also be okay if this replaced the flags. This is a good logo that is underused.

7483_calgary_flames-alternate-2014.png

In my mind, this logo sends the same message as the flags. In fact, it might do it even better. What I thought it was and what it turned out to be when I looked it up (the rockies over the wheat field with the setting sun) was the same.

Also its cool.

It absolutely conveys that message better than the flags.

DavidKerr-CGY.png

Also, it's a little Arby's like, but I LOVE the cowboy hat logo this concept is stealing from someone. It'd be a great secondary logo. Does anybody remember who originally drew that?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really like that Flames concept, as well as the alternate logo. However, it needs to be simplified to one outline. Let yellow touch the white. It'll be fine. And I'd be fine with the Flames using a little black, but it should be much less than they've used in 20-something years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It absolutely conveys that message better than the flags.

Also, it's a little Arby's like, but I LOVE the cowboy hat logo this concept is stealing from someone. It'd be a great secondary logo. Does anybody remember who originally drew that?

It was one of the rejected concepts from the design of their alternate jersey:

1112-cgy3rd-concepts.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I like it. The brighter yellow really brings out their identity.

pit%2Bin%2Bbright%2Byellow.png

This is perfect! People seem to love the back to back Cup uniforms, but I think it's much too close to the Bruins. 466218592-brad-marchand-of-the-boston-br

Boston is a black, gold, and white team, so Pittsburgh should be a black, white, and gold team. This look ties the Penguins to the rest of the city's teams, while still being distinct. It's like how the Islanders using white numbers on a royal blue jersey instead of orange differentiates them from the Oilers.

I might be in a shrinkaged minority. But I prefer the vegas gold over the classic yellow for that very reason.

The classic Penguins template helps distinguish them from the Bruins to a certain extent. But having a unique color does so even more. And I just like the vegas gold for some reason too.

1112-cgy3rd-concepts.png

Those Flaming C's at the top right look really great!

It's true it does look like it got chopped in half. But if they could fix that bit and make it look whole, it would be the perfect update of the classic Flaming C.

You don't think so? The shade of gold has been on the uniforms since 2001. Ownership is a fan of the color (e.g. Mario Lemiuex) so until decided otherwise I do not believe "vegas" gold will leave.

Just to clarify: the Pens have used what they've called "Vegas Gold" since the 2000-2001 season - starting with the alts, and then with the regular home and road uniforms beginning in 2002-2003 - but it changed shades between the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons:

2000-2001 through 2005-2006:

PMS_4515_C_SRGB.png

2006-2007 through present:

PMS_4535_C_SRGB.png

Seems like a pretty pointless change considering the first swatch looks better. I knew there was a subtle change somewhere in their history... If you look back to older photos, the shade is noticeably more gold.

This is perfect! People seem to love the back to back Cup uniforms, but I think it's much too close to the Bruins. 466218592-brad-marchand-of-the-boston-br

Boston is a black, gold, and white team, so Pittsburgh should be a black, white, and gold team. This look ties the Penguins to the rest of the city's teams, while still being distinct. It's like how the Islanders using white numbers on a royal blue jersey instead of orange differentiates them from the Oilers.

Wait, is that Crosby image shopped? Because although I prefer the Vegas gold, in THAT circumstance the yellow (gold whatever) I think looks fine. Its the other photo here that I think is a bad look. When the whole sleeve is that color and it looks cheesy and bulky, for lack of better words.

My wishlist.

Arizona Coyotes

I like the brick red, but the jerseys are plain. Fuse the old with the new, and bring the southwestern style piping back. And sure, make the throwbacks the 3rds. I won't mind.

Boston Bruins

Don't care much for the third. Plus I honestly would prefer a dark brown over the black for a primary colour. And bring back the gold Winter Classic jersey as a third!

Buffalo Sabres

Ditch the grey piping and front numbers.

Calgary Flames
Either clean up the current set and replace the flag shoulder patches with the third jersey shoulder patch, or bring back the throwback all-reds permanently. I always liked Calgary in red and gold.

Carolina Hurricanes
Put hurricane flags on the jersey again or something. Such a bland identity on the ice.

Colorado Avalanche
Drop the black! It's awful! And make something like Justin Cox did (one of my all-time favourite concepts - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LIZkPzmQAn0/UUEQwF3wrtI/AAAAAAAABfs/8pdHonfZKYU/s1600/JustinCox-COL.png)

Columbus Blue Jackets
I don't mind their current set-up, but there is room for improvement.

Los Angeles Kings

The purple and gold throwbacks as thirds, please!

Minnesota Wild
Back to an all-green home uniform with the primary logo. Striping can be wheat with some red on it.

Ottawa Senators
Make a new home and away uniform based off of the design they had in the 90's up to 2007 on their Cup run.

Pittsburgh Penguins
Bring back athletic gold. Make the currents 3rds the new home uniform and make a white away version of the same one.

San Jose Sharks
Ditch the front numbers.

Tampa Bay Lightning

More black for their blue home uniform would be nice, at least black helmets and pants, so they can break away from looking like the Leafs.

Washington Capitals
Why hasn't the Weagle been getting more attention?

Winnipeg Jets

I'm so curious as to what they'll do with a possible third jersey.

VHj90kn.png

My word, that is a thing of beauty. I know some might not like the amount of white on that set, but it just makes the gold pop even more.

I prefer the Cup winning look, but I could live with this. I could live with anything that doesn't have the Vegas "gold". It looks so washed out.

Uhhh...the "Cup winning look"? Which era are we talking about here?

Archived