College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

The stripes on the chest and pants each feature 11 slashes to represent the 11 championships. One of the pant legs (can't remember now) actually has FIGHTING IRISH written down the side, behind the stripe. It's smaller, almost so small that it shouldn't even be included.

Did they say what the reason was for the two slashes on the jersey numbers?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stripes on the chest and pants each feature 11 slashes to represent the 11 championships. One of the pant legs (can't remember now) actually has FIGHTING IRISH written down the side, behind the stripe. It's smaller, almost so small that it shouldn't even be included.

National championships claimed. 11 slashes.

Thanks. I completely missed the part where he said chest. I thought he was only talking about the pants.

I appreciate the clarification!

He's referring to the slashes that start at the shoulders and come across the chest. You were asking about the diagonal slashes at the lower-right part of the numbers, right?

Here are a couple more shots of the uniforms.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%2010.02.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-14%20at%2010.02.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I'm sorry... but why does UnderArmor get a free pass for some of these uniforms? It seems like the general feeling is "Well its not as bad as Adidas' 1-offs." But I'm looking at this Notre Dame uniform... and its just as bad as anything Adidas has come up with.

I'm sorry... but why does UnderArmor get a free pass for some of these uniforms? It seems like the general feeling is "Well its not as bad as Adidas' 1-offs." But I'm looking at this Notre Dame uniform... and its just as bad as anything Adidas has come up with.

I love the idea of a green alternate for ND. They need to have one. I'm even open to the idea of them having a more modern alternate uniform. But yeah, this is not a good look.

What is with the asymmetry? We saw some of this with their alternates from adidas and are seeing it again with UA.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I really like this UA set for ND. For a one-off, it's a nice design (aside from the two-tone facemask). They are extremely conservative on the regular ND unis, so I don't see a problem with them going outside the box with a one-off set.

gYH2mW9.png

CMYIE_cUsAAs7X6.jpg

Pitt is getting new digs next year but here are their options this year (nothing really new but they've never worn this gold jersey in a game--only spring ball). They have worn gold previously (when Revis was there) and they looked terrible. Just FYI.

That QB is really playing through some pain. His knee has no ligaments...

I really hope they don't change too much though. I love their set right now, especially with the cursive back on the helmet.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

The media's predilection for undeservedly ranking them #2 in preseason polls?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

CMYIE_cUsAAs7X6.jpg

Pitt is getting new digs next year but here are their options this year (nothing really new but they've never worn this gold jersey in a game--only spring ball). They have worn gold previously (when Revis was there) and they looked terrible. Just FYI.

Good stuff, but Pitt has worn a gold jersey in a game before. Several years ago at home, for ESPN, the Panthers went all gold against the Louisville Cardinals.

CMYIE_cUsAAs7X6.jpg

Good stuff, but Pitt has worn a gold jersey in a game before. Several years ago at home, for ESPN, the Panthers went all gold against the Louisville Cardinals.

And they looked horrible...

CMYIE_cUsAAs7X6.jpg

This is a problem across all suppliers and across all sports...

Khaki For Khaki's Sake

This trend of turning old gold into a flat, drab piece of Haggar slacks has got to stop. Say all you want about Notre Dame's primary uniform pants not matching the helmet, but it at least has a little personality and history as opposed to these nasty Pitt pants. Pitt would look amazing with the old mustard color paired with navy blue.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Archived