College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do look pretty good there. I've never been much of a fan of their away looks -- especially comparing it to their perfect home uniforms. They've tried a lot of different things over the years. Maybe this is them figuring out something that actually works.

I still don't know how I feel about the white pants though.

CMfl2hPUEAEbDj7.jpg

I'd be fine with this as a one-off. A "Jim Harbaugh Day" where we wear the uniform of his childhood. But to promote a look we only wore from 1974-1976 (throw in 1973 and 2011 if you're counting white-on-white in general, albeit different designs) to our full-time road uniform purely because of our first year head coach's nostalgia? Nah thanks. I can only hope we switch back to maize pants with Jordan Brand in 2016.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

They do look pretty good there. I've never been much of a fan of their away looks -- especially comparing it to their perfect home uniforms. They've tried a lot of different things over the years. Maybe this is them figuring out something that actually works.

I still don't know how I feel about the white pants though.

CMfl2hPUEAEbDj7.jpg

I'd be fine with this as a one-off. A "Jim Harbaugh Day" where we wear the uniform of his childhood. But to promote a look we only wore from 1974-1976 (throw in 1973 and 2011 if you're counting white-on-white in general, albeit different designs) to our full-time road uniform purely because of our first year head coach's nostalgia? Nah thanks. I can only hope we switch back to maize pants with Jordan Brand in 2016.

Yeah I was thinking this would just be an alternate but I haven't really heard anything suggesting otherwise. It's a good look but it doesn't scream Michigan without the maize pants.

Jordan really is in a good place with this deal. They are inheriting the best home uniform in college football -- it's so iconic that they can't make any changes to it if they wanted to. They need to turn the focus on this away set. If they can find a way to nail the road uniform, they could really be making a tremendous first impression to other schools and potential clients.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Even as an Ohio State fan, I must admit those new Michigan road uniforms are gorgeous. Probably my favorite college football uni change this off-season and surprisingly the manufacture of the uniforms is Adidas, of all people. I can't wait to see Michigan roll up to Columbus in a couple years in those. Actually I hope Michigan will have switch to Nike by then.

NEWSGG copy.png

I'm sorry... but why does UnderArmor get a free pass for some of these uniforms? It seems like the general feeling is "Well its not as bad as Adidas' 1-offs." But I'm looking at this Notre Dame uniform... and its just as bad as anything Adidas has come up with.

I wholeheartedly disagree. I really like this UA set for ND. For a one-off, it's a nice design (aside from the two-tone facemask). They are extremely conservative on the regular ND unis, so I don't see a problem with them going outside the box with a one-off set.

That's all fine and well... Primaries are conservative so the alternate is liberal. But that doesn't excuse the lousy look. The green pants isn't ND. But the gold helmet, the terrible head logo, the slashes, it just doesn't look good... At least not for ND. There is an art form to doing alternates. Just because you want to go outside the box doesn't mean is has to look bad. You can still stay true to a schools legendary look without butchering it all to hell.

I really like the guns on the side, but I think they're gonna look a lot worse on Revo Speed helmets that don't have as much flat space on the shell.

Also, I don't know if it's been talked about yet, but apparently that black Ohio State jersey is the real deal

Worked for UConn, but the center stripe logo looks illegible from afar and forced from close for these guys. The rest of the helmet is cool though. They should add NWOSU or whatever abbreviation they use to the crossed guns and that'd be a solid permanent helmet logo.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Kind of looks like a Texas Tech concept with the red and black, guns up, and sleek cowboy-hat wearing mascot.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived