College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Ohio State with a black helmet

CMveloFVAAEAP9x.jpg

coach seems to confirm so on Twitter

https://twitter.com/CoachZachSmith

*EDIT nvm , coach seems to backtrack but interesting they have a black matte shell

It's only a matter of time until tOSU does something stupid. Most of their Pro Combat and alternate uniforms have been different, but not TOO crazy. They are due for something terrible, especially after winning the CFP.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black Ohio State helmet is so poorly put together. The helmet stripe and leaf decals are two different styles and thickness (is that normal, or just an oversight here?) and the B1G bumper decal couldn't have been put on any worse. It certainly feels like a poor fan made design more than anything.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

If Ohio St was going to wear a black helmet you'd think they would modify the helmet stripe by switching the black stripes to silver. It would be pointless to use black stripes since they blend in with the helmet and would be invisible.

CMveloFVAAEAP9x.jpg

*EDIT nvm , coach seems to backtrack but interesting they have a black matte shell

It's only a matter of time until tOSU does something stupid. Most of their Pro Combat and alternate uniforms have been different, but not TOO crazy. They are due for something terrible, especially after winning the CFP.

What is the logo under the left buckeye sticker?

If Ohio St was going to wear a black helmet you'd think they would modify the helmet stripe by switching the black stripes to silver. It would be pointless to use black stripes since they blend in with the helmet and would be invisible.

they wouldn't change the stripe color, but "official" guidelines call for a thin gray/silver stripe next to the black to separate it from the background. that's how it's done on apparel anyway.

example:

8f0a7fd0ecfd7332050cc0d52a1190cd.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

CMveloFVAAEAP9x.jpg

What is the logo under the left buckeye sticker?

The coach who had it and posted it on his account said it stands for "Zone 6" or something like that. It's on the twitter account posted above

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Zone 6 is what the WR unit calls themselves. A couple players had a few Zone 6 stickers alongside Buckeye award stickers in the title game.

The leaves on that black helmet are the cheap 'paper' type that the public can buy. The real leaves are heavier decals similar to the center stripe, and their size is about that of the zone 6 sticker.

More Hawaii's pictures:

11921710_10102240717496382_4657751507637

11924234_10102240717456462_5352418945060

"whatever Nike can do, we can do too!". remember TCU earlier this year? this feels like a move to keep up with the Joneses

But this doesn't look as gaudy and bad as TCU's full patterned uniforms do.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

More Hawaii's pictures:

11921710_10102240717496382_4657751507637

11924234_10102240717456462_5352418945060

"whatever Nike can do, we can do too!". remember TCU earlier this year? this feels like a move to keep up with the Joneses

But this doesn't look as gaudy and bad as TCU's full patterned uniforms do.

right, but i think the point is to show the world they have the capability to do full piece sublimation too.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So out of curiosity I decided to do a rough mock-up of what the black nike "shir-seys" would look like for Alabama. I still find it extremely hard to believe that the teams will actually roll out these jerseys but I thought it would be fun just to see what it might look like on the field.

Jake%20Coker_zpsjyjz6hl6.png

Not really a fan of it, I wouldn't hate the idea of a black jersey maybe for one game for Alabama but I don't think I'd want it to look like that^ especially not the crimson numbers, if they were gonna do it I'd want them to just keep it simple and make it look like their QB jerseys, if they had to throw in a touch of crimson maybe give the players crimson undershirts or add some type of piping. Overall though, I'd probably rather just see Alabama stick to the Crimson jerseys even for some type of alternate.

If this ever became reality I would quit watching football

Archived