College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah had a new helmet on display at practice today.

CMzsMjcUkAAUV2o.jpg

Regular helmets for comparison sake

hard to be sure from the photo but im going to say that's a metallic/candy paint with a satin finish; a Hydroskin technique. they've painted the facemask the same as the shell which you don't see too often with the special paint techniques. add to it a possible metallic red logo and they have a helmet that is fairly unique when you add up all the details. i'd prefer a black mask, but overall it's a cool helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

You're already a Hawkeyes fan

Jk

Lol nah good burn, it's been a rough few years for sure

But you can't touch our unis :)

I will begrudgingly admit the Hawkeyes have a fantastic look. And the ANF tie-in is pretty damn awesome. Hawkeyes have been supporting a cause before it was the cool thing to do.

[/ close NiceThingsAboutIowaThey'reStillIowa ]

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

hmm...what's so special about a steelers knockoff?

Um they look amazing? Besides there are quite of few differences between our hawks and Pittsburgh. It's not like a secret we based our look off of them in the 80's. Say whatever you want, Iowa's a top 15 program since the adoption & definitely remains top 10 for looks & no one here cares about looking like the steelers. Round here ppl like the steelers because they look like the hawks, sorry

& sorry to everyone else for being so off topic, uhh that Utah lid looks incredible my neighbor (alum) is stoked?

hmm...what's so special about a steelers knockoff?

Wow, I never thought I'd see a #hottake on Iowa here, what a site to be on.

The Utah helmet looks real good. I love that finish every instance it's been used.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Utah needs to add a white facemask to that thing.

Alternatively, they could just remove the decals and send them to Norman, OK. That satin would look killer with the Sooners plain white OU logo.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Huh. I feel just the opposite. Certainly looks better than Arizona's fwiw.

Oh God you aren't kidding. Arizona's red lids make my skin crawl...

They just look cheap since it's a basic paint job that doesn't look all that special when compared to how other red helmets/facemasks are being done now. For brighter colors, I think a satin finish is the way to go since the high gloss ones have a certain bowling ball quality to them.

Utah needs to add a white facemask to that thing.

Alternatively, they could just remove the decals and send them to Norman, OK. That satin would look killer with the Sooners plain white OU logo.

I think USC could look pretty good in something like those also.

I have yet to come across a satin helmet finish that doesn't look absolutely fantastic, no matter what the color is. So far, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, but we have seen at the very least maroon (A&M), purple (Vikings), apple green (Oregon), green (Mich St), orange & navy (Syracuse), red (Utah). Not sure about black. Are there any other colors I did not mention?

Archived