Ask A Moderator

Are all likes anonymous now?  I kinda...kinda like that.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

4 minutes ago, CC97 said:

I just killed off the chat room, it wasn't being used all that much and was causing all sorts of errors... my inbox was getting tired of it:  

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 16.26.07 .png

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, CC97 said:

It re-tallied post counts as part of the upgrade, so any posts/threads that were since deleted for whatever reason would have been knocked out of your tally. 

I feel a great disturbance in the Force...as if thousands of posts cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. 

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force...as if thousands of posts cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. 

FYP (sorry, that attacked my Star Wars OCD mercilessly)

In theory, the chat room was a good idea.  The major flaw in it imo was that there was no way for the mods to oversee/edit things like they can here on the forums.  Which means that we would've had to put our trust in the internet. <shudder>

Also, I would've kinda missed basically live-posting playoff games and the like with fellow boards members.  There was a novelty about it.

spacer.png

21 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

FYP (sorry, that attacked my Star Wars OCD mercilessly)

In theory, the chat room was a good idea.  The major flaw in it imo was that there was no way for the mods to oversee/edit things like they can here on the forums.  Which means that we would've had to put our trust in the internet. <shudder>

Also, I would've kinda missed basically live-posting playoff games and the like with fellow boards members.  There was a novelty about it.

It wasn't meant to be past tense so there was nothing to "fix." It was a "real time" reaction. Also, I was paraphrasing. Now mind your own business while I teach CS85 how to post a picture and use a light saber. Rookies. B) 

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

Interesting glitch.

On my iPhone using safari. I was reading a thread and it looked normal in the new board layout: image.thumb.png.4aec14dfa251831cc67f42ed

Then I clicked the back arrow on the browser (on the bottom left), and I got thrown back in time to the old layout:

image.thumb.png.acc4270eeb2a9d682b19ee76

Just an odd glitch. It's fine if I hit the forum button to go back rather than the browser's back arrow.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

5 hours ago, CC97 said:

Nope, commence the onslaught

Having us hold on the onslaught until the 0 to 100% was done working itself out was brilliant...it gave us time to get used to.  Like all major changes, I found it visually jarring at first, but warmed up to it quickly.  Visually, it's an upgrade.  

Things I love:

• quote boxes that state who is being quoted.
  • 25 posts per page.
  • The stats at the front page.
  • The ability to check out notifications without going to a new page (e.g., quoted posts and likes)

Things I don't love (but are very minor):

• Does not say who liked my post, just that it was liked.
  • Loss of post number (which came in handy probably once or twice during my previous 10 years)

Suggestion:

• I see we can minimize the quotes (i.e., make the text below the time/member disappear).  I'd default to that if possible.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

11 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Having us hold on the onslaught until the 0 to 100% was done working itself out was brilliant...it gave us time to get used to.  Like all major changes, I found it visually jarring at first, but warmed up to it quickly.  Visually, it's an upgrade.  

Things I love:

• quote boxes that state who is being quoted.
  • 25 posts per page.
  • The stats at the front page.
  • The ability to check out notifications without going to a new page (e.g., quoted posts and likes)

Things I don't love (but are very minor):

• Does not say who liked my post, just that it was liked.
  • Loss of post number (which came in handy probably once or twice during my previous 10 years)

Suggestion:

• I see we can minimize the quotes (i.e., make the text below the time/member disappear).  I'd default to that if possible.

Just curious what you like about seeing that big statistics panel.  Maybe there's a benefit that I'm just not taking advantage of.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

55 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Now mind your own business while I teach CS85 how to post a picture and use a light saber. Rookies. B) 

vgg0lT9.gif

twitter

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just curious what you like about seeing that big statistics panel.  Maybe there's a benefit that I'm just not taking advantage of.

First off, I do 80% of my browsing this forum "on the big screen."  So it's not in the way.  Also, I am on the front page so little, I find it not to be disturbing.  

I guess most of the info is fun to see once in a while; I don't need to see the running count of topics, posts, and members.  So I guess my stating that I liked it was a gut reaction to the first time I saw it..."oh that's cool".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I said it in the chat, but I'll repeat it here for the official record: 

Thank you for this site, Chris. It's a great resource and a great community to be a part of.

And after FanHome and other stops and starts and moves and migrations many years ago, thanks for keeping this version of the message board running smoothly since 2002. (!)

9 minutes ago, CubsFanBudMan said:

I said it in the chat, but I'll repeat it here for the official record: 

Thank you for this site, Chris. It's a great resource and a great community to be a part of.

And after FanHome and other stops and starts and moves and migrations many years ago, thanks for keeping this version of the message board running smoothly since 2002. (!)

Thanks! But most, if not all, the credit for keeping this place running so smoothly goes to the mods and other admins, especially over the past 2-3 years. 

And of course the great forum members too.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Member title bar was set lower

I don't have to convert image forms to post them

Is that a cover picture I spy with my liI' eye?

Sigs are re-backish?

Dislikes:

BEEP BEEP BEEP

I just wanted to tell you that someone quoted the 'content' you made

I was signed up for the email list on following with V3 and was fine with it, but this is plain annoying and scares the crap out of me every time it goes off. But that's why I turned the volume down.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.