Ask A Moderator

Avatars were all screwy from the previous update.  A few people posted a photo of themselves as their profile picture which got converted to an avatar.  Not sure how related this is to that.

VmWIn6B.png

Two questions:

1. Any chance we can choose to kill the Forum/Member Stats box on the main forum, like we could previously? It takes up a lot of room. 

2. Similarly, can you widen the default window? Content feels unnecessarily constrained and there are wide open spaces on either side of the forum.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Two questions:

1. Any chance we can choose to kill the Forum/Member Stats box on the main forum, like we could previously? It takes up a lot of room. 

2. Similarly, can you widen the default window? Content feels unnecessarily constrained and there are wide open spaces on either side of the forum.

I'll second this.  The stats on the sides, while nice, are cluttering up an already relatively busy page.  Aim for elegance, not overload.

On the whole, I'm very pleased with most of the features.  I hate feeling like I'm busting chops.  Mods/Chris/admins are doing a fine job w/ the upgrade.  

edit:  OK, I'm gonna complain a bit here.  Quoting is limited to what, 1 layer of quote?  Not good.  Also I can't delete quote boxes, remove formatting (that I can find anyway, I hope I'm simply missing all of these features), and adding images from an external URL to an edited post doesn't work.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1.  Is there any way to get rid of the box on the right of the main page that shows board stats, forum stats, and posters who are spamming?  I have no need for any of this and could use that space to expand the center section (kind of like before.)

2.  Any chance of eliminating the forum descriptions from mobile?  It's better now that the upgrade has made more progress, but there's still an annoyingly small amount of content visible on the screen in the mobile view (especially compared to before, which was pretty mobile friendly.)  I definitely like some of the new mobile features (uploading photos is amazing, and some posting options are much easier) but the amount of content that's displayed is frustrating.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Posting on my part is a real ***** on my end. I'm currently on my Nook trying to post.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Really missing the "sportslogos.net" link at the top! The nice bit from the last set up was being able to toggle between mothership and the boards.

Other than that, great upgrade, the chat feature is kinda random and has me in a room with a bunch of random users.

Would love to see this top leader and UI style applied to the mothership as well.

46 minutes ago, CC97 said:

Nope, commence the onslaught

Not that I care, but just in case it's an issue with the update, I figured I'd point out that my post count has dropped by about 2000 taking me out of the exclusive 20,000 post club. I'm not sure, but I think that might be a good thing. B)

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Not that I care, but just in case it's an issue with the update, I figured I'd point out that my post count has dropped by about 2000 taking me out of the exclusive 20,000 post club. I'm not sure, but I think that might be a good thing. B)

It re-tallied post counts as part of the upgrade, so any posts/threads that were since deleted for whatever reason would have been knocked out of your tally. 

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

So you're saying we ended up in the graveyard a lot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 minutes ago, See Red said:

Everything looks great.  I could live without the board statistics though I don't really mind it.  Not a fan of likes being anonymous, but that's a pretty minor detail.

Anonymous likes is not intentional, the setting I have chosen is supposed to show who liked your post

• Like 1

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

6 minutes ago, See Red said:

Everything looks great.  I could live without the board statistics though I don't really mind it.  Not a fan of likes being anonymous, but that's a pretty minor detail.

You can see who liked your post in your profile page. Scroll down to your last liked comment and it should say who liked it under your post

I can see who likes my posts on the actual posts . . . in the same location as before.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.