North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

I hope the Guzan era is done.

I’d love to hear your explanation for why Mexico’s first two goals are on Guzan, and not miserable defending.

He could have looked better on the first one. And it sounds like you're granting the third is on Guzan.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is the summer of 2015 has been a disaster for USMNT and they've played with one goalkeeper during that time. Guzan might be adequate, but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me believe he can win you a game. Keep you in one, maybe. But make crazy, Howard-esque saves? Nope. He doesn't have it in him.

To me, this is Brad Guzan:

mmgm0kgsugtsctlmycvs.gif

EDIT: I tell you though, the team looked completely different once Yedlin and then Wood came in. Altidore and Dempsey had their moments last year, but this year it hasn't really worked. I get why Jurgen started and stuck with experience for as long as he did. But his forwards didn't have it. And outside of the service to Cameron, Bradley's offensive service wasn't that awesome either.

I'm not really even that mad. I like Klinsmann, and I think the USMNT is headed in the right direction. 2014 was an incredible year, and Jurgen deserves a lot of credit for it. But the Gold Cup and tonight were huge opportunities the US whiffed on. It's a shame.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could have looked better on the first one. And it sounds like you're granting the third is on Guzan.

Anyway, the fact of the matter is the summer of 2015 has been a disaster for USMNT and they've played with one goalkeeper during that time. Guzan might be adequate, but I haven't seen anything from him that makes me believe he can win you a game. Keep you in one, maybe. But make crazy, Howard-esque saves? Nope. He doesn't have it in him.

mmgm0kgsugtsctlmycvs.gif

EDIT: I tell you though, the team looked completely different once Yedlin and then Wood came in. Altidore and Dempsey had their moments last year, but this year it hasn't really worked. I get why Jurgen started and stuck with experience for as long as he did. But his forwards didn't have it. And outside of the service to Cameron, Bradley's offensive service wasn't that awesome either.

I'm not really even that mad. I like Klinsmann, and I think the USMNT is headed in the right direction. 2014 was an incredible year, and Jurgen deserves a lot of credit for it. But the Gold Cup and tonight were huge opportunities the US whiffed on. It's a shame.

That’s your prerogative to judge a player’s entire worth on one play where he was unnecessarily put into a :censored:ty position by a defender with little clue what to do — yeah, Guzan screwed up there, and has had his fair share of gaffes elsewhere, but let’s not act as if he’s the biggest issue with this side right now.

(Oh, and I wasn’t granting the third was on him… at all. Figured we’d agree no goalie’s stopping that. Okay.)

Guzan probably isn’t the best American keeper right now — he was a couple years ago, mind you — but that doesn’t mean he’s as bad as you can make it out to be. He still controls the box extremely well on crosses, and has certainly made crazy saves to keep Villa in games over the last few years; I’d contest you’re wrong on that point.

Also: I hate the idea of Tim Howard being some superhero, because while he’s certainly had those displays, he’s also had ones of, well, not that. Both keepers are generally solid, but both have their flaws — Howard probably has fewer right now, but I’m still not sure Nick Rimando shouldn’t have been given a chance over the summer.

Anyway, sure 2014 was fun, but the US kind of derped their way to the knockout stage — four points really shouldn’t be enough to get you through, but thanks Portugal!

6fQjS3M.png

David Beckham recently threw in Miami Reds and Miami United as two of the possible names for the team.

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2659356/david-beckham-my-new-mls-club-to-be-styled-on-man-united

I know its way early to think on what the name for the team could be but I'm sure the folks that like doing concepts might appreciate it.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

mmgm0kgsugtsctlmycvs.gif

Thats your prerogative to judge a players entire worth on one play where he was unnecessarily put into a :censored:ty position by a defender with little clue what to do yeah, Guzan screwed up there, and has had his fair share of gaffes elsewhere, but lets not act as if hes the biggest issue with this side right now.

(Oh, and I wasnt granting the third was on him at all. Figured wed agree no goalies stopping that. Okay.)

Guzan probably isnt the best American keeper right now he was a couple years ago, mind you but that doesnt mean hes as bad as you can make it out to be. He still controls the box extremely well on crosses, and has certainly made crazy saves to keep Villa in games over the last few years; Id contest youre wrong on that point.

Also: I hate the idea of Tim Howard being some superhero, because while hes certainly had those displays, hes also had ones of, well, not that. Both keepers are generally solid, but both have their flaws Howard probably has fewer right now, but Im still not sure Nick Rimando shouldnt have been given a chance over the summer.

Anyway, sure 2014 was fun, but the US kind of derped their way to the knockout stage four points really shouldnt be enough to get you through, but thanks Portugal!

Brad Guzan in terrible losses = benefit of the doubt.

USMNT surviving the group of death (and barely missing a win against Portugal) = derp.

[insert Jennifer Lawrence ok.gif]

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

David Beckham recently threw in Miami Reds and Miami United as two of the possible names for the team.

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2659356/david-beckham-my-new-mls-club-to-be-styled-on-man-united

I know its way early to think on what the name for the team could be but I'm sure the folks that like doing concepts might appreciate it.

"The Miami sports fans are very passionate, especially when they've got a successful team, so I think we'll involve them in some way." Gotta love it.

There's got to be a limit on how many teams can be called United. And "Reds?" What? That would be a reference to their jersey color and nothing else.

PJU85JF.png

"The Miami sports fans are very passionate, especially when they've got a successful team, so I think we'll involve them in some way." Gotta love it.

There's got to be a limit on how many teams can be called United. And "Reds?" What? That would be a reference to their jersey color and nothing else.

Call it Miami Red Devils. It's not a City or United so it stands out from the rest of the league from the start.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Either name would suck. There are already way too many Uniteds and Toronto FC is already nicknamed The Reds.

Call it Miami Red Devils. It's not a City or United so it stands out from the rest of the league from the start.

Red Bulls vs. Red Devils games will sure be a hoot to watch.

BTW, DG_Now, Tim Howard is playing against Costa Rica tonight.

Good for Howard. I hope Klinsmann plays the kids tonight, or at least Yedlin.

I'm not really all that upset about the Mexico loss. They were clearly the better team and the US did a great job of responding until the inevitable happened. And Jurgen played the vets when perhaps the kids were a little crisper. Who knows. (I'm a huge DaMarcus Beasley fan and he was pretty terrible at the end so that stinks.)

On the Miami topic, the Reds is a dumb name. The Pinks would be better, but that isn't going to happen. I think securing a stadium site would be a better use of Beckham's time anyway.

I'm not really all that upset about the Mexico loss. They were clearly the better team and the US did a great job of responding until the inevitable happened. And Jurgen played the vets when perhaps the kids were a little crisper. Who knows. (I'm a huge DaMarcus Beasley fan and he was pretty terrible at the end so that stinks.)

On the Miami topic, the Reds is a dumb name. The Pinks would be better, but that isn't going to happen. I think securing a stadium site would be a better use of Beckham's time anyway.

I believe that's all but done which is why him moving forward with a name makes sense. I wonder if MLS will try to paint NYCFC as a rivalry match or focus on Orlando City, which to me makes more sense. The NYCFC would be completely manufactured but so was the Trillium Cup when Toronto FC entered the league.

As far as the Pinks, if there is no pink in the kit the nickname makes no sense. I'm a little surprised he'd go with red, black and white rather than a Real Madrid style identity which allows for more flamboyant away kits but I'm glad to see him run with the Reds identity if that's what they finally decided on.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Woah. I'm way out of the loop with the Miami MLS franchise. I had no idea they've identified a stadium site and am disappointed they've settled on red, black and white. That's Miami, LAFC and Atlanta all looking very similar to one another, in addition to a similar scheme in DC. I know they can balance the colors differently, but a Miami franchise is crying out for coral or pastels. You'd think Beckham would be into it too as a big fashion guy.

I believe that's all but done which is why him moving forward with a name makes sense. I wonder if MLS will try to paint NYCFC as a rivalry match or focus on Orlando City, which to me makes more sense. The NYCFC would be completely manufactured but so was the Trillium Cup when Toronto FC entered the league.

As far as the Pinks, if there is no pink in the kit the nickname makes no sense. I'm a little surprised he'd go with red, black and white rather than a Real Madrid style identity which allows for more flamboyant away kits but I'm glad to see him run with the Reds identity if that's what they finally decided on.

I don't think Miami has officially settled for anything yet in terms of team name or colors.

David Beckham was just throwing possibilities out there.

Hmm. Perhaps DeAndre Yedlin might not be suited for a full 90. Looking more than a little ragged out there.

Brad Evans, however, has been great. The rest of the team is flat, but Evans is playing to win. I like him.

Can he buy the Red Bulls instead?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Reportedly, Tim Leiweke has joined David Beckham's MLS investment group in Miami.

Leiweke - former CEO and president of Anschutz Entertainment Group and currently serving in the same capacity at Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment until his successor is found - has apparently been meeting with Miami-Dade County officials for several weeks. It is thought that Leiweke's involvement in negotiations on behalf of Miami Beckham United is one of the reasons that the group has recently made progress on the soccer-specific stadium front.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mls/article40502391.html

Archived