North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of the Timbers this picture from the SKC game is probably one of the most Portland things ever.

fJynnay.jpg

Close, but it looks like it's missing flannel.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Speaking of the Timbers this picture from the SKC game is probably one of the most Portland things ever.

fJynnay.jpg

Close, but it looks like it's missing flannel.

I think the guy in the green jacket is wearing flannel underneath (it might just be a scarf though).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

If Portland defeats Seattle for the Western title, Timber Joey should be a model on The Price is Right.

Timber Joey should be a model anywhere and everywhere... well, maybe just for me.

(...inappropes.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Drogba really wanted to win that leg.

https://streamable.com/8eq2

Awesome. Droga has been so much fun this season.

Went to the Sounders game last night. Ivanschitz has been an incredible pickup for Seattle this season; so too has Friberg. Friberg scored the winner against LA last week and was all over the field last night. Ivanschitz scored the equalizer last night, and was a key decoy on Clint Dempsey's (amazing) winner.

MLS reffing continues to be less than stellar; Dallas got away with a tackle of Dempsey in the box, while Seattle got away with a handball in the box late in the game (though the ref said it was part his natural movement). I'll take the win, obviously, but I wish the games felt more fair than like chance.

First round wrap-up:

Montreal 2 - Columbus 1 (1 away goal)

Portland 0 - Vancouver 0

DC United 0 - NYRB 1 (1 away goal)

Seattle 2 - Dallas 1 (1 away goal)

Looking to next weekend, I think anything can happen in Columbus, including a 3-0 win from either team. I couldn't pick that one.

I bet Vancouver wins 1 or 1 nothing. Portland's come on strong at the end of the season, but I don't have faith in them.

New York will cream DC.

Seattle needs a win or tie to get through, or a loss by a score of 3-2, etc. I bet they do it.

Finally, Eddie Johnson quietly retired due to a heart condition. EJ was the best and I'm sad it ended on a whimper for him.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Jason Kreis is no longer the coach of NYCFC.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2015/11/02/jason-kreis-leaves-post-new-york-city-fc-head-coach

I personally think this isn't good for NYCFC. While the results from the first year were not ideal, especially for success driven City Football Group, I don't think its fair to fire a guy that didn't even have a full team together for a good part of the year due to things he couldn't control.

I think it will even worse for them if they hire someone like Capello or Viera who aren't as knowledgeable of MLS's convuluted rules as Kreis is.

NYCFC will now petition the league to modify the playoff structure, insisting that ownership wealth should be part of the seeding formula.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Absolute bull :censored:. Kreis may not have met their expectations, but ownership made his job this year exponentially more difficult through their own doings. All things considered, it's fairly surprising that the team did as well as they did this year, any other coach surely would've buckled. And guaranteed that CFG is now going to go out and hire some foreign coach with no knowledge of MLS, because of course they will. Buckle up, NYCFC fans, we're in for a bumpy ride.

I've been critical of him this season, playing his people out of position and not sticking with anything long enough to see if it can possibly work, but I don't like firing him after only one season. They gave him more time planning to coach than actually coaching.

I think the only thing that I would be upset at Kreis about if I was CFG is losing all 4 derbies (they should have at least beaten the Cosmos).

I hope he goes to Toronto so that NYCFC & TFC can possibly build up a rivalry and make things more interesting. There matchups against each other were pretty entertaining and hiring Kreis would add to it, IMO.

Archived