North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll have to split into two leagues eventually - they have two kinds of teams with openly-conflicting interests.

Which is what makes the whole thing silly — MLS disbanded the reserves league and moved it to the USL for increased competition, and they’re just going to end up going straight back to a de facto reserves league.

6fQjS3M.png

I went to the Sounders game tonight. Three goals in 20 minutes, with Dempsey scoring twice. Pretty good start, with cruise control thereafter.

Playoff seeds are set:

Knockout Round
*Home team listed first | (seed)

D.C. United (4) vs. New England Revolution (5)
Time TBD, Wednesday, Oct. 28 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN2 (Canada)

Montreal Impact (3) vs. Toronto FC (6)
7:00 PM ET, Thursday, Oct. 29 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN1/4/5 & RDS1 (Canada)

Conference Semifinals

New York Red Bulls (1) vs. lowest-seeded KO Round winner
Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at NY | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

Columbus Crew SC (2) vs. other KO Round winner
Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at CLB | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Knockout Round

Seattle Sounders FC (4) vs. LA Galaxy (5)
10:00 PM ET, Wednesday, Oct. 28 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN2 and RDS2 (Canada)

Portland Timbers (3) vs. Sporting KC (6)
10:00 PM ET, Thursday, Oct. 29 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN1/4/5 (Canada)

Conference Semifinals

FC Dallas (1) vs. lowest-seeded KO Round winner
Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at DAL | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (2) vs. other KO Round winner
Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at VAN | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

MAYBE this is the year Seattle breaks their playoff drought against LA. They're home, which is nice, and LA is on a down year. If Seattle gets through, I feel very good about their chances against Vancouver or Dallas.

The east is New York's to lose, though I'd love to see Montreal shock the world. Too bad they open against Toronto, because it'd be nice to see them meet further along. A home and away Montreal/Toronto series would be pretty special. As it is, it'd be cool if they scheduled the game in Olympic Stadium. They'd fill it, for sure.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No matter how hard MLS tries, there is no way "Decision Day" (sorry #DecisionDay) becomes a thing...

I'm fine marketing the games, love them all in 2 time slots. But there has to be a better name than that...

I went to the Sounders game tonight. Three goals in 20 minutes, with Dempsey scoring twice. Pretty good start, with cruise control thereafter.

Playoff seeds are set:

Knockout Round

D.C. United (4) vs. New England Revolution (5)

Time TBD, Wednesday, Oct. 28 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN2 (Canada)

Montreal Impact (3) vs. Toronto FC (6)

7:00 PM ET, Thursday, Oct. 29 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN1/4/5 & RDS1 (Canada)

Conference Semifinals

New York Red Bulls (1) vs. lowest-seeded KO Round winner

Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at NY | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

Columbus Crew SC (2) vs. other KO Round winner

Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at CLB | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Knockout Round

Seattle Sounders FC (4) vs. LA Galaxy (5)

10:00 PM ET, Wednesday, Oct. 28 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN2 and RDS2 (Canada)

Portland Timbers (3) vs. Sporting KC (6)

10:00 PM ET, Thursday, Oct. 29 | TV: UniMás (US), TSN1/4/5 (Canada)

Conference Semifinals

FC Dallas (1) vs. lowest-seeded KO Round winner

Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at DAL | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

Vancouver Whitecaps FC (2) vs. other KO Round winner

Leg 1: Sunday, Nov. 1 | Leg 2: Sunday, Nov. 8 at VAN | TV: FS1 or ESPN (US), TBD (Canada)

MAYBE this is the year Seattle breaks their playoff drought against LA. They're home, which is nice, and LA is on a down year. If Seattle gets through, I feel very good about their chances against Vancouver or Dallas.

The east is New York's to lose, though I'd love to see Montreal shock the world. Too bad they open against Toronto, because it'd be nice to see them meet further along. A home and away Montreal/Toronto series would be pretty special. As it is, it'd be cool if they scheduled the game in Olympic Stadium. They'd fill it, for sure.

Montreal/Toronto & LA/Seattle are definitely interesting matchups. Hopefully Seattle can beat LA because I want to see a possible MLS final in Seattle just for the crowd and tifos alone.

I also wouldn't mind NYRB winning just to see the looks on the faces of the fans that jumped ship from Red Bull to NYCFC (not saying all NYCFC fans are defectors) if their old team wins the Cup & Shield.

Celtic FC considering a franchise NASL club?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34632349

Where could Celtic go to even make this viable? Outside of maybe Boston I don't really see where they could go.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Where could Celtic go to even make this viable? Outside of maybe Boston I don't really see where they could go.

Depends on what you mean by "viable". There's a couple vacant or under-served cities that could turn a profit on their NASL club, especially with the low buy-in.

Depends on what you mean by "viable". There's a couple vacant or under-served cities that could turn a profit on their NASL club, especially with the low buy-in.

By viable I mean able to generate fans and interests.

If Celtic are going for a team solely for the purpose of scouting and training players then wouldn't the USL be a better option? If I remember correctly, the USL charges less money than the NASL to join its league.

Seeing how the NASL is trying to move into the city compared to MLS, I'd say Boston U's football field would probably be the best bet for market/existing stadium.

Who knows, the NASL is bad

Is there a movement in Boston for a team actually in the city like there was in NYC when the Red Bulls were the only show in the area?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived