North American Pro Soccer 2015

Sodboy13

LAFC stadium renders:

LAFC_plaza%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

LAFC_entrance%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

LAFC_bowl%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

I don't know anything about this section (or any) of LA. Having Rinaldo will help draw attendance. According to Wikipedia, that won't happen until 2018 due to a delay in the EIS process.

The Coliseum and LA Sports Arena (the stadium site) are in Exposition Park which is essentially across the street from the USC campus. Don't fret, USC and younger home owners are quickly gentrifying the area.

One more thought on those renders - looks like they're running with the black and red color scheme for now. Hope they keep the name too.

They've already announced they are keeping the name but they are doing a choose your color campaign on twitter that is being reported by some to be nothing more than a marketing ploy and they already have black and red in mind as the colors.

Yeah, hopefully they keep the red and black. The more things that they put out in those colors, the more silly they'll look if they change.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LAFC stadium renders:

LAFC_plaza%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

LAFC_entrance%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

LAFC_bowl%28FORMATTED%29.jpg

I don't know anything about this section (or any) of LA. Having Rinaldo will help draw attendance. According to Wikipedia, that won't happen until 2018 due to a delay in the EIS process.

The Coliseum and LA Sports Arena (the stadium site) are in Exposition Park which is essentially across the street from the USC campus. Don't fret, USC and younger home owners are quickly gentrifying the area.

One more thought on those renders - looks like they're running with the black and red color scheme for now. Hope they keep the name too.

They've already announced they are keeping the name but they are doing a choose your color campaign on twitter that is being reported by some to be nothing more than a marketing ploy and they already have black and red in mind as the colors.

Yeah, hopefully they keep the red and black. The more things that they put out in those colors, the more silly they'll look if they change.

I have a feeling that whatever color does good in the twitter poll that isn't black or red will be the color of the alternate(in this case pink since that color seems to be doing pretty well).

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Sure would, although if we get it I'd expect to see that scheme on Beckham's club in Miami.

If I was Becks I would go in the Miami Vice direction with the color scheme.

It's a unique color scheme that makes sense for Miami.

I can think of no better example of MLS' playoff absurdity than the fact that the Fire just got eliminated from postseason contention yesterday.

Say more about this. Teams are especially bunched up this year, especially in the west, so there hasn't been a runaway favorite or two to put great distance between first and last.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I can think of no better example of MLS' playoff absurdity than the fact that the Fire just got eliminated from postseason contention yesterday.

I'd say it's the Fire's ineptitude and not the league scheduling that got them eliminated. The fact that Montreal and toronto have games in hand is on the league though. To be fair, if any other MLS team is in the Champions League come next February I'd expect to see the same re configuring of schedules occur. Especially if it's LA or another "glamour team".

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Say more about this. Teams are especially bunched up this year, especially in the west, so there hasn't been a runaway favorite or two to put great distance between first and last.

This is what happens when you take an already weaker Eastern Conference and move SKC & Houston to the West while replacing them with expansion teams.

This is what happens when you take an already weaker Eastern Conference and move SKC and Houston to the West and replace them with expansion teams.

It's not quite as bad as in 1967 when the NHL put the 6 expansion teams in the Western Division and left the original 6 in the Eastern Division. Completely lopsided.

This is what happens when you take an already weaker Eastern Conference and move SKC & Houston to the West while replacing them with expansion teams.

That should have enhanced Chicago's ability to make the playoffs, not weaken them.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/2637197/cosmos-chief-says-us-soccer-and-mls-move-the-goal-on-nasl

NASL blaming MLS for the rules of what a league has to be to qualify as a Division I league. The stadium requirements I can agree with, the number of teams rule is kind of iffy. At the end of the day, the NASL needs to make sure they can get team's psyched to host the teams like Edmonton and Ottawa and ensure they aren't being run by ner' do wells rather than kick and scream for Division I status. If they went head to head with MLS they'd get swept away and the Cosmos know it. They're hoping for an ABA type deal to move up to MLS and are willing to sacrifice the rest of the league to do it. The league commissioner seems to be on board as well which doesn't bode well for teams like San Antonio when it comes to expansion votes in the next few years by MLS.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The NASL bugs me. Outside of fans of NASL teams, why should anyone else care about the league? Its best teams are ascending upward anyway, and the Cosmos repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot.

There is no competition for Division I status in the US. Division II, supplemented by some of the USL PRO teams, seems like a good consolatiom prize.

In the meantime, NASL should stop wasting everyone's time.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, people should care about having healthy leagues at multiple levels. But, if I'm reading your general sentiment correctly, I agree that NASL just needs to freaking worry about NASL.

If you meant that nothing under MLS matters, screw you. :P;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The argument the NASL is putting out there isn't that the NASL is neccesarily ready for D1 now, its that there is a goal for them to reach that doesn't change every time they get close to it. They don't meet the requirements at this moment, but all they needed was a west coast club and assuming owners met the financial requirements*, they met the current standards minus some stadium sizes which they could get waivers for. The MLS has had them before while the Earthquakes played in 10k Buck Shaw Stadium for example.

*that's a big assumption by the way. D1 financial standards are MUCH higher than D2, roughly double.

The USSF has been rumored to want to change the D1 standards when it comes to the number of teams (seems stupid, 12 seemed fine) and the metropolitan areas (complete bullcrap for it to be 2 million). The 15k Stadium requirement already exists so I'm not sure why that's all of a sudden an issue. I agree it seems reasonable to have a minimum size and it also seems reasonable for the USSF to grant waivers to some teams like they've been doing.

The USSF does not have a rule that there is only 1 league at each level on the pyramid even though that's what's happening now. Although the USSF doesn't sanction D4, its not much different than how there is a NPSL and PDL. I think you could argue that overall the NPSL is ahead of PDL and yet they coexist at the same level. The NASL doesn't have to eclipse MLS under the current rules, they only have to meet the minimum requirements of D1.

If you are going to have levels on the pyramid at all without promotion and relegation, and those levels are closed, those levels shouldn't keep changing just as another league approaches those requirements.

I say all this knowing full well the NASL benefited from changing standards midstream when they split from the USL. So there's that...

Overall, yes the NASL should just work on building the best league they can regardless of level on the pyramid. I only care because my team is in it but I do care that all the leagues in the US continue to get better.

Yeah i feel like the argument is a lot like the USFL suing the NFL for running a monopoly. NASL is clearly division 2, USL is clearly D3. I feel like all this bickering is hurting soccer in the US, just because it's not structured well. I feel like the MLS needs to cap it at 24, then fill up the 2nd tier until they hit 24, and continue down the line. Sanction the 4th tier, but keep it amatuer. There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to in the top 10 of FIFA rankings with 330 million people, and a massive playing population

best solution is to institute regulation and promotion like all other leagues do, then itll solve the whole levels issue

It's one thing to say that, and it's another to implement it. Right now the league's would be a 20-12-24, the league's would need to be stable, no more random expansion, and only opportunities at the lowest level. Plus you need to solve how to do that with divisions, and salaries. It's not ready.

It's been said a million times, but pro/rel in a world where David Beckham is paying $100 million for a franchise isn't going to happen. Soccer has a long, long way to go to establishing itself before investors would ever be okay backing a franchise that could go from top to mid level right away.

I have nothing against the NASL as a soccer fed, and moving the goal posts doesn't really bother me. If we really want top-level soccer in the US, then the structure has to be super clear so we can begin investing in it. USL PRO will leapfrog NASL (though it shouldn't) because it's accepting its place in the pyramid. Stability matters and NASL isn't stable.

Archived