NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that but I don't think the Thunder management considers it that important to change the logo.

Yeah they mentioned that in the Grantland article. It's unfortunate the ownership seems stubborn and willfully ignorant about how awful their identity is. I'm just hoping Nike proposes something that will change their minds.

From the article:

Nike will push for an overhaul once it replaces Adidas as the league’s apparel partner in 2017. Nike and the Thunder are already talking, and the Thunder “haven’t ruled out” a more explicit weather-related secondary mark, Byrnes says.

Bad news: Oklahoma City seems locked into the shield motif and likely won’t replace it with a bison — or anything else. “To some extent, we are committed to the idea we have,” Byrnes says. “But we would not dismiss good feedback, particularly from Nike. We’re open to modernizing the logo, but we don’t have an appetite to overhaul it.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-definitive-nba-logo-rankings/

It's nice to see a team telling Nike to suck wind. Even if it is the Thunder.

If. You have to "modernize" a logo that was just made a few years ago then it wasn't s good logo. Not that we didn't know that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

How could the ATL court have blue sidelines?

Major downgrade for the Knicks court. Practically no orange now. Liked the way the orange lanes looked.

PHX01_zpsvql2ye2n.jpg

Everyone of these is better than what they went with.

Would've liked to have seen one like the bottom left with purple outline. Also the top middle, but with the number matching the PHX pattern.

From the Suns' twitter....
CObTegxUsAAq86x.jpg

I haven't been keeping up with the NBA in recent years, but six uniforms seems excessive...it may be common for all I know.

And all of these suck... What a swing and a miss this whole rebrand has been.

They have potential. Major fail on the most crucial element: the streaking sun. Should've tried to get it closer to the original. Also wondering why they didn't use the sunburst on the gray shorts for the orange shorts, instead of going orange on orange. Or even what's on the white and black shorts.

How could the ATL court have blue sidelines?

Major downgrade for the Knicks court. Practically no orange now. Liked the way the orange lanes looked.

PHX01_zpsvql2ye2n.jpg

Everyone of these is better than what they went with.

Would've liked to have seen one like the bottom left with purple outline. Also the top middle, but with the number matching the PHX pattern.

From the Suns' twitter....

CObTegxUsAAq86x.jpg

I haven't been keeping up with the NBA in recent years, but six uniforms seems excessive...it may be common for all I know.

And all of these suck... What a swing and a miss this whole rebrand has been.

They have potential. Major fail on the most crucial element: the streaking sun. Should've tried to get it closer to the original. Also wondering why they didn't use the sunburst on the gray shorts for the orange shorts, instead of going orange on orange. Or even what's on the white and black shorts.

Streaking sun without an actual sun. The streaks and numbers combination is totally horrible especially with single digit numbers...

phoenix' entire rebrand is a disaster. they need to just chill out for a few years and restart as soon as possible.

I wouldn't call it a disaster I just call it underwhelming with missed opportunities; all they need to do is just a few tweaks to make it right. The Thunder on the other hand needs to overhaul everything!!
shado_logo.gif

phoenix' entire rebrand is a disaster. they need to just chill out for a few years and restart as soon as possible.

I wouldn't call it a disaster I just call it underwhelming with missed opportunities; all they need to do is just a few tweaks to make it right. The Thunder on the other hand needs to overhaul everything!!

No, he was right. The Suns' current identity is a disaster. The last one sucked, so it doesn't do anything to compare it to that. But the colors are bad (dark purple and dark orange), the color balance is bad, the logos are bad, the wordmarks and numbers are bad, the jersey templates are bad, and the sunstreak on the jerseys is laughably bad. There's not a single redeeming quality to them.

The Thunder, on the other hand, have really good uniforms. The lettering on the road is a little awkward, but that's it. The logo is horrid, but that doesn't make the uniforms bad (outside of the logo appearing on the shorts). All the Thunder needs is a decent logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Rockets to have Alt Jersey unveiling party tonight. I'm assuming it's the red/yellow CLUTCH CITY jerseys that were in the Adidas leak.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2015/09/rockets-to-debut-new-alternate-uniforms/

The “Pride” uniform replaces the ketchup and mustard uniform the team wore often in recent seasons, especially in the post-season, but will also use the colors from the franchise’s championship seasons.

“They will see basically a throwback, a celebration of our history, jersey,” Rockets senior director of marketing Ken Sheirr said. “And they will see a couple new uniforms with colors that are part of our palate but that they have not seen as base colors for our jerseys in the past. We will not be wearing the throwback jersey we’ve been wearing. This will take the place of that. It’s a very popular color scheme for our fans. There is a twist people will see I think they will be excited to see.”

Archived