NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Wilt said:

and Spurs not wearing their home uniforms in that game

dirk.jpg

Actually those are the Spurs alternate home jerseys.

And, FWIW -- those aren't true Mavs' throwbacks. The numbers don't match the font (and it looks like the green is lighter than the orginal as well -- brighter shade.

2056370_display_image.jpg

I meant regular home uniforms, which I'm aware are different from the 80-90s Spurs uniforms but still very similar. Thanks for pointing out the differences between the throwbacks and original Mavs jerseys. Still I consider them close enough. Nothing comparable to the Washington's abominations. And to make the matters worse the broadcasters pretend that they are Baltimore Bullers when they are wearing those pyjamas.

7 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

After Sunday we may have a more definite answer to the ads-on-jersey possibility: 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14762701/nba-owners-discuss-league-proposal-put-advertisements-jerseys

Not a good idea, to put it mildly.

NBA uniforms are crappy enough already.  Nike, you think outfitting the NBA is a gold mine ? Maybe not, your jerseys will have another brand logo on the front, right next to your swoosh (NBA will now allow manufacturer logo on jersey)  And hopefully merchandise sales will go down as well.

7 hours ago, Almighty said:

Not a good idea, to put it mildly.

NBA uniforms are crappy enough already.  Nike, you think outfitting the NBA is a gold mine ? Maybe not, your jerseys will have another brand logo on the front, right next to your swoosh (NBA will now allow manufacturer logo on jersey)  And hopefully merchandise sales will go down as well.

I doubt the ads are on the replica/swingman jerseys which most fans buy anyway. 

We will see, the ads are an integral part of association football shirts (apart from alcohol/gambling ads, which don't appear on childer apparel). I suppose a company paying for an advertisment would expect maximum exposure.

1 hour ago, ItzJamesFTW said:

So are we to assume by this that the Kings, Pistons, and Jazz are getting new primary logos next year? Also Celtics changing? Do we have a 2016-2017 thread going yet? Might be time to start one. (Credit to @Conrad.)

CbBYAcuW4AArZ3h.jpg large.jpg

New primary logo and jerseys for the Pistons? Damn, I hope it's a return to the bad boys uniforms and logo but I'm extremely worried...

Hawks announcers call him the "anchorman", I suppose he brings his lunch pail to work.,  I get if they didn't have time to come up with anything for Pau as a late add, but they could do more than team fonts alone for him and Durant.

2 hours ago, ItzJamesFTW said:

So are we to assume by this that the Kings, Pistons, and Jazz are getting new primary logos next year? Also Celtics changing? Do we have a 2016-2017 thread going yet? Might be time to start one. (Credit to @Conrad.)

CbBYAcuW4AArZ3h.jpg large.jpg

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

The Jazz are getting new uniforms? OK, I'm excited now!

I'm willing to bet that the new Jazz logo will be a tweaked note logo, probably with "UTAH", like the 1980s-90s look:

utah_jazz2.png

The "UTAH" will probably have an updated Optima-type font.

Archived