2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... how far has Okie State fallen to start the season visiting a MAC school?

Yeah, geez... they were one loss away from the National Championship game, what, three years ago?

That is the biggest opponent which Mt. Pleasant will get, outside of a possibly ranked NIU and there seemed to be thousands of empties. Power 5 teams don't visit you often, Central.

So, a week after a fraternity of theirs allegedly did a racist chant, Georgia Tech's running up the score on an HBCU (Alcorn State, to be exact).

I guess the Old South is far from dead...

bYhYmxh.png

So, a week after a fraternity of theirs allegedly did a racist chant, Georgia Tech's running up the score on an HBCU (Alcorn State, to be exact).

Wow a top tier ACC team blew out an FCS opponent, what a shocker. :rolleyes:

It's not the blowing out part that bothers me...it's the running up the score part.

Georgia Tech led 48-0 at halftime...

bYhYmxh.png

Do you want them to take a knee every play of the second half? They threw five passes the entire game.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's not the blowing out part that bothers me...it's the running up the score part.

Uhh, Tech runs the ball pretty much every play.

If you don’t want to get beat 69-6, don’t schedule a team that’s 100 points better than you for the money.

6fQjS3M.png

Do you want them to take a knee every play of the second half? They threw five passes the entire game.

Georgia Tech's offense is a run heavy offence. They barely pass in any game.

Yeah, geez... they were one loss away from the National Championship game, what, three years ago?

That is the biggest opponent which Mt. Pleasant will get, outside of a possibly ranked NIU and there seemed to be thousands of empties. Power 5 teams don't visit you often, Central.
I'd like to see more of the bigger schools do this. Michigan State plays at Western Michigan this weekend too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1. Do you propose Georgia Tech start passing? Because that's the other option.

2. Alcorn probably can pay its annual athletic department budget after this. I thought you liked people having teams Burmeister.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd like to see more of the bigger schools do this. Michigan State plays at Western Michigan this weekend too.
Oklahoma State/Central Michigan signrd a 2-for-1 contract back in 2011. Oklahoma State got the road game out of the way first and CMU gets a bonus in two years.

http://m.newsok.com/article/5444110

*checks NCAA scores*

*sees FIU/UCF and WKU/Vandy scores*

*re-checks Indiana schedule*

*alarm about Hoosiers season rises*

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It doesn't get much more insulting than this.

A "no contest" is just a nice way of telling the players, coaches, staff and fans "You all wasted your time-we still have your money, though!"

Yeah, it's so much better to risk injury while you are groggily playing at 1 in the morning and trying to dodge lightning strikes.

Today, we are all otaku.

A "no contest" is just a nice way of telling the players, coaches, staff and fans "You all wasted your time-we still have your money, though!"

Yeah, it's so much better to risk injury while you are groggily playing at 1 in the morning and trying to dodge lightning strikes.

As if they couldn't wait and see if they could resume it later in the weekend...if all else fails, declare it a Rockets win 16-7.

bYhYmxh.png

As if they couldn't wait and see if they could resume it later in the weekend...if all else fails, declare it a Rockets win 16-7.
Umm.

See Florida v. Idaho from 2014

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/3/6090801/florida-idaho-game-canceled-terminated-schedule

They should have bought insurance:

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southeast/2014/09/15/340449.htm

I don't think Stony Brook or Toledo could afford to play the game all over the next day. The referee crew shouldn't have an assignment Saturday but if they did, three days of work in a row is a big ask. That's not even considering everything else that's required to play the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived