2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Mike Leach and Wazzu, falling to Portland State at home.

*laughs like the freaking mad man that he is*

Oh, Waz-Spew... just keep failing, buddy. Makes it easier for Washington to be the best in the state.

Last time I saw a last second Hail Mary touchdown pass for the win was in a Chargers/Panther opening day matchup some years ago in the NFL. A rare sight, but always exciting.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Does anyone else not get excited about the first weekend of college football? There's only a handful of good games.

To me, this is like a preview weekend and things really start in week 2.

Also, it really bugs me this Wisconsin-Alabama game is in Arlington. It's taking the best part of college football (the atmosphere on campus, students, etc.) and removing most of it.

And these neutral site games are only going to increase in number in future years.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Does anyone else not get excited about the first weekend of college football? There's only a handful of good games.

To me, this is like a preview weekend and things really start in week 2.

Also, it really bugs me this Wisconsin-Alabama game is in Arlington. It's taking the best part of college football (the atmosphere on campus, students, etc.) and removing most of it.

And these neutral site games are only going to increase in number in future years.

I like it. To be honest, I like that there's only a few big time games because most teams are rusty anyways. I like having this week to just enjoy football being back and just watch the few big time games (and my Gators of course). I prefer watching big time games when the teams are closer to mid-season form, to be honest.

IUe6Hvh.png

The first weekend of the season is pretty much a chance to see what teams look good and what teams look like a dumpster fire could break out.

In the case of Kansas, that would be the latter. Man... how do you half ass a game winning field goal attempt?

So Arizona State with all the hype and predictions and expectations put upon it loses a game it needs to win...

Because of course it does.

And to add a little extra salt, some of the major players (like that freshman that broke the 66-yard TD pass) are recruits from! ...the state of Arizona.

Good job, Sun Devils.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There have been quite a few good match ups out of the gate this season. Usually in week one, we get stuck games like Alabama vs. The Fighting Eyeballs of Left Nut Arkansas State Optical Institute A&M or something. It's been one of the better starts to College Football that I can remember.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, that was an AWFUL game for us. Pretty typical, though.

Yup.

Gotta run the table to pull an Ohio State-like jump back into the playoff like many had them picked. But that's so far off now. For now, time to gear up for a tight Pac-12 South and try to get a Rose Bowl berth.

----

Also, Kansas State's band had an interesting performance today. They formed a Kansas Jayhawk and the "Starship Enterprise"... Surrrrrre they did.

COLyCVTWUAAO02y.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived