NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

But a guy who has run his businesses into the ground four times isn't exactly the sort you want to share your wallet with.

Even setting aside the whole racist thing.

This is a man who sued Forbes go saying that his worth was less than a billion for three billion dollars. Jesus Christ, could you imagine how he would handle his general managers and coaches? He'd probably sue the first head coach he fires for quality infringement.

GR30a5H.png

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The halftime show wouldn't be the draw it is without the performers.

Try putting Fountains of Wayne or something like that on stage and see the ratings plummet. The NFL needs the artists more than the artists need the NFL. Just because you want to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't get paid. This is exactly like them asking Todd Radom to design the Super Bowl logo for free. "You like doing it right? This will get you so much exposure!"

Here's something original:

How about NO halftime show!

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

This! I just turn it off anyway because the acts are generally crap. It's the biggest game of the season I would prefer the most extensive breakdown of the year.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Set up a ring and have Brock Lesnar beat the piss out of John Cena at halftime. Add a cage if you want.

Like when Mankind vs Rock was a halftime show, but at the actual Super Bowl and on the actual network.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This! I just turn it off anyway because the acts are generally crap. It's the biggest game of the season I would prefer the most extensive breakdown of the year.

Here's the breakdown for every Super Bowl halftime: "Team A needs to run the ball more! Team B is making too many mistakes! Team A is 4-for-9 on third down, hopefully they can improve that in the second half! Team B should spread the defense out and use more quick passes to offset the rush".

Rinse, wash, and repeat. There doesn't need to be extended breakdowns, because they just repeat the same lines over and over again.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The halftime show wouldn't be the draw it is without the performers.

Try putting Fountains of Wayne or something like that on stage and see the ratings plummet. The NFL needs the artists more than the artists need the NFL. Just because you want to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't get paid. This is exactly like them asking Todd Radom to design the Super Bowl logo for free. "You like doing it right? This will get you so much exposure!"

So the free sample business model is DOA?

Doing the show for free as kind of a lifetime achievement award doesn't totally upset me, though it is funny that the giant commerce machine that is the NFL can't spare a few bucks for its halftime show. Paying to work the show, however, does totally upset me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Doing the show for free as kind of a lifetime achievement award doesn't totally upset me, though it is funny that the giant commerce machine that is the NFL can't spare a few bucks for its halftime show. Paying to work the show, however, does totally upset me.

I agree with this. I think having the artist pay for performing is one of the dumbest ideas the NFL has come up with in a while. It's too heavy on "We're playing this game to make money from everyone" vs. an unofficial holiday and celebration of sport.

Should the artist singing the national anthem have to pay for that opportunity too? I mean, Whitney Houston added to her legacy because of it...

C'mon, NFL. Do the right thing.

Longtime AEG guy Tim Leiweke resigned from MLSE recently, right after MLSE's attempt to buy the Buffalo Bills went over like a fart in church. Probably safe to say Toronto's out of the sweepstakes.

Sounds like things are coalescing for Los Angeles rather nicely, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Better the raiders go to Toronto than back to LA. I and the majority of the Los Angeles population will become borderline suicidal if the raiders announce they come back here. Trust me most people here don't want them back.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

Archived