NFL Merry-Go-Round: Relocation Roundelay

duma

The Jets aren't on the map at all. Does that mean they aren't popular? No. The Raiders are likely second in most 49ers counties in addition to owning L.A.

This is a nice opportunity for some random county in Montana or the Dakotas to declare themselves "Jets County" and all switch their Facebook allegiances.

It would have been helpful if they'd provided the percetages on the NFL map like they did on the MLB one earlier this year. But I'd wager a tidy sum that in those Bay Area counties the Raiders are a VERY distant second. The fact they don't even own their own county is telling on just how much of an also ran they are. And while it's true the Jets also don't own any territory in the home region, they also aren't also having attendance problems for 2 decades (so much so that the Raiders have now been forced to artificially reduce capacity on the Coliseum down the almost 10,000 seats less than the next smallest stadium).

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets aren't on the map at all. Does that mean they aren't popular? No. The Raiders are likely second in most 49ers counties in addition to owning L.A.

This is a nice opportunity for some random county in Montana or the Dakotas to declare themselves "Jets County" and all switch their Facebook allegiances.

Yeah, it's an incredibly unscientific and likely inaccurate "poll". But I thought it was fun, considering our conversation.

And this is why the Raiders want to move back to LA. They're STILL LA's team after 20 years of dicking around in obscurity and irrelevance in Oakland. Almost no one in the Bay Area ever wanted them back, and they're still not wanted today. And no one would miss them if they bailed again. The Niners cemented their place as the Bay Area's only relevant football team during the Raiders last absense and it's something the Raiders never have been able to recover from.

Wishcasting

How so? The Raiders attendance has been miserable since the day they moved back to Oakland. Blackouts have abounded. The public will never provide them a new stadium and regrets the money they wasted on the team in the 90's. And that map reflects that reality. The Raiders are not at all popular in the Bay Area. Only Oakland pols seem to care they're still here.

You always have it out for the Raiders and Oakland. It's clear you just want them gone and will contort any spurious statistics you see fit just to crap on the Raiders some more.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It would have been helpful if they'd provided the percetages on the NFL map like they did on the MLB one earlier this year. But I'd wager a tidy sum that in those Bay Area counties the Raiders are a VERY distant second. The fact they don't even own their own county is telling on just how much of an also ran they are. And while it's true the Jets also don't own any territory in the home region, they also aren't also having attendance problems for 2 decades (so much so that the Raiders have now been forced to artificially reduce capacity on the Coliseum down the almost 10,000 seats less than the next smallest stadium).

I'm sorry some Oakland townie confused you for a Google employee and beat and robbed you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, it's an incredibly unscientific and likely inaccurate "poll". But I thought it was fun, considering our conversation.
That was more in response to the Raiders-are-dead-in-NorCal argument than your original post. The Jets' absence is indeed a fun quirk of this map.

Good for Buffalo. I'm really happy to see that. I'm also really happy Bon Jovi and Donald Trump aren't going to own an NFL team.

Let's hope Terry Pegula is better at owning a football team than he is a hockey team.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Pegula might not be bad at owning the Sabres. I think it's more that he took control of the team right when the old core had run its course and it made the most sense to nuke it. Operationally, I think the Sabres are functioning rather well. They're just losing a lot right now.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You're probably right, but when he took over the Sabres were going to be perennial cup champions off his zeal alone and the exact opposite has happened.

He hasn't been the slam dunk I think Buffalo hockey fans were hoping for.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm so conflicted with this. On one end, the Pegulas represent the side with the least intent of relocating the Bills out of Western New York. On the other, this guy made his millions in hydraulic oil fracking and rock shaleling, Don't know If it's a case of the "evil doer doing a good deed," or vice-versa.

I'm so conflicted with this. On one end, the Pegulas represent the side with the least intent of relocating the Bills out of Western New York. On the other, this guy made his millions in hydraulic oil fracking and rock shaleling, Don't know If it's a case of the "evil doer doing a good deed," or vice-versa.

Those people's tap water would have caught fire, anyway.*

*actually might be the case with those "flaming tap water" videos

As far as his tenure with the Sabres goes, I think he didn't want to be one of "those" owners, and was too timid at the beginning. I really judge his ownership starting from the firing of Darcy Regier. The only thing I can't explain away is that damn cape third jersey. That had to have happened entirely on his watch.

I'm glad that Bills are staying. They were my second favorite team from childhood, and it wouldn't be the same without them in Buffalo. I didn't follow the Bills' ownership situation closely at all, but I figured for a few years that they wouldn't be able to find an upstate NY buyer, so they would be moved when Wilson passed. I'm glad I was wrong.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm glad that Bills are staying. They were my second favorite team from childhood, and it wouldn't be the same without them in Buffalo. I didn't follow the Bills' ownership situation closely at all, but I figured for a few years that they wouldn't be able to find an upstate NY buyer, so they would be moved when Wilson passed. I'm glad I was wrong.

Well we're down to the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers now...

Bills are staying home, and the Jaguars can't leave unless they find a way to go back in time and not sign their current lease.

Archived