2015-16 College hoops

dgthree

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bkknight95 said:

I'd like it more if they stuck to the double blues and didn't arbitrarily throw in a third color. 

I'm fine with anything that makes the individual courts stand out . . . within reason of course. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Alot if those little links don't lead to anywhere. Texas UNI will look good, same with Providence and USC. By the way Oregon State is the home team. Or do they play home games in Orange?

I don't know but that's what I thought looked good and I couldn't find VCU in black.

IxkieML.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Call me odd, but I miss the old court:

NCAA.jpg

Maybe It's boring, but it's simple beauty.

There are a few alterations I'd prefer to make to these, but they're much better than the new ones. I never understood why these got so much hate.

My first impression on the new graphics used for the tourney... they look so generic. It has no character, which I guess is what they were going for since it's broadcasted on 4 different channels. 

The new court is meh. Anything would have been an improvement over the old one.

The new graphics package is AWFUL (I loved the last one). I like the package but the main scoreboard on the bottom is horrible. This one is just way to bland and takes up too much space. On the other hand, the new courts are great and finally have some character. Well, guess you have to trade one good thing for another...

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

2 hours ago, bri1275 said:

Old courts sucked out loud. New ones are better but I still preferred it when they just played at the sites normal court. Gave each site its own distinct personality. 

I loved those. It seemed like most of them were smaller schools that weren't in the tournament, which made sense because it wouldn't typically give one team a huge fan advantage over the other. I still remember finding out that Texas-San Antonio was the Roadrunners because of an NCAA Tournament game played on their court several years before they actually made the tourney (possibly before they were even tourney-eligible).

19 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Alot if those little links don't lead to anywhere. Texas UNI will look good, same with Providence and USC. By the way Oregon State is the home team. Or do they play home games in Orange?

I believe Oregon State has played a good number of games in orange this year, both home and road. An orange-on-black matchup wouldn't surprise me for that game.

2 hours ago, Jabel777 said:

The new graphics package is AWFUL (I loved the last one). I like the package but the main scoreboard on the bottom is horrible. This one is just way to bland and takes up too much space. On the other hand, the new courts are great and finally have some character. Well, guess you have to trade one good thing for another...

I too like the new graphics package. But, yeah, this score bug is far to big and bulky.

zerakus_sports.png

I like the darker color of the new floor. I really like that they are using different colors for different locations. But the lane bothers me. Hard to tell if it's another wood stain or simply white. I wish it was blue or the location color, or even make it the primary dark stain and flip the half circle to the stain inside the 3pt line. 

8 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Call me odd, but I miss the old court:

NCAA.jpg

Maybe It's boring, but it's simple beauty.

This version was fine, but once they started going to the different wood stain inside the 3-point arc, it took a downturn. That leads to my complaint with these courts this year. Pick a stain for the wood and use it for the whole court. If you want to paint the key, fine, but three or four different shades of wood grain is a bit much.

From a designer's perspective, I love the new package of graphics and how everything looks together.  Clean and cohesive.  Great branding throughout.

From a fan's perspective, I really miss when they used to just apply an NCAA logo over the existing court.  Boise's old court always stuck out to me because I think they hosted every year, and it was so unique:

IdahoJBS9.jpg

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

The new floor template kills the black and blue drab they had been using.

Just replace the midcourt logo with the blue NCAA sphere and it's an all-around win.

I agree.  I actually liked the big blue sphere.  The black with blue letters was getting really tired.  This is better and what appears to be different colors by region is a nice touch.

Of course, what I'd really like to see is the old days of "host schools".  I know very few sites are the home of the any college team, but they could still use host schools.  When the Metrodome used to host, the floor had a maroon/gold trim (and maybe even a Minnesota block M on the corners).  I am sure there were other examples.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 hours ago, ICTknight said:

Vanderbilt really needs to switch to black numbers on their white jerseys. The gold ones are unreadable.

Got dumptrucked by the Shockers, so that takes care of that. ?

6uXNWAo.png

Archived