Unused Logos and Uniforms

On 3/31/2019 at 6:36 PM, Quillz said:

Supposedly the Hawkeyes have had this "alternate" logo since 1999, but it was in fact an attempt to modernize the primary and was never implemented.

1875_iowa_hawkeyes-primary-1996.png

It really is terrible. The spacing of black and yellow between themselves is all over the place, and just creates a visual riddle for the eye.

Young designers - when you're making (especially 1 & 2 color) logos, consistency in spacing between elements is crucial. It doesn't need to be the same by any means - but it should have some uniformity. The five main elements (4 parts and oval) are all over the place. It looks like a messy room.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Nets alternate from 1998/1999 season. This jersey confusing me, because it has season tag, but I can't find any game pictures with it, I only found photos with v-neck version:

spacer.png

I found also Van Horn jersey with round collar and IIRC round version was also used in NBA Live 2000.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Nets alternate from 1998/1999 season. This jersey confusing me, because it has season tag, but I can't find any game pictures with it, I only found photos with v-neck version:

spacer.png

I found also Van Horn jersey with round collar and IIRC round version was also used in NBA Live 2000.

I am pretty sure those were worn the first couple of years of that look's existence before switching to the white lettered version (with wider shoulder straps, I believe?

The mothership has this worn from 1998-2000

ekv7u26jeehq5g4z38qncxv7p.gif

And, this worn from 2000-2005 ...

ighkqdigf0vglskm379fst8bl.gif

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

From what I found Navy letters was used only in1998/1999 season. For 1999/2000 they switched to white letters + triangle inside collar (like above) and then for 2002/2003 (first year of Reebok) they put triangle on collar:

s_5c4e47f0534ef973b2146efd.jpg

After 2004/2005 season silver alternate was retired and When adidas came to league for 2006/2007 season red one was introduced.

So silver jersey had three incarnations plus one unsued (navy with round collar).

4r2eer.png

20 hours ago, pepis21 said:

From what I found Navy letters was used only in1998/1999 season. For 1999/2000 they switched to white letters + triangle inside collar (like above) and then for 2002/2003 (first year of Reebok) they put triangle on collar:

s_5c4e47f0534ef973b2146efd.jpg

After 2004/2005 season silver alternate was retired and When adidas came to league for 2006/2007 season red one was introduced.

So silver jersey had three incarnations plus one unsued (navy with round collar).

Yeah, I'm not sure if they wore the navy on gray for JUST that one season, but I did find some game pictures from GettyImages. For some reason I thought they had wide shoulders in the 2000-04 alternates? Hmmm ... fun find.

kerry-kittles-of-the-new-jersey-nets-han

jayson-williams-of-the-new-jersey-nets-l

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

Still amazing how simply changing the number color took the Nets grays from trash to classics.

Trash is really exaggerating...

But those uniforms are great. That side-paneling is iconic. Too bad they are gone forever. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

At least, on the front, they wouldn't. I don't think the design wraps around to the back, though.

Maybe numbers on the front of the shorts.

Yup, on the shorts.

If you haven't read the whole story, it's totally worth it. 

Dg4ouftWsAECVG4.jpg

• Like 11

On 3/6/2018 at 12:06 PM, Gothamite said:

"CREATING A BRAND IDENTITY: HOW CHARLOTTE BECAME THE BOBCATS"

Can't wait for the sequel PDF, "How Charlotte Came to its Senses":D

I would say they still haven't. Sure, the name is better, but it's the edgelord version of their old identity without any of the charm.

• Like 2