Unused Logos and Uniforms

Pretty interesting article about the Mavericks nearly rebranding twice in the 90’s. 

The first one looks like a more 90ified version of the current, the second one is just rough. Still have no idea why they put black on the logos only to have navy uniforms. Was black really that needed in the logo that they couldn’t replace it with navy once the NBA told them they couldn’t have black uniforms? 

And a new Mavs rebrand seems inevitable at this point, but I guess we’ll start that thread once it’s confirmed.

• Like 6
07Giants.pngnyy.png

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

What was the other movie’s excuse?

No idea, honestly. It's possible that the NBA as a whole signed on for the deal but the Clippers and/or Lakers just said "no thanks."

Or maybe it was a roundabout homage to The Natural. The talisman of the main character even gets struck by lightning.

I know this doesn’t add to the thread, but I can’t quit looking at that swamp dragon and think that it had to be drawn by the friend of a friend who can give you a nice tattoo for $25

• Like 11
KISSwall09.jpg

Based on how crappily the decals were applied... probably some homemade creation. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Found this online, apparently a prototype seahawks helmet from around 2000, any confirmation?

spacer.png

The hawk also needs to lay off the Red Bulls.

• Like 9

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Middle row left reminds me a lot of this:

spacer.png

• Like 8

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 9/20/2019 at 12:08 AM, mcrosby said:

Such great logo possibilities wasted on such a bad name

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• 1 month later...

oidnhm4hi49p4qbv0x5zf3wsu.gif

Loved the gradient, Hated the black and green pants.

Also, the Nordiques nearly changed logo shortly before they moved to Denver. I think the husky is definitely a great idea for the Nordiques, but this logo need a massive update.

Definitely a great idea for a shoulder patch if the classic "N" igloo becomes the crest. In case if they're back.

288.gif

• Like 2

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png