Unused Logos and Uniforms

11 hours ago, raysox said:

Another Todd Radom special, this time the Texas Rangers

Never realized how odd that flag logo looks.  Never realized it's the badge, not a regular star, and there's a gray part of the stripe (that doesn't appear to be a shade), and that weird blue part at the bottom.

Between that and the T-Flag jerseys, this may be the very first Radom work I'm not a fan of.  Of course, it's the Rangers, who don't seem to care at all about their brand, so the blame probably belongs on them.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 10:10 AM, TheRealPepman said:

Toronto Maple Leafs (1967 jersey in vintage white)

UeyAKzd.jpg

Apologies for the late reply, but I remember this! The story about why it's unused is hilarious: sometime in the late-00s, I wanna say 2008 or 2009, they were planning on bringing these back for the playoffs when they made it... but then, of course, they missed the playoffs (as they did every year between the last two lockouts) and couldn't use them. Oops.

On 12/4/2023 at 12:33 AM, mcj882000 said:

Apologies for the late reply, but I remember this! The story about why it's unused is hilarious: sometime in the late-00s, I wanna say 2008 or 2009, they were planning on bringing these back for the playoffs when they made it... but then, of course, they missed the playoffs (as they did every year between the last two lockouts) and couldn't use them. Oops.

They kinda wore that in 2013. Only, the white was now purely white instead of cream.

leaf-fans-celebrate-the-win-of-game-6.jp

• 2 months later...

No idea if this is legit, but the seller is saying it's a prototype Islanders Retro Reverse 1.0 jersey.  Either way, it would have looked a lot better and more going with the spirit of the RR program than what the Islanders ended up with.

spacer.png

• Like 9

On 2/20/2024 at 10:01 PM, TheRealPepman said:

When the Orlando Magic unveiled their 2003-08 uniforms, the jerseys originally looked slightly different:

tracy-mcgrady-poses.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi

tracy-mcgrady-poses.jpg?s=2048x2048&w=gi

Huh. That's fascinating. I've never seen these before. It was a good quick switcheroo. 

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 4 weeks later...

(all photos are credited to the original owner)

St. Louis Blues' 1994 Jersey Prototype

TdMTZfa.jpg

Ottawa Senators' 2020 Jersey Prototype (black version exists too)

CxoHtcY.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs' 2016  Jersey Prototype (those texts in the end corners are something else for sure)

0TuGvta.jpg

Florida Panthers' 2011 Jersey Prototype

1TKipED.jpg

Colorado Avalanche's 2008 Jersey Prototype

8mp4kwN.jpg

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

As the lone fan of the Blues Gretzky-era look, I'd love to see that Blues prototype in action.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, that Blues jersey actually looks pretty damn nice. I'd maybe fill in the middle and add a simple stripe on the hem, but otherwise that's pretty solid for something like an alternate. Hell, maybe they could pull it out for the upcoming Winter Classic.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

(all photos are credited to the original owner)

St. Louis Blues' 1994 Jersey Prototype

TdMTZfa.jpg

So now I know where they find an inspiration for these

cut-e1578502887807.jpg

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

4r2eer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I was in a Buffalo Wild Wings near Jacksonville FL and saw this:

Well, shoot, I can't seem to figure out how to upload a saved image...it's a current Jags helmet with a teal stripe down the center and a teal facemask...one of those Miller Lite electric bar signs.  Anyone know if it was a prototype that was considered at the time, or just one of those examples of 'creative license' taken by the manufacturer?

(Never mind, I just changed my profile photo instead...curse all this new-fangled technology!)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2023 at 8:05 PM, Tomkesler said:

Met an old man in my neighborhood earlier today and he was wearing a Seahawks jacket. It must have been 40 years old. 

anyone ever seen this Seahawks logo before? I’ve lived in the PNW my whole life and never seen it. 

spacer.png

kinda looks like Sam the Eagle.

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin