2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Utd 0-0 West Ham - LOL

Man City 0-2 Stoke - Double LOL

Chelsea 0-1 Bournemouth - Triple LOL

Liverpool play Newcastle - this has the potential to be a good BPL weekend.

Quadruple LOL

Absolutely, what a turrible game

spacer.png

City top the group, United crash out, Arsenal likely to follow them, Chelsea still playing awful and won't progress far, Liverpool and Tottenham are stuck in Europa. This is precisely the reason the PL is likely to lose a UCL spot for next season. At least City is carrying that torch.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Garry Monk gets sacked at Swansea City. Wonder if they'd take Brendan Rodgers back?

You would surely have to think that they have someone specific in mind and a replacement imminent for them to cut ties with Monk who has been at the club for a long time and achieved so much with them (relatively speaking) last year?

Rodgers could happen - stranger things have happened in football. I personally think Moyes would be a better fit though as he would sure up their defensive woes which are causing them so many problems at the moment.

City top the group, United crash out, Arsenal likely to follow them, Chelsea still playing awful and won't progress far, Liverpool and Tottenham are stuck in Europa. This is precisely the reason the PL is likely to lose a UCL spot for next season. At least City is carrying that torch.

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings. Plus I think that every English club that finds itself in the Europa League knockouts will have to take it seriously. WInning the competition may well be at least 1 of the team's only hope of CL football next year.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Say what now?

Good on Arsenal, that may actually save the PL's fourth CL spot. I don't like Arsenal by any stretch but I wasn't rooting against them either. Plus, United being the only English team to get knocked out in the group stage makes it even better.

Marble, I totally agree, it drives me crazy that they don't go for it in the EL. Especially clubs that are already eliminated from the FA and/or Capital One Cup.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I still think that the 3rd place team from the Champions League group should not go into the Europa League. I think it would be better if the losers from the first Champions League knockout round then dropped into the Europa.

The losers from the first Champions League knockout (I think you mean the playoffs?) are playing in the Europa League group stage, if you mean that.

No. I mean the losers of the "Round of 16". Let's imagine that next week Real Madrid v PSG is drawn. If Real Madrid win and advance to the Champions League Quarter Final... Then PSG would in theory then be put into the next Europa League round.

My problem with the current system is that a team can finish 3rd in the Champions League group without much difficulty and still have a chance at winning a trophy. Where another team can try really hard, finish top of their group and then be eliminated by being drawn against a top team in the round of 16.

Good on Arsenal, that may actually save the PL's fourth CL spot.

In that case, I would have probably helped EPL more to have Arsenal in Europa League collecting points in a couple of matches against easier opponents, than immediately getting destroyed by the likes of Barca or Real in the next round of CL.

In a most pleasing piece of news, Merton Council have in the last hour approved AFC Wimbledon's proposed new stadium. The Dons are finally heading home.

And if somehow some way the Dons return to the EPL and get the proposed stadium, ESPN should do a 30 for 30 talking about the rise of the new AFC Wimbledon after the original Dons moved.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Good news, France moves into four for the coefficent.

Not completly sure how it works in particular, but would be fantastic to see Ligue 1 get that fourth CL spot.

Though still looks like the only way l'OM will get in is if they win the Europa league this year, which doesnt seem out of the realm of possibilities

That is(same for Ligue 1, for that matter) if they can get back to playing well at the vélodrome.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Sorry to say that, but it's actually not possible for France to move to position three of the UEFA coefficient. Italy made more points than France every single season over the last five years. So they will most likely join the top-3 next year.

But only three CL-spots for the Premier League just seem wrong. I hope one of them teams forces itself to the Europa League final this year.

btw. today are the Euro 16 drawings. I hope Germany joins a group with Austria and Hungary. And I would especially like when our Turkish brothers would be in the group, too.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived