2015/16 International Football

Crabcake

In a most pleasing piece of news, Merton Council have in the last hour approved AFC Wimbledon's proposed new stadium. The Dons are finally heading home.

And if somehow some way the Dons return to the EPL and get the proposed stadium, ESPN should do a 30 for 30 talking about the rise of the new AFC Wimbledon after the original Dons moved.

It's not basketball or football, so fat chance.

In all honesty I'd love to see that. I don't know enough about the before MK time so that'd be really interesting.

Euro 2016 draw at noon EST on Saturday

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a most pleasing piece of news, Merton Council have in the last hour approved AFC Wimbledon's proposed new stadium. The Dons are finally heading home.

And if somehow some way the Dons return to the EPL and get the proposed stadium, ESPN should do a 30 for 30 talking about the rise of the new AFC Wimbledon after the original Dons moved.
It's not basketball or football, so fat chance.

In all honesty I'd love to see that. I don't know enough about the before MK time so that'd be really interesting.

Euro 2016 draw at noon EST on Saturday

I think it's possible, but most likely on NBC since they carry the Premier League. ESPN also produced 30 for 30 football stories in the build up to World Cup 2014. It's possible they could do it prior to Euro 2016.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Euro 2016 Draw...

Group A: France, Romania, Albania, Switzerland

Group B: England, Russia, Wales, Slovakia

Group C: Germany, Ukraine, Poland, Northern Ireland

Group D: Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Croatia

Group E: Belgium, Italy, Ireland, Sweden

Group F: Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Hungary

Not the worst draw we(Wales) could have got . We would like revenge on Russia for knocking us out of euro 2004 play offs using a drug cheat but were allowed to get away with it. And what better stage to beat England on?

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

Today's draw just shows how overblown the Euro has become. If at least only the best two would advance...

To me this really just feels like extended qualifiers.

I thought the same. The Germany group is just meh. Groups B, D and E are quality. Group A and F are at least interesting. We just got the least interesting group imo. Germany played against Poland inflatuanary over the last 10 years. And games against the Ukraine or Northern Ireland just seem like qualifiers.

I will pretty much enjoy England against Wales. I'm also looking forward how the strong Austrian team will play in group F.

But the most interesting thing will be group D. Spain, the Czech, Turkey and Croatia feels like a Euro 08 memorial group (Euro 08 might be my favourite tournament ever). Who else remembers these amazing games between Turkey and the Czech Republic in the group stage and Turkey against Croatia in the quarter finals 08? This brings back amazing memories. I actually see Spain failing here. They'll just be 3rd in this group (stupidly, this could be enough to get to the next round).

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I like how everyone is saying France should have a cake walk through Group A... I see it differently.

France will win that group, no doubt. But it won't be that easy. Romania and Switzerland aren't bad teams and Albania has actually gotten the better of the French during the qualifying phase, getting a draw in France and winning in Albania. I know that the main stage is different then the qualifying stage, but come on.

Group F has the same feeling. Iceland is becoming a rising threat as of late with a run to the playoff round in the last World Cup qualifying event and Portugal doesn't always play to their best... I could see Iceland winning the group or at least getting 2nd place.

Champions League Round of 16 draw results:

KAA Gent v VfL Wolfsburg

AS Roma v Real Madrid

Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea

Arsenal v Barcelona

Juventus v Bayern München

PSV Eindhoven v Atletico Madrid

Benfica v Zenit St. Petersburg

Dynamo Kyiv v Manchester City

Leicester City 2 : 1 Chelsea

Leicester moves back to the top of the Premier League table. Chelsea remain just one point above the relegation zone.

What kind of topsy-turvy world are we living in? Up is down, black is white, cats and dogs living together!

Let's not forget Watford being just a point off a European place, not to mention the fact that Bournemouth just recorded back to back league wins over Chelsea & Manchester United.

This year's Premier League is absolutely nuts, and I love it.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

It would be great if not at the expense of Chelsea. I'm happy to see last year's championship league clubs doing well. Chelsea is by far the worst performing of the Goliaths, but both Manchester clubs have had their fair share of struggles.

Archived