Alternate Jerseys that should be the main jerseys.

Chewbacca

Cowboys-blue_inside.Thanksgiving.jpg

That Cowboys Navy jersey isn't an alternate, it's the rarely-worn color jersey of the Cowboys.

The sad part of it is, the Cowboys navy look hundred times better than the old boring, "curse-free" white jerseys. I wish the Cowboy organization stop using "bad luck blues" as an excuse, and wear the navy jerseys for at least half of their home games.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

krodbrewers.jpg

I'll never understand the love for these uniforms. Between the color scheme, the logo, and the plain block fonts, it looks like a generic baseball team from a movie. Clearly inferior to the Germanic uniforms.

True, but both of those are vastly superior to the awful current uniforms.

krodbrewers.jpg

I'll never understand the love for these uniforms. Between the color scheme, the logo, and the plain block fonts, it looks like a generic baseball team from a movie. Clearly inferior to the Germanic uniforms.

I can only assume Goth is joking. The current Brewers uniforms are one of the best in MLB.

0432642001426953127_usatodaysportsimages

Proof that if something is old enough, it automatically becomes good. The current Brewers identity is spectacular, while the "Ball in Glove" look is boring, dated and has nothing to do with the teams namesake.

krodbrewers.jpg

I can only assume Goth is joking. The current Brewers uniforms are one of the best in MLB.

0432642001426953127_usatodaysportsimages

Dude give it a rest. Every time I see you commenting in topics like this it pretty much brings down the entire thread.

I say this alt from a while back should be the base for a new set all its own:

sean-taylor-washington-redskins-alternat

Cowboys-blue_inside.Thanksgiving.jpg

That Cowboys Navy jersey isn't an alternate, it's the rarely-worn color jersey of the Cowboys.
The sad part of it is, the Cowboys navy look hundred times better than the old boring, "curse-free" white jerseys. I wish the Cowboy organization stop using "bad luck blues" as an excuse, and wear the navy jerseys for at least half of their home games.
Disagree. My unpopular opinion is the Cowboys home whites (mismatched, green tinted silvers and all) is that they are amongst the most glamorous looks I'm sports. In fact, I can only think of the Lakers home golds as an equal. The Yankee pin stripes are in the conversation, but they lean towards being a tad more "workmanlike/classic" than glamour, much like the Steelers or Bama/Notre Dame. I've seen several fantastic Cowboys concepts with perfectly matched silvers and blues and, while nice, they just fall short of the current look, IMO. The blues would look better if they changed from navy and back towards a royal shade and the original numerals.

FWIW, lifelong Houston guy and never really cared for the Cowboys.

Proof that if something is old enough, it automatically becomes good. The current Brewers identity is spectacular, while the "Ball in Glove" look is boring, dated and has nothing to do with the teams namesake.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Once again, it's OK to disagree but when someone likes a previous look, but dismissing it as "nostalgia" is reflects more on the dismisser than the dismissee.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

For me, the worst part of the current Brewers uniforms is the colors. It's the exact dull switch the St. Louis Rams gave us... exchange an awesome royal blue and bright yellow-gold for a snooze worthy navy and pasty beige-gold. Nasty. For me, I'd rather see the current uniform, in the old colors.

IMO, vegas gold looks like crap in every sport outside of football, because in football you can go metallic with the helmet like Notre Dame. That shade of gold looks like rancid mustard as a matte fabric.

For me, the worst part of the current Brewers uniforms is the colors. It's the exact dull switch the St. Louis Rams gave us... exchange an awesome royal blue and bright yellow-gold for a snooze worthy navy and pasty beige-gold. Nasty. For me, I'd rather see the current uniform, in the old colors.

IMO, vegas gold looks like crap in every sport outside of football, because in football you can go metallic with the helmet like Notre Dame. That shade of gold looks like rancid mustard as a matte fabric.

Normally I would completely agree with a team eliminating vegas gold as it can be a dull color. But for the Brewers, this is the absolutely perfect color since it looks like beer. Off of the top of my head I can not think of another team where the team's color so perfectly captures their teams gimmick. Top to bottom it is so close to being a perfect uniform (at least the white set).

For me, it's everything. The drab colors, the terrible number font, the drop shadows, the wheat underline on the "M," the goofy little underline on the wordmark, their minimal use of "Milwaukee." There really is nothing I like about the set. I don't really love the BiG. So it's not about going back to an old look (in total; I would like 'em to do so with the colors). These uniforms are among the worst in MLB.

Regarding the gold as "the color of beer" I have to admit that this thought never once crossed my mind prior to reading it on this thread. I personally don't think it's the least bit vital that they use a "beer" color. Certainly not if it gets in the way of having an attractive look (which, IMO, it has).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived