Browns Jersey From Practice

Elfman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear to God that looks better than their actual uniforms (especially if those aren't the hideous pants their currently wearing).

I laughed at first then thought about the pants wordmarks, contrasting stitching, upshadowed numbers, jersey wordmark and realized you may be right...

They are just having fun.

According to ESPN Cleveland:

"New practice jerseys: Defensive players sported brown-and-orange camouflage jerseys for winning Pettine’s team competition the day before. They were, um, different. The original idea was to be more of the military green camo, but when we contacted the league about it, they would prefer that we stayed within our team colors, so that’s how that became orange and brown camo,” Pettine said. When reporters joked about the look, Pettine responded, “I’ve seen how some of you in this group dress, so I don’t know if I’m going to be very open to fashion advice. You know who you are, too.” Maybe they’ll look better on the offensive players. The offense won Sunday’s competition when Josh McCown completed a seam pass to tight end Gary Barnidge for a touchdown with the competition on the line."

So the NFL made the Browns use their team colors and not the typical military camouflage colors. Since it seems to be a competition thing, I don't see the issue with these uniforms.

They are just having fun. Who cares about a practice jersey.

According to ESPN Cleveland:

"New practice jerseys: Defensive players sported brown-and-orange camouflage jerseys for winning Pettine’s team competition the day before. They were, um, different. The original idea was to be more of the military green camo, but when we contacted the league about it, they would prefer that we stayed within our team colors, so that’s how that became orange and brown camo,” Pettine said. When reporters joked about the look, Pettine responded, “I’ve seen how some of you in this group dress, so I don’t know if I’m going to be very open to fashion advice. You know who you are, too.” Maybe they’ll look better on the offensive players. The offense won Sunday’s competition when Josh McCown completed a seam pass to tight end Gary Barnidge for a touchdown with the competition on the line."

So the NFL made the Browns use their team colors and not the typical military camouflage colors. Since it seems to be a competition thing, I don't see the issue with these uniforms.

It's not an "issue"... it's just what we do on this site. We see a uniform (practice or otherwise) that looks stupid and/or ugly. Then we come here and talk about how stupid and/or ugly it is. And I don't see what the issue with that is.

We do realize that it's just a matter of time before we see teams wearing that type of jersey in an actual NFL game, right?

"Get out and support your troops with your favorite team's special camouflage jerseys! Most proceeds will be used to fund those currently in the military, veterans and their families. And by 'most' we mean 'somewhere in the range of 10%.'"

Though admittedly, I don't mind these in and of themselves (practice-only) and in Browns colors, but this is a slippery slope if I've ever seen one.

We do realize that it's just a matter of time before we see teams wearing that type of jersey in an actual NFL game, right?

"Get out and support your troops with your favorite team's special camouflage jerseys! Most proceeds will be used to fund those currently in the military, veterans and their families. And by 'most' we mean 'somewhere in the range of 10%.'"

Though admittedly, I don't mind these in and of themselves (practice-only) and in Browns colors, but this is a slippery slope if I've ever seen one.

Geez someone is a bit pessimistic

"Do or do not, there is no try" -Yoda

Geez someone is a bit pessimistic

the saddest part of that is it would probably be true.

I want to hate it.... but I can't.

I can.

It's fine with me if they use this as a practice jersey but in a game? No.

Archived