NFL Field logo

SFCOM1

I was watching the NFL exhibition game between AZ and San Diego last night. I noticed the "50" on the field was painted gold (I had heard of that happening). Also I saw the NFL "Shield" also in the gold scale like on the NFL.com website. Have any other fields shown so far this training camp also showing the gold "Shield" yet. Or was this just in Arizona?

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

All 50 yard marks are in gold this year. The NFL Shields will be as well in respective stadiums.

I saw the 50 yard numerals not gold covered at both Bank of America Stadium and MetLife Stadium. Most stadia have converted already, but it will be mandatory for the regular season.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

All 50 yard marks are in gold this year. The NFL Shields will be as well in respective stadiums.

I saw the 50 yard numerals not gold covered at both Bank of America Stadium and MetLife Stadium. Most stadia have converted already, but it will be mandatory for the regular season.
The 50 yard line at MetLife Stadium is sewn in. It's still easy to simply repaint it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Nobody's mentioned this, but they're gold because this year is Super Bowl 50 ("50", not "L"), which signifies the "golden" anniversary.

It signifies the 50th game. The 50th anniversary of the 1st Super Bowl would be Super Bowl LI.

gYH2mW9.png

• 5 weeks later...

on that topic, could that have been the last game on a baseball diamond? Thats goddamn depressing to me

I don't think the Raiders are moving. It's going to be the Rams.

Rams are almost certainly moving, and I think Chargers are chosen to move with them. However, Raiders still need a new home, and the City of Oakland isn't playing ball. Pains me as a Bay Area Raiders fan, but it's the cruel reality.

on that topic, could that have been the last game on a baseball diamond? Thats goddamn depressing to me

Rams are almost certainly moving, and I think Chargers are chosen to move with them. However, Raiders still need a new home, and the City of Oakland isn't playing ball. Pains me as a Bay Area Raiders fan, but it's the cruel reality.

The city of St.Louis actually has a stadium in place to keep the Rams, out of all three the they are in the best situation....No way the NFL lets them walk away from a new stadium.

The city of St.Louis actually has a stadium in place to keep the Rams, out of all three the they are in the best situation....No way the NFL lets them walk away from a new stadium.

True, but Stan is ready to put shovels in the ground, and has zero interest in the StL proposal. StL and SD have even cancelled their proposals at the next owner meetings, and the financier of the Carson plan has stated they are pulling out if Stan begins building. Far from over, and nothing is official, but it's dark days for all three franchises.

There is a long thread about all the relocation issues here:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102389-nfl-merry-go-round-relocation-roundelay/

For those in phone who want to jump to the current last page:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102389-nfl-merry-go-round-relocation-roundelay/page-294

You'll find the answers to these and other questions there....

Archived