NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell my interest in following the NHL has waned....I didn't keep track of free agency and still don't know which Eastern teams are in which division. I still watch, we'll still make a trek or two to Nashville and possibly St. Louis or Columbus...but damn does relocation turn you off to something you once kept tabs on daily.

My predictions:

East:

Atlantic: Tampa Bay, Montreal, Detroit, Florida**, Boston, Ottawa, Toronto, Buffalo

Metro: NY Rangers, NY Islanders, Washington, Pittsburgh*, Philadelphia, Columbus, Carolina, New Jersey

West:

Central: Minnesota, Chicago, Nashville, St. Louis*, Dallas, Winnipeg, Colorado

Pacific: Anaheim, Los Angeles, Calgary, Vancouver**, Edmonton, San Jose, Arizona

Tampa Bay over NY Islanders, Los Angeles over Chicago

Los Angeles over Tampa Bay

West Predictions

Pacific

1. Anaheim

2. LA

3. Calgary

4. SJ

5. Edmonton

6. Vancouver

7. Phoenix

Central

1. St Louis

2. Chicago

3. Minnesota

4. Nashville WC

5. Dallas WC

6. Winnipeg

7. Colorado

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I'm not sure I agree with people saying "Well Torres was a good player when he wanted to", because it doesn't matter. He's too far past that point and nobody will remember him for his occasional scoring touch.

By all accounts John Wilkes Booth was a good actor when he wanted to, but nobody remembers him for that.

I agree, media only focuses on the negatives.

"As a boy, John Wilkes Booth was athletic and popular, becoming skilled at horsemanship and fencing"

You only hear about the bad things people do :argue:

Well, here goes nothing.

Atlantic

1. Lightning
  2. Montreal
  3. Red Wings
  4. Senators
  5. Panthers
  6. Bruins
  7. Sabres
  8. Maple Leafs

Metropolitan

1. Capitals
  2. Islanders
  3. Rangers
  4. Penguins (WC)
  5. Blue Jackets (WC)
  6. Flyers
  7. Hurricanes
  8. Devils

East Finals: Canadiens over Capitals in 7

Central:

1. Predators
  2. Blackhawks
  3. Blues
  4. Stars (WC)
  5. Jets (WC)
  6. Wild
  7. Avalanche

Pacific:

1. Ducks
  2. Kings
  3. Flames
  4. Sharks
  5. Canucks
  6. Oilers
  7. Coyotes

West Finals: Ducks over Blackhawks

Stanley Cup Finals: Ducks over Canadiens in 6

spacer.png

Not gonna bother doing a whole breakdown that ends in Anaheim winning the Cup, but Florida is going to make the playoffs and St. Louis isn't, s'all I got.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ferland and Dorsett drop the gloves right after the opening faceoff in VAN-CGY.

OLD TIME HOCKEY

Would anyone else be fine with game misconducts for obviously staged fights like this?

OLD TIME HOCKEY

Would anyone else be fine with game misconducts for obviously staged fights like this?

Definitely. The Federal League :censored: was stale 20 years ago. It's embarrassing.

And, proof that there's always something new to see in hockey: I'd never seen a hockey player level a guy by leading with the crown of his helmet before. Dustin Brown, please collect your prize! (from the NHL Department of Player Safety)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Goddamn, I hate you Dustin Brown.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

OLD TIME HOCKEY

Definitely. The Federal League :censored: was stale 20 years ago. It's embarrassing.

I mean, obviously there are going to be legitimate outbursts in the course of a game, so keep fives for stuff like "you are Matt Cooke and just injured my teammate, prepare to die," but give referees the discretion to throw guys out of the game for getting ready to drop gloves before the draw. It's not even good fighting. It's just tiresome.

Oh well, fighting majors go down and down every year anyway.

And, proof that there's always something new to see in hockey: I'd never seen a hockey player level a guy by leading with the crown of his helmet before. Dustin Brown, please collect your prize! (from the NHL Department of Player Safety)

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CQw7a6DWgAEaG3k.mp4

EDIT: Goddamn twitter gifs

Anyways, I'm so glad at how the rest of the league has come around on Dustin Brown.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Anyways, I'm so glad at how the rest of the league has come around on Dustin Brown.

Every time Dustin Brown acts like a crapsack, I'm reminded of oddball's lambasting of Andrew Ladd as the Worst Captain in the League, and my heart warms like it's Christmastime.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Launch Dustin Brown into the sun, please.

GrayHollowCaecilian.gif

I didn't know it was possible to mess up Logan Couture's face any more, but alas:

buqx6Fb.png

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived