NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

Let's hear it for Blake Wheeler having a 78-point season. Here's hoping the Jets get back on track next year; shame to waste a career year on such a bummer of a team.

The Bruins sure have traded away a lot of talented, cost-controlled players.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was honestly looking forward to resting as many players as possible tomorrow... and the division title really doesn't mean anything (other than it'd be the 4th in a row and there'd be another banner)

But... aw, hell. Let's go for it. Go Ducks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

6 hours ago, Magnus said:

Philadelphia clinches the East's 8th seed and a date with DC in the first round by defeating Pittsburgh 3-1 on the strength of Wayne Simmonds' 2 goal performance. Boston is booted out.:lol:

Literally BOOED out... 

2 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

LA chokes against Winnipeg, now the Ducks can win the Pacific with a win in DC vs a probably disinterested Caps team.

Execpt for Holby's chance to break Brodeur's record for most wins in a single season...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

30 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

LA chokes against Winnipeg, now the Ducks can win the Pacific with a win in DC vs a probably disinterested Caps team.

Yea. The Kings totally tanked that game on purpose so they could get the bye Sharts in round 1.

6uXNWAo.png

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Execpt for Holby's chance to break Brodeur's record for most wins in a single season...

Man, I'm conflicted. I don't want to see the Kings win the division, but at the same time, it's always cool to see a record like that broken.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

31 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Dead cap space coming to Detroit! That being said... As much as I hate the wings Datsyuk is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of 2 wings I actually liked (Yzerman being the other) in my 29 years of hating that team.

image.png

Just out of curiosity, any reason you didn't like Lidstrom or Zetterberg, outside of them being Red Wings?

51 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Just out of curiosity, any reason you didn't like Lidstrom or Zetterberg, outside of them being Red Wings?

Lidstrom (yeah a bunch of Norris trophies) never really did it for me. I thought zetterberg had a good chance at being forsberg 2.0 (didn't really happen) for some reasons the last few years (especially in interviews) made me really not like him, which made it really hard to like him as a player.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Let's hear it for Blake Wheeler having a 78-point season. Here's hoping the Jets get back on track next year; shame to waste a career year on such a bummer of a team.

The Bruins sure have traded away a lot of talented, cost-controlled players.

To be fair, Wheeler was an absolute dud here. Probably the most frustrating player to ever watch because he played with zero heart and zero grit; especially for a homeboy who's 6'5". Plus, Bruins got Rich Peverley who was a pretty instrumental piece to the Bruins cup run. Those 3rd and 4th lines for the Bruins in 2011 absolutely owned.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

16 minutes ago, Brass said:

To be fair, Wheeler was an absolute dud here. Probably the most frustrating player to ever watch because he played with zero heart and zero grit; especially for a homeboy who's 6'5". Plus, Bruins got Rich Peverley who was a pretty instrumental piece to the Bruins cup run. Those 3rd and 4th lines for the Bruins in 2011 absolutely owned.

Wheeler is from Minnesota. He played high School hockey at Breck, and won a state title there... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Just now, chcarlson23 said:

Wheeler is from Minnesota. He played high School hockey at Breck, and won a state title there... 

Homeboy =/= person playing for their home team.

At least, not in this context...

what the hell is ccslc?

36 minutes ago, Brass said:

If I remember correctly, the Bruins wanted to get some cap room, so the cost to dump a bigger contract (Stuart) was to include Wheeler.  They got Peverley in return and also the remains of mega-bust, slow-ass Boris Valabik.

2 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

If I remember correctly, the Bruins wanted to get some cap room, so the cost to dump a bigger contract (Stuart) was to include Wheeler.  They got Peverley in return and also the remains of mega-bust, slow-ass Boris Valabik.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

In the office, there was a collective "We found some fool that wanted him?" remark....

To be fair, of the 2004 Atlanta Thrashers draft choices, they played a combined 82 games; 80 of which were played by Boris Valabik. Yikes.

what the hell is ccslc?

Fun Fact of the Day for you: Yesterday was the last day the the Canadien National Anthem will be played at an NHL event until next season... 

Archived