the admiral

NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

Let's hear it for Blake Wheeler having a 78-point season. Here's hoping the Jets get back on track next year; shame to waste a career year on such a bummer of a team.

The Bruins sure have traded away a lot of talented, cost-controlled players.

LA chokes against Winnipeg, now the Ducks can win the Pacific with a win in DC vs a probably disinterested Caps team.

I was honestly looking forward to resting as many players as possible tomorrow... and the division title really doesn't mean anything (other than it'd be the 4th in a row and there'd be another banner)

But... aw, hell. Let's go for it. Go Ducks.

6 hours ago, Magnus said:

Philadelphia clinches the East's 8th seed and a date with DC in the first round by defeating Pittsburgh 3-1 on the strength of Wayne Simmonds' 2 goal performance. Boston is booted out.:lol:

Literally BOOED out... 

2 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

LA chokes against Winnipeg, now the Ducks can win the Pacific with a win in DC vs a probably disinterested Caps team.

Execpt for Holby's chance to break Brodeur's record for most wins in a single season...

30 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Yea. The Kings totally tanked that game on purpose so they could get the bye Sharts in round 1.

7 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Execpt for Holby's chance to break Brodeur's record for most wins in a single season...

Man, I'm conflicted. I don't want to see the Kings win the division, but at the same time, it's always cool to see a record like that broken.

Dead cap space coming to Detroit! That being said... As much as I hate the wings Datsyuk is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of 2 wings I actually liked (Yzerman being the other) in my 29 years of hating that team.

image.png

31 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Dead cap space coming to Detroit! That being said... As much as I hate the wings Datsyuk is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of 2 wings I actually liked (Yzerman being the other) in my 29 years of hating that team.

image.png

Just out of curiosity, any reason you didn't like Lidstrom or Zetterberg, outside of them being Red Wings?

I heard the rumor on the radio over the last couple of days, but it's actually confirmed before the Wings' season is over... wow.

51 minutes ago, Shumway said:

Just out of curiosity, any reason you didn't like Lidstrom or Zetterberg, outside of them being Red Wings?

Lidstrom (yeah a bunch of Norris trophies) never really did it for me. I thought zetterberg had a good chance at being forsberg 2.0 (didn't really happen) for some reasons the last few years (especially in interviews) made me really not like him, which made it really hard to like him as a player.

11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Let's hear it for Blake Wheeler having a 78-point season. Here's hoping the Jets get back on track next year; shame to waste a career year on such a bummer of a team.

The Bruins sure have traded away a lot of talented, cost-controlled players.

To be fair, Wheeler was an absolute dud here. Probably the most frustrating player to ever watch because he played with zero heart and zero grit; especially for a homeboy who's 6'5". Plus, Bruins got Rich Peverley who was a pretty instrumental piece to the Bruins cup run. Those 3rd and 4th lines for the Bruins in 2011 absolutely owned.

16 minutes ago, Brass said:

To be fair, Wheeler was an absolute dud here. Probably the most frustrating player to ever watch because he played with zero heart and zero grit; especially for a homeboy who's 6'5". Plus, Bruins got Rich Peverley who was a pretty instrumental piece to the Bruins cup run. Those 3rd and 4th lines for the Bruins in 2011 absolutely owned.

Wheeler is from Minnesota. He played high School hockey at Breck, and won a state title there... 

Just now, chcarlson23 said:

Wheeler is from Minnesota. He played high School hockey at Breck, and won a state title there... 

Homeboy =/= person playing for their home team.

At least, not in this context...

36 minutes ago, Brass said:

If I remember correctly, the Bruins wanted to get some cap room, so the cost to dump a bigger contract (Stuart) was to include Wheeler.  They got Peverley in return and also the remains of mega-bust, slow-ass Boris Valabik.

2 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

If I remember correctly, the Bruins wanted to get some cap room, so the cost to dump a bigger contract (Stuart) was to include Wheeler.  They got Peverley in return and also the remains of mega-bust, slow-ass Boris Valabik.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

In the office, there was a collective "We found some fool that wanted him?" remark....

To be fair, of the 2004 Atlanta Thrashers draft choices, they played a combined 82 games; 80 of which were played by Boris Valabik. Yikes.

1 hour ago, Brass said:

To be fair, of the 2004 Atlanta Thrashers draft choices, they played a combined 82 games; 80 of which were played by Boris Valabik. Yikes.

A real "who's who of who's that?"

So I started a Bracket Challenge for the forums here. If you join, make your bracket name your username.

League name : CCLSC

Password: purple

Fun Fact of the Day for you: Yesterday was the last day the the Canadien National Anthem will be played at an NHL event until next season...