Cleveland Browns Brown Uniform

Elfman

It's usually considered good form to give a little context, not just a link.

What does the article say, before we click over to it? More importantly, what do you think about it?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So judging from what I've seen today Nike must not have planned for the Browns to play night games. I'm not having problems reading numbers when it's sunny. When it's raining cats and dogs in November it will be a different story.

What little I saw in highlights, I couldn't tell one player from another. I was surprised at how difficult it was.

It's where I sit.

It's usually considered good form to give a little context, not just a link.

What does the article say, before we click over to it? More importantly, what do you think about it?

This. I tried opening this link on my phone, and I couldn't get to the story. Just a page where Yahoo desperately tried to push one of their apps on me.

The long and short of it? The Browns' new look sucks and they are rightfully being ridiculed for it on social media.

This is the rare case where the unis actually look worse on the field than in pictures. The orange stuck out like a sore thumb and the orange numbers were way too much. These are much worse than I initially thought.

This is why untouchable looks are untouchable.

spacer.png

1fd55eabf83a40368d1bc06d3dfbe7e7-6dbd7b4

i didn't watch much pre-season so this was the first day i got to take in game action of the new uniforms. i could go on for paragraphs as to why, but the short story is i like these uniforms far less than i did at unveil and i think they are a far poorer design than i previously thought as well. a lot of people wanted them to bring back orange pants; you were wrong for that.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Orange pants with full Braisher stripes and not these truncated things might have been an improvement. And maybe in the original shade. But this? Yikes.

Pairing them with orange socks is another mistake. I really don't understand how anybody thinks that's ever a good idea.

I can deal with the :censored:ty pants stripe if they made these two simple changes.

21407698131_257d2a2ef5_b.jpg

thats an improvement. you just cant use bright, warm colors as much as they have, it is far too intense and cheap looking.

the jersey stripe bothers me the most and i cant quite pinpoint why. i think mainly it is too long. the stripe is the primary element on the jersey where the number should always be. even with uniforms with large blocks of color or stripes, they dont over power the number and i think thats whats happening here.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It could be that the bottom stripe is truncated at an awkward angle to signify how the team is lagging behind the rest of the NFL, and also the fact that the stripes otherwise just end abruptly, signifying how the team always comes up short of expectations.. The stripe should just continue to the collar like the Seahawks'.. If they're going for an extended stripe look, let Seattle be the team with the single solid stripe that curves down on the sleeve and disappears as it reaches the bottom, and Cleveland can be the team with the triple stripe that continues to wrap to the back of the sleeve where it ends at the normal location.. It would still be a distinct enough look that wouldn't be copying the Seahawks, considering how close they are now, they might as well go all out so it looks decent.. Although the only decent option is to go on a 5-year hiatus, then return to the previous set

I can deal with the :censored:ty pants stripe if they made these two simple changes.

That's the only change I would make about the current Browns set. All Cleveland needs to do is stick to a conventional pants/socks pairing, get white numbers on the home uniform and we're fine.

EDIT: They should've had striped socks, in all honesty because they're clearly trying to make stripes their identity, so it seems weird that they don't have socks to account for it.

bSLCtu2.png

1fd55eabf83a40368d1bc06d3dfbe7e7-6dbd7b4

i didn't watch much pre-season so this was the first day i got to take in game action of the new uniforms. i could go on for paragraphs as to why, but the short story is i like these uniforms far less than i did at unveil and i think they are a far poorer design than i previously thought as well. a lot of people wanted them to bring back orange pants; you were wrong for that.

Orange pants don't have to be ugly.

tumblr_njoo1jvcY41ren1y6o1_500.jpg

91FEAl29-IL._SY450_.jpg

That's the only change I would make about the current Browns set. All Cleveland needs to do is stick to a conventional pants/socks pairing, get white numbers on the home uniform and we're fine.

EDIT: They should've had striped socks, in all honesty because they're clearly trying to make stripes their identity, so it seems weird that they don't have socks to account for it.

Maybe that's why I actually kinda like the extended stripes on the uniforms (in an updated-look kind-of-way), but they should extend it all the way to the collar or or shorten it or near on the shoulder caps/sleeves. The only 2 things about this set I absolutely detest are the #BrownsDownTheLeg and orange numbers on the brown uniforms (and possibly the white). The "CLEVELAND" isn't a bad idea IMO but could be shrunk, I wouldn't mind the upshadow if the orange and [insert brown or white here] were reversed and a consistent stripe were placed on the socks--orange/white/orange on brown and brown/white/brown on orange. I personally love the deeper shade of orange and the helmet (take or leave the texture) is an improvement.

Also, while most uniform changes seem to look better--albeit marginally in many cases--when seen in action, these Browns duds with the aforementioned flaws work the other way around and have looked worse in action.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I think this is the best Cleveland has ever looked. Bold, unique and colorful. This is one of the best NFL unis for me. And no this does NOT include any sarcasm.

We're going to have you sit in the Quiet Room for 15 or 20 minutes, and then take you for further evaluation.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived