MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

Frankly, that blue should be their primary color, with some combination of orange, yellow, and black as secondary or trim colors. At least at home, I'd deck them out in blue hats, undershirts, and socks, with a primarily blue wordmark. Basically swap out the existing black for that amazing (and unique) shade of blue.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VikWings said:

I love the Marlins light blue color and the red-orange hat. But I still hate their logo/wordmark and emphasis on black.

They should be teal/cyan/light blue/whatever and red-orange with black trim. They can keep the black alternate if they must and even wear the black hat on the road if they want but the other colors need to be emphasized more and the home caps should be either the orange or blue with the other being a Sunday/day game alt or something.

The blue "boyz ii men" jersey is beautiful.

Bqrx8kVCIAAdYpw.jpg

I love the blue alts I wish they wore them. I have a friend who works at the stadium and he told me that the fish were going to unveil them as a one off alt to test interest in them. But then the idea was scrapped, my friend even saw the jerseys. 

They gave out blue jerseys as a promo, like a soccer jersey style. They were also sold in the team store. 

I've always been a proponent that the fish should drop black, emphasize Orange and Light Blue (maybe even make it more teal-ish), and simplify the word mark. 

the green walls need to :censored:ing go as well lol

True2OB.png

41 minutes ago, FooMasterX5 said:

I love the blue alts I wish they wore them. I have a friend who works at the stadium and he told me that the fish were going to unveil them as a one off alt to test interest in them. But then the idea was scrapped, my friend even saw the jerseys. 

They gave out blue jerseys as a promo, like a soccer jersey style. They were also sold in the team store. 

I've always been a proponent that the fish should drop black, emphasize Orange and Light Blue (maybe even make it more teal-ish), and simplify the word mark. 

the green walls need to :censored:ing go as well lol

Completely agree.  That blue jersey would be a great addition.  I also have always wondered what the deal was with the green walls.  Has the organization ever commented on that?

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

33 minutes ago, mightyduck said:

Completely agree.  That blue jersey would be a great addition.  I also have always wondered what the deal was with the green walls.  Has the organization ever commented on that?

Not sure why they picked that awful color for the walls, they never have said anything official that I know of. 

They have a rainbow effect going around the stadium, sections split into red, yellow, blue and I guess to complete it they went with green walls. There is green else where in art work and decoration. 

True2OB.png

2 minutes ago, FooMasterX5 said:

Always loved that wordmark. Looks fantastic! 

Unpopular opinion, but I actually miss that set.  I kinda wish they would wear the blue alternate from that set, along with the green billed hat instead.  Either way, it will be cool to see this again.

10 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I have an original Brewers cap from that era (the one with the green brim) and it remains as one of my favorites. This was made my Sports Specialties at the time before New Era ended up exclusive rights. 

I've been trying to find either the home or road version of those hats in a 5959 low crown or 3930 for a long time with no luck.  I've only found 1 3930 that was not in team colors so I don't want that one.

I've been trying to find either the home or road version of those hats in a 5959 low crown or 3930 for a long time with no luck.  I've only found 1 3930 that was not in team colors so I don't want that one.

You're in luck:

http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-2016-Turn-Back-The-Clock-Low-Profile-59FIFTY-Cap/20862675

But why are they using that set instead of the vastly superior one that followed it?  You know, after they fixed the couple flaws?

16 hours ago, VikWings said:

I love the Marlins light blue color and the red-orange hat. But I still hate their logo/wordmark and emphasis on black.

They should be teal/cyan/light blue/whatever and red-orange with black trim. They can keep the black alternate if they must and even wear the black hat on the road if they want but the other colors need to be emphasized more and the home caps should be either the orange or blue with the other being a Sunday/day game alt or something.

Bqrx8kVCIAAdYpw.jpg

I know some people hate multiple alternates but I'd be perfectly fine with.

Orange Hat/undershirts at home.

Black Hat/undershirts on road.

Black Alt (Road Only, pitchers choice/whatever)

Blue Hat/Alt/Undershirts (Sundays at home)

Orange Alt (Day games/Fridays/whatever)

They could even occassionally whip the blue stuff with the white jerseys if they want.

If I had to get rid of one I'd get rid of the black alternate of course, but even in the little fantasy island I was just living on I was trying not to be too naive.

I like the black alts for Friday, blue for Saturday, and orange for Sundays. I would also like to see them brighten the blue just tad, and maybe add a bit more red to the orange so they won't look too much like the Mets.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

You're in luck:

http://shop.neweracap.com/style/MLB-2016-Turn-Back-The-Clock-Low-Profile-59FIFTY-Cap/20862675

But why are they using that set instead of the vastly superior one that followed it?  You know, after they fixed the couple flaws?

The single "M" hats were really nice.  I liked the gold M (road) but the home was pretty nice too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

You're in luck:

Wow.  Thanks!  Guess I'm ordering one this weekend.  And what flaws are you talking about?  I know this hat screams '90s and isn't great, but I actually never cared for the hat that followed the MB one.  It just seemed too plain and boring to me. 

7 hours ago, FooMasterX5 said:

Not sure why they picked that awful color for the walls, they never have said anything official that I know of. 

They have a rainbow effect going around the stadium, sections split into red, yellow, blue and I guess to complete it they went with green walls. There is green else where in art work and decoration. 

Just a wild guess, but it could have something to do with a plan to digitally add wall art for tv games.. The walls are a unique color to baseball, so you wouldn't run the risk of collecting elements of the A's uniform in with the wall and accidentally put digital artwork on the shortstop or something...

Another random guess.. Most baseball walls are green, but the dark "forest" green commonly used isn't "Miami" enough, so they went with a brighter, more electric green....

2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Wow.  Thanks!  Guess I'm ordering one this weekend.  And what flaws are you talking about?  I know this hat screams '90s and isn't great, but I actually never cared for the hat that followed the MB one.  It just seemed too plain and boring to me. 

The "MB" was illegible at any distance greater than about three feet, which is why they quickly changed the gold blob to the cleaner (and far superior) white "M". 

1081-309Fr.jpg

Not to mention that the 1994 set has rather pedestrian thin piping like countless other teams, while the 1997 tweak replaced it with thick, bold navy piping that was both traditional and unique in the majors. 

jeff-cirillo-of-the-milwaukee-brewers-fi

7 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Look what's getting dusted off for '90s night at Miller Park Saturday...

img_8596-edit.jpg?w=555&h=370

Based on new merch at Fanatics, the Pirates will counter by wearing the 1997 gray pinstripes, with script Pittsburgh.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/29/2016 at 11:18 AM, VikWings said:

Bqrx8kVCIAAdYpw.jpg

I know some people hate multiple alternates but I'd be perfectly fine with.

Orange Hat/undershirts at home.

Black Hat/undershirts on road.

Black Alt (Road Only, pitchers choice/whatever)

Blue Hat/Alt/Undershirts (Sundays at home)

Orange Alt (Day games/Fridays/whatever)

They could even occassionally whip the blue stuff with the white jerseys if they want.

If I had to get rid of one I'd get rid of the black alternate of course, but even in the little fantasy island I was just living on I was trying not to be too naive.

That blue and orange would be the perfect colors for Miami.

IxkieML.png

Archived