MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

The Brewers throwbacks last night weren't even correct. There was no sleeve patch, and the coloring of the lettering looked a bit off as well.  Pittsburgh looked great in the pinstripes though.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mjd77 said:

The Brewers throwbacks last night weren't even correct. There was no sleeve patch, and the coloring of the lettering looked a bit off as well.  Pittsburgh looked great in the pinstripes though.

Brewers didn't have a sleeve patch in 1995.  They had a team anniversary in 1994 and a city anniversary in 1996.  But no regular emblem on the sleeves.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Am I the only one who can't stand the fact that the Mariners navy alternates shade doesn't seem to match their caps? I was totally bugged by these at PNC in Pittsburgh last week and it doesn't look any better on ESPN tonight... They look like the Cubbies did wearing their alts before switching to light royal hats.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Their mismatched teal has bugged me in the past. One of those colors that's hard to match across fabrics.  But navy?  Don't recall that - have you a pic?

Best I could find at the moment. Their caps are midnight navy so they should wear the same shade of jerseys as Cleveland but it seems like they've got light navy jerseys like Milwaukee...

Yeah the navy jerseys are bad. They use the midnight navy on the caps, but it's like they're using the lighter, more purplish navy the Indians used to use on the jerseys. The mismatch looks really awful. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the mismatched shades of navy. It looks horrendous.

The sad thing is that particular alternate jersey used to be a darker shade which did match the caps, beautifully I might add.

16 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Am I the only one who can't stand the fact that the Mariners navy alternates shade doesn't seem to match their caps? I was totally bugged by these at PNC in Pittsburgh last week and it doesn't look any better on ESPN tonight... They look like the Cubbies did wearing their alts before switching to light royal hats.

Glad that I'm not the only one who was thinking this!

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

5 hours ago, AkSaber said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the mismatched shades of navy. It looks horrendous.

The sad thing is that particular alternate jersey used to be a darker shade which did match the caps, beautifully I might add.

Bothers me as well and the fact its the only jersey with the unique lettering.  So much for brand synergy

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

The only thing I've heard the Marlins say on the green walls is that they wanted it our ballpark to be instantly recognizable on TV. Not like the view of the whole ballpark which is obvious but like if you're watching sports highlights and they show a good defensive play from Marlins Park that you see the background and instantly know it's Miami. In my opinion, and yes I'm a Marlins fan, I like the green walls. You have to see them in person to see that they're not fluorescent, they're not as bright as a "green screen", they're just a lighter green. Once I saw them in person I loved them and now it looks fine to me on TV.

1 hour ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

The only thing I've heard the Marlins say on the green walls is that they wanted it our ballpark to be instantly recognizable on TV. Not like the view of the whole ballpark which is obvious but like if you're watching sports highlights and they show a good defensive play from Marlins Park that you see the background and instantly know it's Miami. In my opinion, and yes I'm a Marlins fan, I like the green walls. You have to see them in person to see that they're not fluorescent, they're not as bright as a "green screen", they're just a lighter green. Once I saw them in person I loved them and now it looks fine to me on TV.

The green walls actually make sense when you visit there.  The stadium has 4 parking garages and 4 quadrants so you know where to exit when your by your garage. 

You'll note that the outfield is generally near the green garage on the map, and stadium theming and coloring wraps around the concourse from green to red to blue to yellow.

SPOILER FOR PHOTOS

Spoiler

mia-access-lots_900x728.jpg

Spoiler

cimg1953.jpg

Spoiler

DSCF0129-e1339463398518.jpg

Spoiler

marlins-park-23.jpg

Certain places also transition from one color to another...

Spoiler

27262821836_95fd747f9b_b.jpg

I've been to over ten games at Marlins Park while in Miami and I honestly can't get used to the flashy green walls and the horrendous "thing" in center field. I brought some friends who don't know :censored: about baseball a couple months ago and the first thing they told me is that this place looks more like a colorful flying saucer than a baseball stadium which is pretty accurate. This is Jeffrey Loria's publicly funded toy and he's most probably the worst douchebag in baseball so you can't really expect anything better...

54 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I've been to over ten games at Marlins Park while in Miami and I honestly can't get used to the flashy green walls and the horrendous "thing" in center field. I brought some friends who don't know :censored: about baseball a couple months ago and the first thing they told me is that this place looks more like a colorful flying saucer than a baseball stadium which is pretty accurate. This is Jeffrey Loria's publicly funded toy and he's most probably the worst douchebag in baseball so you can't really expect anything better...

The walls would look so much better in that light blue color they used for the Boyz II Men fashion jerseys

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

6 hours ago, jp1409 said:

MarlinPark.jpg

What's so flashy about the wall? Because it's brighter than the typical dark, dull green? I think it looks fun and unique. Fits with the bright colors of their uniform. The center field thing is a bit much.

3 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Are the roof always closed ? When watching games on tv, I never see any sunshine on the field ! 

Archived