MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oakland striped socks relates to the issues I have with the Pirates' late 70's early 80's throwbacks they're wearing this year.  I saw some of the game yesterday and there were players wearing black striped socks.  When those uniforms were worn they were usually worn with yellow stirrups, not black and there were no stripe on the socks to be seen.  I have a similar issue with James Loney when the Mets wear their 86 throwbacks in that he wears stirrups (which i like) with orange sanitary socks.  The Mets have never worn orange sanitaries ever and it looks so wrong.

3 hours ago, tp49 said:

The Oakland striped socks relates to the issues I have with the Pirates' late 70's early 80's throwbacks they're wearing this year.  I saw some of the game yesterday and there were players wearing black striped socks.  When those uniforms were worn they were usually worn with yellow stirrups, not black and there were no stripe on the socks to be seen.  I have a similar issue with James Loney when the Mets wear their 86 throwbacks in that he wears stirrups (which i like) with orange sanitary socks.  The Mets have never worn orange sanitaries ever and it looks so wrong.

I blame Paul Lucas' stirrup fetish for this.

Just now, coco1997 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but does anyone have a resource for photos of unusual MLB stirrups worn during the '70s?

What do you mean by "unusual"?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

What do you mean by "unusual"?

I saw a photo of an Astros player who had the tequila sunrise stripes on his stirrups which I knew weren't 'standard issue' for players at the time. That's what I meant by "unusual" or one-of-a-kind.

Got it.  Can't say I remember those . . . and I lived through the 70s.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

7 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Everyone has their fav padres look

mine are these

image.jpeg

The helmet with the old SD colored in orange...I'm guessing that was a one-year thing.

I've said it many times...the late 80s brown and orange set is my favorite Padres look.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I turned on the Mets radio pregame show late, but they were interviewing a DBack (probably Chip Hale) and he said they were probably going to tweak their jerseys to make the names and/or numbers more legible. Not sure if this is old news or not.

4 hours ago, cmm said:

I turned on the Mets radio pregame show late, but they were interviewing a DBack (probably Chip Hale) and he said they were probably going to tweak their jerseys to make the names and/or numbers more legible. Not sure if this is old news or not.

That's not the only thing that needs "tweaking".

On 8/9/2016 at 0:34 PM, Brandon9485 said:

Generational statement and overplayed topic on this site, but seriously the best the Padres have ever looked. 

image.jpeg

Completely agree with you.  That was my "little league" team back in '96.  I think I'm biased to them because of that.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

On 8/10/2016 at 7:40 PM, cmm said:

If, by "tweak their jerseys to make the names and/or numbers more legible", they mean "throw the whole thing out and start over", I'm all for it.  Otherwise, it's just lipstick on a pig.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, cmm said:

I hope the black, red, and teal stay.  Something about that combo looks good.  The execution is where it strays.

Archived