MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

(Hey, look at the letters in Rutledge's name.  Are those black letters which are just catching some light?  Or are the names on the back purple, also?  I'm not sure I like that. Also, maybe I'm going nuts, but is seems that the brim of his cap is purple, while the other players have solid black caps.)

The rockies road jersey has purple numbers and names outlined in black, so yes, Rutledge and everyone else's name and numbers (front and back) are in purple. The brim of the Rockies road cap is purple and it looks like that is the case in this photo but I believe they have worn the primary all black cap on the road as well.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lack of purple in their black alt is disturbing.

CqWCBJzVMAAAbn4.jpg

CqWF-d6VUAAr2BC.jpg

They should make the inside of the letters and number purple w/ silver trim like the letters on the cap, and/or make the entire trim on the sleeves purple. Add the purple alt cap to the set and they'll be good to go.

May I add those matte helmets look great:

CqgCDBLXgAAr4Qu.jpg

545165156.jpg?w=799

18 minutes ago, insert name said:

HOLD THE PHONE! Rockies vest uniform is not terrible!

hi-res-143692423_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=

Heck, I'm open for them to bring back the white vest jersey.
CarGo.jpg

The white vest is OK -- though it should be cut as an actual vest and not a sleeveless jersey, and the front number should be way lower.  While that monogram has plenty wrong with it (it's just Times New Roman; and "location + nickname" is no basis for a monogram), it nevertheless looks good on the front of the jersey.

But a black vest with black undershirts?  That is just ridiculous -- in addition, of course, to the point that any coloured jersey is bad (if you're not the Oakland A's wearing jerseys of yellow or Kelly green).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Up until the last couple years the Reds red jersey was strictly a Sunday day game jersey, then they started wearing it for all home day games, and then just in the last few weeks they've worn it a few times for random home night games. Tonight one of the Reds beat writers explained it's because Dan Straily requested to wear the red jersey when he pitches at home. So we're one of those teams now. Great. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

In the Crayola crayon world, the Rockies' purple is not the regular purple crayon, it's not even close. It's the blue-violet crayon. I love the color as the regular purple leans way too close to pink for my tastes but it definitely is very blue-ish and comes off blue in many instances. It wouldn't surprise me if some people thought they used blue as a color too. Actually some might say their purple is too dark and close to black as well. So it makes you wonder how the Rockies would look if their shade of purple was changed.

Oh, since we're talking about the Rockies... am I the only one who notices a purple hue in videos from Coors Field? Why is this? How is this possible? Is there a reason behind this? Am I crazy and this doesn't exist? Everytime I see images at Coors Field especially on the white jerseys, I swear there's a purple tint on everything, best illustrated by still images from videos. I know it doesn't show up on high quality photographs but check these screengrabs out. It's striking since obviously purple is there color. It's not like its a random yellow or blue tint, it's specifically purple....

Anderson looks to end 3-start winless run vs. CrewDe La Rosa keeps up momentum in strong 8 IP

Arenado proving he can hit anywhere, anytime

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

as some people have pointed out that the phillies uni's look pink from a distance due to the red pinstripes, it could possibly have something to do with the rockies' purple pinstripes.. it's definitely a bit odd looking though

Seems different than the pinstripe problem though. The Phillies pink problem is from a distance, this is happening up close. It's the shadows on the jerseys that look purple, instead of black or a grayish tone. Here's a pic of the Phillies uniforms up close at Citizen's Bank and you can clearly see the red pinstripes but the shadows are still a grayish black and not a red or pink.

Hellickson puts back issue behind him vs. Cards

Archived