College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Like the new unis but am beginning to wonder if the problems with the new VICIS helmets has reduced the amount of helmet options they have.

I'm suspecting this as well. I still anticipate them using the satin green and glitter white helmets this season, especially considering the latter has been worn throughout fall practices, but I wouldn't be shocked if those were the only helmets in rotation. Or atleast until later in the season until they've had time to either restock on past helmets or get some new options altogether.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Full Oregon uniform for this week:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gotta say I'm a big fan of these, with the exception of maybe the helmet, but I'm hoping the wing print on this jersey is the basis for the majority of their new set.

I don't think the internet is breaking any time soon, but these are nice. The best part about these is that the wing pattern is stitched into the uniform, and not just some sort of awful plastic garbage thrown on top that looks awful in live game action. I don't mind the black at all, I'd consider it essentially an unofficial 4th oregon color at this point. Now if it had been gray, that would've been another story.

I'm hoping that Oregon wears a white/apple green version of this uni at Nerbaska week 3. that will be a good looking matchup.

I'm also curious as to where on the jersey the wing pattern stops on the back and how. Does it fade? Does it stop at the seam? Also, i wonder if they'll go with a yellow nameplate in the middle of the pattern or if they'll just stitch the name right onto the jersey so as not to interrupt the wing pattern.

41 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I'm hoping that Oregon wears a white/apple green version of this uni at Nerbaska week 3. that will be a good looking matchup.

I'm also curious as to where on the jersey the wing pattern stops on the back and how. Does it fade? Does it stop at the seam? Also, i wonder if they'll go with a yellow nameplate in the middle of the pattern or if they'll just stitch the name right onto the jersey so as not to interrupt the wing pattern.

I'm hoping they wear a white and green version of this uniform as well. They have white and green cleats that have the new wing pattern on them so I'm hopeful that's a sign that they will indeed have a road version. And to answer your question about the nameplate and the back of the jersey, here you go:

image.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The more I've seen of the new helmet, the more I've fallen in love with the satin finish for them. It was such a small but effective change.

To add on - I'm not sure I've seen a satin helmet I didn't like.  It's a really cool helmet finish.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm hoping they wear a white and green version of this uniform as well. They have white and green cleats that have the new wing pattern on them so I'm hopeful that's a sign that they will indeed have a road version. And to answer your question about the nameplate and the back of the jersey, here you go:

image.jpeg

I hope Virginia goes BBW for this game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

23 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

With college ball back in session and Ole Miss on my television, here's your reminder that they should permanently switch to the powder blue lids. Navy just pales in comparison.

Agree 100%. The combination they're wearing tonight would look beautiful with the powder blue lids IMO, even if the pants wouldn't follow the throwback theme of the helmets.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived