College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

Flashy uniforms are apart of HBCU culture, one. Two, traditional can be nice as well however that font on Delaware is beyond atrocious, also they are a copycat look wise. 

And yes there are PWI with flashy uniforms and HBCUs like Hampton and South Carolina State who are mostly traditional.

I don't want everyone to agree just respect my opinion just as I respect yours in relation to uniforms. Simple. 

This is supposed to be an open discussion versus a half wit diatribe about why one taste is better than the other.

In essence bro

Chill out

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Flashy uniforms are apart of HBCU culture, one. Two, traditional can be nice as well however that font on Delaware is beyond atrocious, also they are a copycat look wise. 

And yes there are PWI with flashy uniforms and HBCUs like Hampton and South Carolina State who are mostly traditional.

I don't want everyone to agree just respect my opinion just as I respect yours in relation to uniforms. Simple. 

This is supposed to be an open discussion versus a half wit diatribe about why one taste is better than the other.

In essence bro

Chill out

Are you replying to my post about Brown? Because... you know that Brown is an Ivy League school, not a HBCU right?

This first picture is of Brown's uniforms from 2015. Notice that they are brown, and incorporate the school's secondary color; red. Great shoulder stripes, silver pants, and a silver helmet with the logo. Really a perfect looking uniform set.

OldBrown.PNG

Now here are the new Brown uniforms for 2016. True they still have brown in them, but look at this mess! I don't need to tell you wants wrong with it.

NewBrown.PNG

3 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Howard vs Maryland. Howard's look is interesting but feels incomplete and Maryland looks awesome

usa-today-9515929.0.jpg

9516038-howard-bisons-ncaa-football-howard-maryland-768x511.jpg

I'm starting to think that number color rules only apply to FBS teams. These would be near invisible from the press box.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

This first picture is of Brown's uniforms from 2015. Notice that they are brown, and incorporate the school's secondary color; red. Great shoulder stripes, silver pants, and a silver helmet with the logo. Really a perfect looking uniform set.

OldBrown.PNG

Now here are the new Brown uniforms for 2016. True they still have brown in them, but look at this mess! I don't need to tell you wants wrong with it.

NewBrown.PNG

Just horrible.  Swap black with brown and brown with red these would improve big time. Does the away uniform have black too?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Haven't seen this posted and I've also seen like five different logos, but this is the official Shamrock Series logo for Notre Dame hosting Army at the Alamodome. I got my tickets for the game last week. Might need to buy a high end camera to get some good pics of Notre Dame's uniforms though. I'll be up at the North End of the stadium in the upper deck. 

shamrock series san antonio.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, Hamptonlantavegas said:

Howard vs Maryland. Howard's look is interesting but feels incomplete and Maryland looks awesome

usa-today-9515929.0.jpg

Those are so close to being perfect to me. Simply use a more basic, block numeral font in white without outlines (since outlines don't exist anywhere else in the motif) and it would be great. Lots going on so simplifying where possible improves immensely.

2 hours ago, Botiger said:

Because the university got its name from a person and not a color?

This conversation reminds me of a school in our conference back when I was in high school. They were the Green Forest Tigers and yet their school colors were red and white. It always blew my mind that they missed on such obvious color choices. 

16 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

This conversation reminds me of a school in our conference back when I was in high school. They were the Green Forest Tigers and yet their school colors were red and white. It always blew my mind that they missed on such obvious color choices. 

Maybe they thought it was too obvious or something. Also makes me think of Bowling Green who have school colors of orange and brown. The difference between Brown and those schools of course is that brown is actually one of their colors and brown and black is an unholy combo you'd think Ivy League types would know better than to use.

58 minutes ago, razorback447 said:

My alma mater, Hazel Green High in north Alabama, was the Trojans and wore red and white (and of course black). We were apparently once "The Greenies" in the 1930s and had an elf mascot. But thanks to the all powerful USC being good at the time, the students voted to switch to the Trojans. At least that's how the story goes.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived