College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, gbr_newbie said:

Hello, new guy here with a question:

Does anyone know what the font name is for the Ole Miss/LSU football uniforms?

Thanks to all!

IT doesn't have a name per se and I don't know if it's available in the Nike catalog either. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From http://www.azfamily.com/story/33050265/uniformity-week-2-new-decals-and-a-slick-combo-for-the-sun-devils :

11758485_G.jpg

ASU going W/B/W against Texas Tech on Saturday. First time with black oversized pitchfork on white helmet. Yes, there are numerals on the other side of the helmet.

This is surprisingly one of my favorite "non-traditional" color combos. Wore it last against Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl back in 2012.

Image result for asu kraft fight hunger bowl

10 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

I hate it when a team wears a black alt uniform against a team whose primary uniform is black.

Wasn't someone playing Army (or one of the academies) this year and wearing drab green uniforms that look like fatigues?  Maybe I'm imaging that, but I swore someone was wearing some pseudo-military outfit against an actual military school.  Nothing says "Go Team" like dressing up like the other team.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Just now, pianoknight said:

Wasn't someone playing Army (or one of the academies) this year and wearing like drab green uniforms that look like fatigues?  Maybe I'm imaging that, but nothing says "Go Team" like dressing up like the other team.

I believe Notre Dame is wearing an ugly olive green alt when they play Army this year

3 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

My alma mater, Hazel Green High in north Alabama, was the Trojans and wore red and white (and of course black). We were apparently once "The Greenies" in the 1930s and had an elf mascot. But thanks to the all powerful USC being good at the time, the students voted to switch to the Trojans. At least that's how the story goes.

My mother is a Hazel Green alum and her and all her friends refer to HG as the Greenies. Trojans works pretty well.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

5 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

thankfully this template is not in the FBS (as far as i know)

too many FCS school using this, i would get tired of seeing this every saturday

Cr37AOEUAAU0Frn.jpg

If all these teams took Bethune Cookman'slead they wouldn't color these in.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, goDEVILS said:

From http://www.azfamily.com/story/33050265/uniformity-week-2-new-decals-and-a-slick-combo-for-the-sun-devils :

11758485_G.jpg

ASU going W/B/W against Texas Tech on Saturday. First time with black oversized pitchfork on white helmet. Yes, there are numerals on the other side of the helmet.

This is surprisingly one of my favorite "non-traditional" color combos. Wore it last against Navy in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl back in 2012.

That looks so much better without the gradient numbers.

10 hours ago, razorback447 said:

This conversation reminds me of a school in our conference back when I was in high school. They were the Green Forest Tigers and yet their school colors were red and white. It always blew my mind that they missed on such obvious color choices. 

There's a school near me that has the same problem.  They're the Red Oak Tigers & their colors are orange & black

IowaWesternBanner.png

4 hours ago, FTRPresentation said:

Really bummed Maryland hasn't upgraded their uni's (or at least basic set).  I'm sure they'll have something cooking for later this season, but still.

I really like Maryland's unis.  The helmet is pretty cool and incredibly unique, but I kinda wish they brought back an "M" helmet or a "Terps" helmet.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I really like Maryland's unis.  The helmet is pretty cool and incredibly unique, but I kinda wish they brought back an "M" helmet or a "Terps" helmet.  

I like the helmets, but those should be used for big games.  Just like the flag pattern uniforms should be.  I think it was special when they would use it for certain big games or rivalry games.  It loses a little allure when you use it week in and week out.  And this is coming from the biggest fan of the Maryland state flag in the world.  

marylandmini.png

Archived