College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

23 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Full Oregon uniform for today:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegIt looks okay as a one time uniform, but still underwhelming. For those who don't know, they've had grey workout shirts the past few seasons with a blue collar on them, so these uniforms are playing on that same theme. The collar logo reads "Citius Altius Fortius", which is "Faster Higher Stronger", and it's the logo they've used for their strength and conditioning. In addition, the uniform is being called "The Rad", which is a tribute to their longtime strength and conditioning coach Jim Radcliffe.

:pukes eternally:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to Oregon wearing their sweats.

I think a hot cool look for them would be to wear one home set and one road set for an entire season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Full Oregon uniform for today:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegIt looks okay as a one time uniform, but still underwhelming. For those who don't know, they've had grey workout shirts the past few seasons with a blue collar on them, so these uniforms are playing on that same theme. The collar logo reads "Citius Altius Fortius", which is "Faster Higher Stronger", and it's the logo they've used for their strength and conditioning. In addition, the uniform is being called "The Rad", which is a tribute to their longtime strength and conditioning coach Jim Radcliffe.

Ohhhhhhh.... that's unfortunate.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

In a vacuum, I like the new Oregon uniform. However, the lack of green and the block numbers make this a disappointing look for Oregon. If UCF or Army came out wearing this, I think it would look really nice.

I think the heathered look is going to become more common in the next few years.

Just now, rsaline said:

In a vacuum, I like the new Oregon uniform. However, the lack of green and the block numbers make this a disappointing look for Oregon. If UCF or Army came out wearing this, I think it would look really nice.

I think the heathered look is going to become more common in the next few years.

I love the story behind the uniforms, as the strength and conditioning coach these uniforms are a tribute to has been an integral part of the program for the last 30+ years. But from a purely aesthetic standpoint, they're not the best. Since it's a one time uniform, though, I'm okay with it considering the inspiration behind them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

54 minutes ago, jdukie said:

These are sad. I felt like Oregon jumped the shark last season with the multiple templates and helmet decals. Now it looks like they've been devoured and thrown up by the shark. This is clearly not the Oregon I became a fan of back in 2009. I'm starting to wonder if the uniqueness and innovation of their uniforms left with Mariotta after the 2014 season. Hopefully the rest of season isn't this bad.

Bandwagon much?  You really have no room to complain as a "Duck fan" if you only became a fan once they started going to major bowl games consistently. 

23 minutes ago, upperV03 said:
54 minutes ago, jdukie said:

These are sad. I felt like Oregon jumped the shark last season with the multiple templates and helmet decals. Now it looks like they've been devoured and thrown up by the shark. This is clearly not the Oregon I became a fan of back in 2009. I'm starting to wonder if the uniqueness and innovation of their uniforms left with Mariotta after the 2014 season. Hopefully the rest of season isn't this bad.

I love the story behind the uniforms, as the strength and conditioning coach these uniforms are a tribute to has been an integral part of the program for the last 30+ years. But from a purely aesthetic standpoint, they're not the best. Since it's a one time uniform, though, I'm okay with it considering the inspiration behind them.

Same here but it just seems like Oregon is making special uniforms just to have a special uniform.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/N1DhPKK39eSOZ/

2 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Same here but it just seems like Oregon is making special uniforms just to have a special uniform.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/N1DhPKK39eSOZ/

Oregon: We want a Batman jersey

Nike: Sweet but why?

O: Cuz it would be dope

N: But we have to explain it

O: K, we have this strength coach

N: Say no more

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Don't recall seeing these pants for Tech. They're nice but don't really match with the jersey.

image.jpeg

They seem like an homage to the 80s/90s GT years...but they never wore white pants back then, did they?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those Oregon jerseys are brutal. Their concepts (Oregon Trail) over the last few years have been weak but at least they still looked nice. These have absolutely NO redeemable qualities. When I think of Oregon's chrome and glitter uniforms I don't think blue collar. This design may be fitting for West Virginia or Michigan State, but Oregon?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

7 minutes ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Those Oregon jerseys are brutal. Their concepts (Oregon Trail) over the last few years have been weak but at least they still looked nice. These have absolutely NO redeemable qualities. When I think of Oregon's chrome and glitter uniforms I don't think blue collar. This design may be fitting for West Virginia or Michigan State, but Oregon?

I like the duck logo on the gloves. That's about it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Houston's uniforms would be helped by just minimal navy accents.  Number outline and sleeve stripe outline maybe.  I don't like the red and white only, especially when the cougar logo uses navy.  

I want to like Virginia Tech's helmets, but the stripes need to be full-length stripes or taken off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Houston's uniforms would be helped by just minimal navy accents.  Number outline and sleeve stripe outline maybe.  I don't like the red and white only, especially when the cougar logo uses navy.  

I want to like Virginia Tech's helmets, but the stripes need to be full-length stripes or taken off.

Agreed.  Red and navy are a great color combo and reducing the uniforms down to just red and white makes them look like every other team with that color palette.

18 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Starting to dislike matte helmets more and more. I miss glossy painted helmets being the norm. Also metallic painted to a lesser extent.

TBH i rather deal w/ the matte helmets than i can w/ the chrome helmets.That's just me though.

Archived