College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

1 hour ago, BroncoBuff said:

Actually that was newly posted just yesterday on Bruins Nation .... full copy of the UCLA - Under Armor contract anyway. 

Probably should have just posted this link to the PDF file of the contract.  If that's been posted, ny hat's off to great work.

6Q4RCUm.png

Yeah man this news was posted to the board on May 24.  See page 38 of this thread.  The copy of the contract isn't needed.  Also, if you're going to write Under Armour in bold every time, please try to spell it correctly. :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2016 at 8:12 AM, mr.nascar13 said:

MTSU posted their combinations on Twitter. Looks like a chrome gradient helmet and a cream uniform are in the mix:

why did they get rid of the silver pants? the silver helmet, blue tops, and silver pants was a good look.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah man this news was posted to the board on May 24.  See page 38 of this thread.  The copy of the contract isn't needed.  Also, if you're going to write Under Armour in bold every time, please try to spell it correctly. :)

Yeah, I addressed that. sorry ... the contract was the new thing.  And while I respect that YOU may think the contract isn't "needed," I found some of its terms fascinating.  Under Armour's nascent hyper-market aggression (what appears to me to be 'new' anyway) is very interesting, even a bit unnerving.  It's one thing to have one lunatic billionaire in Oregon throwing merchandise and gear hither and yon while wielding hegemonic influence wherever he chooses. But it's another thing altogether to have serious competitors challenging his dominance.   

Actually, if I'm running the Pac 12, there's a couple things in that deal that might make me nervous, re: recruiting and competition.  Some of the totals for merchandise provided border on "gluts of swag," and while I'm sure the NCAA has modified recruiting rules over the last 30 years, all those sweats and caps and hoodies and jackets used to be violations and violations and violations waiting to happen in the 70s and 80s.

Honestly though, spelling corrections and BOLD objections .... I wish I'd found this place sooner, it's a great site, too bad "friendly" is not one of it's more obvious attributes.  

wS7MJ6T.png

9 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

Yeah, I addressed that. sorry ... the contract was the new thing.  And while I respect that YOU may think the contract isn't "needed," I found some of its terms fascinating.  Under Armour's nascent hyper-market aggression (what appears to me to be 'new' anyway) is very interesting, even a bit unnerving.  It's one thing to have one lunatic billionaire in Oregon throwing merchandise and gear hither and yon while wielding hegemonic influence wherever he chooses. But it's another thing altogether to have serious competitors challenging his dominance.   

Actually, if I'm running the Pac 12, there's a couple things in that deal that might make me nervous, re: recruiting and competition.  Some of the totals for merchandise provided border on "gluts of swag," and while I'm sure the NCAA has modified recruiting rules over the last 30 years, all those sweats and caps and hoodies and jackets used to be violations and violations and violations waiting to happen in the 70s and 80s.

Honestly though, spelling corrections and BOLD objections .... I wish I'd found this place sooner, it's a great site, too bad "friendly" is not one of it's more obvious attributes.  

Sorry if the site doesn't seem friendly to you. I think it's pretty friendly most of the time, but then again, I've been here for 20 months so I'm pretty well acclimated. Anyway, if no one else has done so, let me be the first to welcome you to the boards!

18 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Under Armor is based in Baltimore, so, as with Nike in Oregon, it kinda makes sense.

I can report on my first day here (great board)  that Under Armor has signed a comprehensive contract with UCLA.  They'll replace Adidas for all UCLA sports starting in 2017.

This Bruins Nation link tells the full story, they even managed to get the full UA-UCLA contract, which is VERY interesting. 

IMG_0011.0.0.JPG

I found the story very interesting, so thanks for sharing! And welcome, hopefully things only get friendlier from here.

I think part of the allure of this contract was that UCLA truly has final say on what the players wear. Not only that, it's explicitly stated here. So when UCLA has a downright awful uniform you can actually know that the school signed off on it instead of saying no. Also, the fact that UA had separate negotiations with ASUCLA to ensure that Bruins gear is more readily available seems to show how serious they are to make sure they stay competitive in the casual clothing line in Los Angeles and across the country. One thing that annoys me when going to an adidas or Nike outlet shop is that they don't have team specific items there. Under Armour has Spurs, Maryland and a little something from all of the big teams they sponsor there. I think that's why I prefer them and Puma because I could always pick up an Arsenal or Italy jersey or warmup gear if I wanted to. I've never been able to do that with Manchester United or the Cleveland teams I support, mainly because I live in Texas and Ross or Marshalls won't get those type of items down here, not team authentic stuff anyways. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, dont care said:

hell to the no

THANK YOU!  I agree with you ... these days teams try to do too much, keeping up with the Ducks, or Tigers, whomever ....

PianoKnight's helmet is unique, but it reminds me of the generic ones we got as kids, some said "ALL-STAR" on 'em.

I prefer this AFA alternate, though I'm not 100% certain what color the jersey is:

3pkkgCY.png

CSU Rams' alternate .... dunno really.  It looks like they said, "Ahhh, the conference just called, said we've got to come up with an alternate uniform." Then they just went with the first idea some grad assistant came up with.

wS7MJ6T.png

19 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

I basically hate the Trojans ... but you gotta respect how they go all out for Cardinal and Gold: only stitch of white I've seen anywhere is the obligatory road white jersey. No stripes, logo accents, piping, no white or any other color ... and they have yet to give in and adopt an alternate uniform.

Wish more teams would learn to love their own colors ... the explosion of black jersey alternates seems kinda cool, unless black is your team's main color.  If black is your color, where do you go for a cool alternate look?  We went with gray which looks fairly cool, and white-out and blackout looks - where only helmet logo, jersey number, player name and COLORADO are not white or black.  These three alternates come compete with glow-in-the-dark numerals:

N91irLc.png  

Still, we don't even have the best alternates in our own state. Most people think Air Force takes that honor ... anybody disagree?

sohebtb.png

Colorado State wear UA now so those aren't in rotation anymore. Sadly, every HBCU had a version of that jersey. With some logos the repeating pattern works. For others it's just ugly.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You guys are terrific, thanks for the welcomes ... I wasn't trying to get too whiny, I feel like an amateur in a den of professional graphic artists (if that's wrong, don't tell me yet).

You guys MIGHT JUST want to TAKE BACK your welcome when you hear this, one of my most outrageous theories (and one I've rarely found anyone interested in hearing until now. Hopefully).

Oregon's wacky duds, though I love most of 'em, they can and I think have influenced the outcome of a game or two.

2013: Ducks Get Out-Ducked in the Desert 

5th-Ranked 9-1 Oregon visited 6-5 Arizona ... Oregon wore a dull silver-on-gray uniform, LEAST interesting thing they've worn since before Gary Zimmerman and Dan Fouts suited up there.  Wildcats on the other hand ... they were READY with BIG RED  ... and they blew 'em out 42-16.  

I watched the whole game, and I truly believe Oregon's flat approach had something to do with being out-Ducked.  Call me crazy, but you'll never change my mind.

VqIx4c5.png

wS7MJ6T.png

4 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

You guys are terrific, thanks for the welcomes ... I wasn't trying to get too whiny, I feel like an amateur in a den of professional graphic artists (if that's wrong, don't tell me yet).

You guys MIGHT JUST want to TAKE BACK your welcome when you hear this, one of my most outrageous theories (and one I've rarely found anyone interested in hearing until now. Hopefully).

Oregon's wacky duds, though I love most of 'em, they can and I think have influenced the outcome of a game or two.

5th-Ranked 9-1 Oregon visited 6-5 Arizona ... Oregon wore a dull silver-on-gray uniform, LEAST interesting thing they've worn since before Gary Zimmerman and Dan Fouts suited up there.  Wildcats on the other hand ... they were READY with BIG RED  ... and they blew 'em out.  

I watched the whole game, and I truly believe their flat approach had something to do with being out-Ducked.  Call me crazy, but you'll never change my mind.

VqIx4c5.png

I really hope you don't truly believe that because that is just flat out dumb. Oregon has had a history of tough games at Arizona, and ignoring the tough environment and good play of Arizona to say Oregon lost because of their uniform combo is just ludicrous. Oregon also wore a similar combo in the 2015 National Championship so by your logic they lost because of their uniform combo right? Not because of the swarming defense and dynamic offense of Ohio State (who also beat probably the best team in the nation in Alabama in the semifinal)...

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

5th-Ranked 9-1 Oregon visited 6-5 Arizona ... Oregon wore a dull silver-on-gray uniform, LEAST interesting thing they've worn since before Gary Zimmerman and Dan Fouts suited up there.  Wildcats on the other hand ... they were READY with BIG RED  ... and they blew 'em out 42-16.  

I watched the whole game, and I truly believe Oregon's flat approach had something to do with being out-Ducked.  Call me crazy, but you'll never change my mind.

VqIx4c5.png

because uniforms totally determine the outcomes of games....

Honestly upper ... Ducks had a significantly more talented roster that day ... outgained Zona on offense but still lost 42-16.  Ducks won two straight after that, beat Oregon State and crushed Texas to finish 11-2.  Arizona on the other hand got blown out by Arizona State 58-21 the next week to go 7-5.

And I'm 90% sure Oregon never wore that combo before or since ... I watched the Ohio State Ch-Ship game, and they did not wear that mono-chromatic Witness Protection Program abomination of an out-of-character stumble-jersey. 

And I didn't say Arizona won "because of" the uniforms ... I said getting "out-Ducked" contributed to the loss.  ARizona was pedal-to-the-metal confident from Minute One, while Mariotta seemed unsure, groggy.

Oh well ... do you take back your 'welcome'? DID YOU EVEN WELCOME ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I'm just kidding btw

wS7MJ6T.png

33 minutes ago, dont care said:

because uniforms totally determine the outcomes of games....

What...?  I'm crazy enough without being egregiously mis-quoted like that dc.

BrandMooreNatMoore ... yes, it seems like everybody loves that AFA uni, my in-law AF veterans among others.  If they throttled way back on the contrast between the bric-a-bracs, it might work, but sheesh.  And here I asked "Does anyone disagree?" because I thought people would go easy on the new guy, "Well, perhaps they are okay, GnuGuy, might work better for a night game though." 

Funny you mention bud, cause I live in Seattle, where it's always 4:20 ....... plus I'm all outta Irish Whiskey.

wS7MJ6T.png

45 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Colorado State wear UA now so those aren't in rotation anymore. Sadly, every HBCU had a version of that jersey. With some logos the repeating pattern works. For others it's just ugly.

Colorado State is UA now? Damn, I'm way behind ....and HBCU .. normally I'm AMMWA, (a madman with acronyms), but I'm missing that one.

I may be behind the times, but I know the Broncos and Buffs are both close to Mr. Knight's heart, and that's what really matters.

wS7MJ6T.png

12 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

Colorado State is UA now? Damn, I'm way behind ....and HBCU .. normally I'm AMMWA, (a madman with acronyms), but I'm missing that one.

I may be behind the times, but I know the Broncos and Buffs are both close to Mr. Knight's heart, and that's what really matters.

Historically Black College/University.

49 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

52 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

What...?  I'm crazy enough without being egregiously mis-quoted like that dc.

BrandMooreNatMoore ... yes, it seems like everybody loves that AFA uni, my in-law AF veterans among others.  If they throttled way back on the contrast between the bric-a-bracs, it might work, but sheesh.  And here I asked "Does anyone disagree?" because I thought people would go easy on the new guy, "Well, perhaps they are okay, GnuGuy, might work better for a night game though." 

Funny you mention bud, cause I live in Seattle, where it's always 4:20 ....... plus I'm all outta Irish Whiskey.

Honestly upper ... Ducks had a significantly more talented roster that day ... outgained Zona on offense but still lost 42-16.  Ducks won two straight after that, beat Oregon State and crushed Texas to finish 11-2.  Arizona on the other hand got blown out by Arizona State 58-21 the next week to go 7-5.

And I'm 90% sure Oregon never wore that combo before or since ... I watched the Ohio State Ch-Ship game, and they did not wear that mono-chromatic Witness Protection Program abomination of an out-of-character stumble-jersey. 

And I didn't say Arizona won "because of" the uniforms ... I said getting "out-Ducked" contributed to the loss.  ARizona was pedal-to-the-metal confident from Minute One, while Mariotta seemed unsure, groggy.

Oh well ... do you take back your 'welcome'? DID YOU EVEN WELCOME ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?

I'm just kidding btw

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm just kidding btw

You're also forgetting that Mariota was suffering from a partially torn MCL that occurred in the UCLA game a few weeks prior, which severely limited his mobility and drastically changed the offense.  You would just have to watch the games prior to the UCLA game and those after to see that the offense wasn't operating like normal as Mariota became more of a pocket passer and wasn't the dynamic running threat he was earlier.

easy on the new guy? never!

PS - good name, i actually share a hall way with that guy too :) 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived