Old College Football Uniforms That Need To Come Back

JosiahWVU

Gonna start by stating that I wish college teams would limit themselves to one helmet with an option for a once a year throwback option. I miss the days when teams had one helmet and not 5 alternates.

Here's some that I miss:

1995-FootballNorthwestern.jpg

cffcb8d050843a8bdcc2a1dba5931e5c.jpg

michael-vick-p1.jpg

loved these. When you have such a unique color scheme you don't have to go over the top with your uniforms. The only thing special about these was the contrasting sleeve number, which was a great way to invite more color into the uniform and kept it from just being a plain jersey.

george620.jpg

sean-taylor-miami-hurricanes-washington-

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1429821-tight-end-marcedes-lewis-of-the-

540735-nov-2001-akil-harris-of-ucla-cele

Still can't believe that adidas managed to mess this uniform up in its current state. They had it right (or as close to right as they can get with the current uniform template and material) as recently as 2014, but then they decided to do this.

USATSI_8841312_149008644_lowres.jpg

It's maddening.

Oh, I will jump in here...

Troy Davis era Iowa State:

His proudest accomplishment...the lowest Wonderlic score of all time. He was literally the dumbest football player to have ever played the game.
You've clearly never met this guy.

312018750_IMG_9258.source.prod_affiliate

While conducting a postgame interview with him for the newspaper I work for during his senior year at Scott's Branch HS, he was asked to fill out a recruiting/prospect form. He misspelled his own name. When I saw this, I asked if WE had been spelling it wrong all along, he replied "it don't matter. Either way is fine." Jerrell or Jerell? Which one is it!?

Id be willing to bet thatd be part of the reason he had to go to a JuCo his freshman year.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Gonna start by stating that I wish college teams would limit themselves to one helmet with an option for a once a year throwback option. I miss the days when teams had one helmet and not 5 alternates.

Here's some that I miss:

michael-vick-p1.jpg

loved these. When you have such a unique color scheme you don't have to go over the top with your uniforms. The only thing special about these was the contrasting sleeve number, which was a great way to invite more color into the uniform and kept it from just being a plain jersey.

george620.jpg

I agree.. Even with "alt" jerseys or "bfbs" jerseys, the standard helmet can (and usually does) work.. It's also a better way to introduce something new without everyone thinking you're abandoning your traditional look or team colors.. So many concepts include multiple helmet options, one for each jersey/uniform combination.. With helmets, less is definitely more

Here's some that I miss:

michael-vick-p1.jpg

george620.jpg

I agree.. Even with "alt" jerseys or "bfbs" jerseys, the standard helmet can (and usually does) work.. It's also a better way to introduce something new without everyone thinking you're abandoning your traditional look or team colors.. So many concepts include multiple helmet options, one for each jersey/uniform combination.. With helmets, less is definitely more

george620.jpg

Those shoulder numbers look like they should be on a freeway overpass. Holy Christ. Dial down the font size a few hundred notches.

There was a mistake with shipping at the jersey factory, so they only had one number size.. And they slapped it on the front, back, and shoulders

george620.jpg

Those shoulder numbers look like they should be on a freeway overpass. Holy Christ. Dial down the font size a few hundred notches.

I miss these numbers. With smaller shoulder pads and jerseys they wouldn't work anymore without looking like pee wee players. Too bad.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

george620.jpg

I miss these numbers. With smaller shoulder pads and jerseys they wouldn't work anymore without looking like pee wee players. Too bad.

I love those numbers. Champion font too!

PvO6ZWJ.png

george620.jpg

There was a mistake with shipping at the jersey factory, so they only had one number size.. And they slapped it on the front, back, and shoulders
I'm not sure if you're serious, but this is absolutely false. The front and back numbers were gargantuan, too, and by this logic, they would have been smaller than normal.

image_zps2rhtr3iv.jpeg

Archived