^ I may be alone in this but I think the Melo era is the best out of their uni history. the powder blues, navy's and homes were just so good. This current set needs to go, let that set die. They should've came out with whole new jerseys, not a frankenstein remix of the last set.

*hot take* the Andre Miller fauxback jersey is overrated. Yeah, I said it. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Why is Andre Miller's number photoshopped?  That's not the font that was used on the actual yellow jerseys.

Not sure .... this image was my own photo-montage, there's photoshopping throughout, in dozens of places, including a bit much on  Miller's jersey. But no way would I have altered the numeral font. 

I find the original pic and figure it out.

wS7MJ6T.png

How bad would it look of the gold tabs on the back of the jerseys had the text in the team colors? Would it be more visible?

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

23 hours ago, BroncoBuff said:

Not sure .... this image was my own photo-montage, there's photoshopping throughout, in dozens of places, including a bit much on  Miller's jersey. But no way would I have altered the numeral font.

I find the original pic and figure it out.

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 6:36 AM, WSU151 said:

Why is Andre Miller's number photoshopped?  That's not the font that was used on the actual yellow jerseys.

Good eye .... real font is more like a Swiss721 Bold or Aachen Bold ....

Must've inadvertently slimmed it down in my collage (right).

For the numerals and mountains I used such a glaring, other-worldly white ... like Matthew McConaughey's teeth.

20130402__03DCSNUg.jpg   mOUAEtP.png

I drew in most of Miller's left arm there ... plus (see above):

Plus:

- Drew most of Faried's left arm

- Iverson's right elbow cuff

- McDyess' fingers

- Melo's headband

- Harrington's left shoulder

- blotted out distracting backgrounds in all the pics.

wS7MJ6T.png

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 7:45 AM, SlammMastaJ said:

^ I may be alone in this but I think the Melo era is the best out of their uni history. the powder blues, navy's and homes were just so good. This current set needs to go, let that set die. They should've came out with whole new jerseys, not a frankenstein remix of the last set.

*hot take* the Andre Miller fauxback jersey is overrated. Yeah, I said it.

On Monday, July 18, 2016 at 8:50 AM, VikWings said:

The original Melo set was great. The home, road and navy alt.

Loved 'em ... only problem with the navy alternate was how rarely they wore them.

I was just sure they'd break 'em out for Game 4 of the West Finals at Staples Center 5-6 years ago ... (No, the NBA does not have a no-alternate uniform policy for the playoffs, I checked). Instead they came out in the powder blue ... and that's when I was certain that uni lacked something - the powder blue takes over - the uni needed a touch more of the navy trim.

wS7MJ6T.png

41 minutes ago, BroncoBuff said:

(No, the NBA does not have a no-alternate uniform policy for the playoffs, I checked). 

I think we figured that out a while ago, but thanks.  There is a long history of alternate jerseys in the playoffs, even in this year's NBA Finals.  

And the Nuggets used Aachen Bold (same as Wisconsin and Nike-era Maryland).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Pistons new logo is seen here in NBA 2K17. I'm honestly wondering if anybody in the Pistons camp knows what the hell is going on.

Also of note is some expansion teams that 2K Sports put in as presets.

CnvjUQoUkAAaK-0.jpg:large

Oh my god. I'm going to play with the "custom league" setting SO MUCH. 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

So that confirms the new logo is finally coming? I'm not sure.

i'd say it only confirms that they flubbed this one royally. it seems as if they've handed the "new logo" to various companies with NBA licenses in prep for making 16-17 merch / products. then, it seems they've changed course on their rebranding AFTER handing all those companies the "new logo". astounding stuff. 

15 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Pistons new logo is seen here in NBA 2K17. I'm honestly wondering if anybody in the Pistons camp knows what the hell is going on.

Also of note is some expansion teams that 2K Sports put in as presets.

CnvjUQoUkAAaK-0.jpg:large

NH0zEjj.gif?noredirect

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

11 hours ago, Conrad. said:

i'd say it only confirms that they flubbed this one royally. it seems as if they've handed the "new logo" to various companies with NBA licenses in prep for making 16-17 merch / products. then, it seems they've changed course on their rebranding AFTER handing all those companies the "new logo". astounding stuff. 

At this point, the Pistons should just quietly switch to the new logo as the primary for the time being and then just change the rest of the court and the uniforms next year.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived