2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On May 6, 2016 at 2:37 AM, SabresRule7361 said:

It's fascinating the contrast between how we view the NHL top seeds.

Dallas doesn't have that same pressure to win the Cup right now that Washington does

You don't feel like a 2nd round exit for the Stars would be as big a letdown as the Caps

It's most likely due to the Stars overachieving this year.  When you go from a non-playoff team to the top of the conference, in one season, it's hard to be viewed as a favourite.  Kind of like the 2014 Avalanche, though the Stars have nowhere to go but up.  When they fix the goaltending situation they will be a force to be reckoned with.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

It's most likely due to the Stars overachieving this year.  When you go from a non-playoff team to the top of the conference, in one season, it's hard to be viewed as a favourite.  Kind of like the 2014 Avalanche, though the Stars have nowhere to go but up.  When they fix the goaltending situation they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Some of the cogs on this team got their playoff feet wet a few years ago against Anaheim, so it's not like they went from 0 to 100.

I'm not saying the Lightning will beat the Pens or the Caps, but I highly doubt it's going to be a rollover. Underestimate Tampa at your own risk. I never thought they could win this series in five games with zero contribution from Anton Stralman, who should be back in time for the next round, btw.

spacer.png

Well that was fun while it lasted. Today sucked but hey, Islanders making the 2nd round was a nice little change of pace. We'll see what this offseason brings with all these contracts going up and trying to make a trade with Hamonic again, but at least for once it feels like the Isles have turned the corner a little bit.

And we'll always have our moments from this run, Honky.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

5 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I'm not saying the Lightning will beat the Pens or the Caps, but I highly doubt it's going to be a rollover. Underestimate Tampa at your own risk. I never thought they could win this series in five games with zero contribution from Anton Stralman, who should be back in time for the next round, btw.

I'm a man of my word. Go Thunderbug.

1 minute ago, cmm said:

I'm a man of my word. Go Thunderbug.

Oh yeah, if the Bolts make things as frustrating as they did for the Isles against the Pens, I'll be loving every minute of it. Caps.. eh, I'll still get a kick out of even though I want to see Ovi finally get to a final

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'm very scared about the prospect of playing the 'Ning right now. They look really, really good. And they have a hot goalie, and we all know how the Caps have dealt with those these playoffs!

But obviously, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, if I had money to put on tomorrow's game I'd be putting it on a 3-2 Pens victory. 

spacer.png

Well, it was there. Had a lead with less than 10 minutes to play. Jumped out to a 2 goal lead. Need to learn how to close that :censored: out. 

And oh look, same hacks on this thread slinging the same stale :censored: they always sling. Might I recommend a hobby? You know, something else you do besides troll some random sports blog engaging in schadenfreude.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The Predators just won't die.

They ONLY play great it seems when their backs are against the wall.

Up 2-0 against Anaheim? Meh. Down 3-2 and 2-0? Play like their hair is on fire.

Cujo, be careful what you wish for in game 7- the Sharks will gave DAL/STL a better series. Nashville will be way too wiped out if they have two seven-game series AND all that travel? 2009 Hurricanes all over again.

Scary omen for the Sharks- Peter Laviolette has a phenomenal track record in game 7's.

Seriously, this would be so cruel for the Sharks. Not like this, against THAT team with basically a bunch of mediocre grinders and ugly uniforms.

Plus, I'll be damned if a team with James Neal and Mike Ribeiro are gonna get that close to the Cup.

I can't stomach the Preds at all. They are just so freaking annoying.

And quite frankly, this series SHOULD have ended on Saturday. Pavelski got jobbed.

We are just two games away from a Blues-Predators WCF.

I'm going to go shoot myself. Good night, everyone.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, Alex Houston said:

Well, it was there. Had a lead with less than 10 minutes to play. Jumped out to a 2 goal lead. Need to learn how to close that :censored: out. 

And oh look, same hacks on this thread slinging the same stale :censored: they always sling. Might I recommend a hobby? You know, something else you do besides troll some random sports blog engaging in schadenfreude.

Come brother, join our support group.

/At least the Blues decided to remove any real chance for drama tonight.  (OH YOU THOUGHT THEY MIGHT HAVE TIED IT IN THE END?  NOPE.  KILLER INSTINCT OF A PANDA THIS BUNCH HAS.  WATCH THEM SLEEPWALK THROUGH PERIOD ONE ON WEDNESDAY!)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived