2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been absent from this thread by usual standards recently because I was gone over the weekend (my siblings had college graduations this weekend).

What would be the best SCF matchup of the four teams left?

I don't know, why don't you tell us? You've never lacked for observations regarding how terrible every sports team is to you.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I liked it better when the Penguins were completely incapable of winning a playoff game in overtime.

I should've known they'd eventually start winning some of those. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

If Couture can produce a little more and the power play improves a bit, I think the Sharks can sneak one out against Canada's Team. On the other hand, even if they go back to the coast down 0-2, I think the panic and usual doom and gloom should be saved if they gone down 3-0 or 3-1. 

Also, from what little I've seen on the ECF, it seems like Tampa can give more fits than I initially realized. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I felt kind of belittled and degraded as a female," she said. "I was there to cheer my team on, not to be seen."

I tend to sympathize with the feminist crowds who say "this is what I was wearing", but you mean to tell me you didn't notice them floppy sandbags being pretty damn hard to notice? Especially with how focused on appearance many women are?

NaturalDishonestGerbil-size_restricted.g

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Rothschild asked whether the same kind of attention would have been lavished on a man, even a topless one, sitting in the same seat. 

Let's see, there's:

- Paul MacLean's twin

paul-maclean-doppelganger-look-alike.jpg

-Green suit guys

VancouverGreenMen.jpg

-Astronaut

Carey-Price-astronaut.jpg

Those are just off the top of my head.  

If you're behind the glass next to the penalty boxes or the benches, you're going to be on TV.  If there's something memorable, like disembodied giant cleavage, people will notice.  I know if I paid the kind of money those seats cost, I'd check it out at least once and see what I looked like on TV.

This is uncharted water for the Sharks since they've always been down 2-0 in every single conference final. Nice job to silence the Blues tonight!

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

17 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

This is uncharted water for the Sharks since they've always been down 2-0 in every single conference final. Nice job to silence the Blues tonight!

True. I remember I went out with friends to a beer even thing back in 2011 so I couldn't even see them get their only win last time out. On another note, I was thrilled to see the defensive effort put forward and if we could hold serve at home, I'd have to permit myself to feel real good about those odds. 

Fun fact:  The Blues have never won more than 10 playoff games in a single season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If I wasn't a TB fan, I'd say this series is already over.

2-1 isn't a problem. That the Penguins have just about twice as many shots on net as the Lightning do, however, is a major problem, and it looks like that dam has just about broken with what happened in the 3rd period tonigh. And until the Lightning are able to figure out how to adjust to the Penguins' aggressive forecheck, and find ways to actually exit the zone with the puck so that the Penguins D's aren't simply re-grouping and starting new zone attacks, this problem will only exacerbate itself some more.

The simpler explanation, and the painfully truthful one, is that the Penguins are simply the better team. I just didn't think the discrepancy was this enormous. 

spacer.png

I don't know what's more surprising.. "Get Ready For This" being used as a goal song in the year 2016 or a team other than the Red Wings making "Get Ready For This" a thing in the year 2016.

And yet it's still a huge upgrade over the Casio Keyboard Preset Playlist of "Rock and Roll Part 2", "DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN", and "DUUNNN DUUNNN DUUN DUUUNNN DUN DUN DUN DUUUNNNN /clap /clap"

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'm by no means a Blues fan, but I've been rooting for them after the Wild got eliminated, (mostly because of Backes and Brodziak) but I'm even a little worried for the Blues the way this is going... Yikes this game is awful for St. Louis. They are outshooting the Sharks though. :therock:

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived