2016 NHL Playoffs, Rite of Spring: "You thought God was an architect"

ninersdd

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So today, the Blues put out a video and a post campaigning to be "Canada's Team" for the rest of the playoffs. They also announced they'll play O, Canada before Game 1 on Sunday.

Cardinal Nation can not be pleased.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

22 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

So today, the Blues put out a video and a post campaigning to be "Canada's Team" for the rest of the playoffs. They also announced they'll play O, Canada before Game 1 on Sunday.

I don't think Canada agreed to this... I'm cheering for Pittsburgh.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

34 minutes ago, Still MIGHTY said:

It's a prelude to their move to Saskatoon.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 hours ago, rams80 said:

It's a prelude to their move to Saskatoon.

I'm having flashbacks to 1983...which is super weird, since I was born in '86.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

They also announced they'll play O, Canada before Game 1 on Sunday.

Really? It's a funny enough gimmick, but you're essentially turning Canada's national anthem into a joke if you do that. As a fan, I'm not a fan.

9 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

What do the Bosnians have to say about this?

1 hour ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Whatever his leg injury is, it's best to keep everything on to reduce swelling.

I know they do that with skates, but it's just strange because I feel like the goalie has been able to skate off with every injury I've seen. Normally when you see someone on the stretcher, it's the kinds of hits to the head or plays along the boards that goalies don't suffer. Even his catcher is still on!

13 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

OOOOOO, CAAAAARRRDINAAAAALLLLS....

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

So we get forced to watch Game 1 tomorrow on NBCSN, because golf is more marketable than hockey? Y'know, I have a snarky suspicion that we could've gotten a 3pm ET start if we have an O6 team involved. I mean, that was the case in 2010 when it was a noon start when it was SJ/CHI.  Apparently having potential to expand into a huge market in NorCal, as well as the medium sized one in St. Louis isn't enough for the NBC brass. 

Please, lead the way, Ricki Fowler. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived