Cosmic

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Well with a total of zero moves so far this year I know the Bruins will be god awful and I don't even have to attemp to watch any games this year. Which probably means the will start out hot again and then flounder to just barely missing the playoffs and crushing my hopes and dreams again.

They signed David Backes

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/7/2016 at 11:48 AM, mightyduck said:

I'm not sure what to make of the Hawks next year.  I want to be optimistic, but I feel like they've lost a good chunk of secondary scoring from Shaw and to a lesser extent Teuvo.  Lots of talk about Schmaltz coming in and playing a part.  I do like the idea of Campbell coming back...that gives them 5 defensemen who can can hold their own, plus Rosival in the 6th spot.   

Rozsival might be the 7th D-Man. Everything I've heard about Michal Kempny is that he's ready to step into the NHL and have success immediately. Maybe not as much success as Panarin had, but he and TVR could be could be a serviceable pairing. 

Is having a children's hospital wing named after you the new EA Curse? Vincent Lecavalier also had a wing named after him in Tampa before things went south there.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/17069335/las-vegas-expansion-team-having-trademark-naming-issues-owner-says

Am I the only one reading this and getting the vibe that Foley is kind of pitching a fit over not being able to use Black Knights?

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

14 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/17069335/las-vegas-expansion-team-having-trademark-naming-issues-owner-says

Am I the only one reading this and getting the vibe that Foley is kind of pitching a fit over not being able to use Black Knights?

He can pound sand.  Knights is fine.  Black Knights is a blatant infringement and unoriginal notion.  Knights isn't original at all either, but it's better than the alternative.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

That or he wanted to use camo cosplay and pretend that his hockey players were muthafugging souljas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, TheLAKnight said:

It was announced that Zatkoff will be wearing #37 and Purcell #9. Also, Campbell #1, Trotman #5, Gilbert #14, and Latta #17. Some of these may change after the pre-season or they may be in Ontario most or all of the season.

Thanks for the heads up. I just take the numbers from the team's roster page on their website and if it's a returning player sometimes they'll have the number showing from when they last played with the team. Completely forgot Purcell started out playing for the Kings. Just out of curiosity, where did you find this out? The only place I could find about their new numbers were their Twitter accounts.

6 hours ago, twi said:

Nice work, but 89 isn't certain for Conacher. Yes he wore it here before but current RFA Nesterov wears it currently. 

Most likely he won't. Same issue here as above, forgot about Nesterov's number.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

1 hour ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Thanks for the heads up. I just take the numbers from the team's roster page on their website and if it's a returning player sometimes they'll have the number showing from when they last played with the team. Completely forgot Purcell started out playing for the Kings. Just out of curiosity, where did you find this out? The only place I could find about their new numbers were their Twitter accounts.

Jon Rosen (@lakingsinsider) posted an article about it a few weeks back.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/07/08/numbers-for-the-new-guys/

30 minutes ago, chrysleraspen08 said:

Dubai. It's the Vegas of the Middle East!

Shhhh!!! The KHL might hear you...

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On July 5, 2016 at 11:36 PM, TRoyConcepts said:

Here's all the "confirmed" jerseys of transactions for next year

Update #1.png

Others: 

CBJ : Alex Wennberg changes to #10

FLA : Jared McCann #90

PIT : Lukas Bengtsson #5, Ethan Prow #12

TOR : Frederik Andersen #31

I would do FLA, PIT and TOR but I would need their fonts

I've got to be honest the flames are looking like something you would see on a race car

Drive for five..... Shots to my head

With the Seats burning at Citi ahead

Archived