Cosmic

9 hours ago, 2001mark said:

Was Cox fired?  He was at the draft with Sportsnet after his twitter fail.  

I don't see anything first page google.

PK says the Predators are gonna be the GSW of the NHL.

Which GSW: the ones that won the championship the year before or the ones that gave a 3-1 series lead to the same Cavaliers? 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see Brian Campbell get one more sunset ride w/ the Blackhawks.  Their defense is getting pretty goddamn old, but whatever.  Cup window is closing, might as well get a class guy like Soupy in here for one more go.  $2M, 1 year deal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

In this respect, and this respect only, it's a shame nobody has told Josh Cooper what sex is.

Wasn't Creepy Steve Lepore also a hockey blogger? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Alexander Radulov might be signing with the Habs.

So apparently Alexander Radulov has better character than PK Subban. With logic like that, they deserve to lose!

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

15 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Lucic to the Oilers.

Long term contracts for power forwards in their late 20's never seem to work. This will be an albatross for them within a few years. 

spacer.png

Eriksson to Vancouver

Nielsen to Detroit

Reimer to Florida

Okposo to Buffalo

Ladd to Islanders

Brouwer to Calgary

Eric Staal to Minnesota

Wiese to Philly 

Chimera to Islanders

Lovejoy to New Jersey

spacer.png

Getting Ladd and Chimera while losing Okposo and Nielsen is quite a step back for the Isles. They better get a lot out of Dal Colle and Ho-Sang soon.

I dodged a bullet on Eric Staal, Weise and the Flyers are a match made in heaven, ditto Backes and the Bruins, lol at the Lucic contract but at least a Canadian team managed to sign a Canadian player for once. The Brian Campbell signing is very good for Chicago.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

26 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Getting Ladd and Chimera while losing Okposo and Nielsen is quite a step back for the Isles. They better get a lot out of Dal Colle and Ho-Sang soon.

I dodged a bullet on Eric Staal, Weise and the Flyers are a match made in heaven, ditto Backes and the Bruins, lol at the Lucic contract but at least a Canadian team managed to sign a Canadian player for once. The Brian Campbell signing is very good for Chicago.

Campbell took $3M less to come back, too.  I hope he's as effective as he can be.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Caps sign Brett Connolly to a 1 year, $850k contract. Probably a direct replacement for Chimera. Sad to see him go, but I'd much rather have a 24 year old for $850k than a player on the wrong side of 30 for several million of dollars. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

I knew Okposo leaving was a foregone conclusion but I was really hoping they'd keep Franz.  If they'd have kept Franz and added Ladd and Chimera I'm more ok with the state of things.  Unless Garth knows something we all don't I have to agree that this is a big step back but hey we still have Josh Bailey making $3.7 (only a $3.3 cap hit) oy.  Two more shirseys for the "vintage" pile.

19 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Caps sign Brett Connolly to a 1 year, $850k contract. Probably a direct replacement for Chimera. Sad to see him go, but I'd much rather have a 24 year old for $850k than a player on the wrong side of 30 for several million of dollars. 

Dont let the age and money fool you, he's terrible - and that's putting it nicely. He looked lost out there for a majority of the season. The thought was a change of environment from Tampa to Boston would do him good, maybe Boston to Washington will.

Love Backes, but not for 5 years. That's a step price to pay for a 3rd line center. Maybe he slots in at wing on the Bergeron line? 

1 minute ago, speedy said:

Dont let the age and money fool you, he's terrible - and that's putting it nicely. He looked lost out there for a majority of the season. The thought was a change of environment from Tampa to Boston would do him good, maybe Boston to Washington will.

Ugh, that's not encouraging. Oh well. 

Didnt he play on the top line in Boston though? He's going to be nothing more than a third line winger in Washington. Maybe that will take some pressure off.

spacer.png

Was not expecting g a Hedman extension today, especially one as team friendly as he signed. With Vasy adding 3 years too at a below market rate I'd say this is the best the Lightning have ever done in free agency despite the fact that they added no new players, save some AHL fillers. 

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Schlemko and Boeddker to the Sharks. Two former Yotes.

Seems like solid depth pickups. Now to go out and find a backup for Joner and we could be looking at another deep run to the Finals. Honestly, with the thunderdome that has continued to hold true in the Central, I like those odds.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived