2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Alabama's QB is an RB. We are in an age where QB's are now RB's.

I'll be shocked if Saban and Bama lose more than two games with him at quarterback. Not this year, but over his entire 3 years at Bama. He's only gonna get better. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

9 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

I'll be shocked if Saban and Bama lose more than two games with him at quarterback. Not this year, but over his entire 3 years at Bama. He's only gonna get better. 

I think we'll see that happen when Kiffin leaves. Granted Steve Sarkisian could slide into the job but it's not the same time of guy in that OC slot.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Still quite curious as to why the committee is so smitten with Penn State. Was it the 49-10 loss at home against Michigan, or the 42-39 loss at Pittsburgh? 

For reference, this is also a Pitt team that lost to Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, and North Carolina. 3 teams ranked behind Penn State. 

I think Utah and North Carolina are rather low, I think both would have little trouble with Penn State. Utah should be right with Oklahoma, maybe even ahead of them. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

32 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Still quite curious as to why the committee is so smitten with Penn State. Was it the 49-10 loss at home against Michigan, or the 42-39 loss at Pittsburgh? 

For reference, this is also a Pitt team that lost to Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, and North Carolina. 3 teams ranked behind Penn State. 

I think Utah and North Carolina are rather low, I think both would have little trouble with Penn State. Utah should be right with Oklahoma, maybe even ahead of them. 

I'm a Penn State fan and I don't agree with it. I think it's the committee's way of keeping Ohio State in the hunt.

If that were the case, they (Ohio State) still have more Top 25 wins than Washington and Louisville combined. I think Penn State blowing out it's last two opponents helped as well. That Pittsburgh loss will weigh them down at the end of the year though. Especially if they slip up again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

Penn State should win out. At Indiana, at Rutgers, Michigan State in HV is a pretty favorable remaining schedule. But this is a program that has had a few slip ups in recent history.

I feel in the same boat with my team. Tech has Georgia Tech at home and Virginia at home, with a road trip to South Bend thrown in between them. That should be three wins and a trip to the ACC title. 

They should win out, but something tells me they won't. All of those teams are pesky squads (particular Georgia Tech and that tricky triple option) that are better than their records indicate. Though winning out would only guarantee an embarrassment versus Clemson on national TV, so it's a loss either way.

Tech is also (like Penn State) in my opinion a team that is ranked a little too highly in the polls. They really lucked out getting to play North Carolina in a hurricane. 

On 11/9/2016 at 2:40 PM, DScruggy729 said:

I feel in the same boat with my team. Tech has Georgia Tech at home and Virginia at home, with a road trip to South Bend thrown in between them. That should be three wins and a trip to the ACC title. 

They should win out, but something tells me they won't. All of those teams are pesky squads (particular Georgia Tech and that tricky triple option) that are better than their records indicate. Though winning out would only guarantee an embarrassment versus Clemson on national TV, so it's a loss either way.

Tech is also (like Penn State) in my opinion a team that is ranked a little too highly in the polls. They really lucked out getting to play North Carolina in a hurricane. 

Georgia Tech's defense absolutely stinks.  And their good QB is hurt.

I don't quite know why, but something about the UNC vs Duke game being played on Thursday night bothered me. Don't they usually play each other for the last game of the season?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

20 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I don't quite know why, but something about the UNC vs Duke game being played on Thursday night bothered me. Don't they usually play each other for the last game of the season?

UNC usually plays NC State on the last weekend iirc. 

Duke-UNC just isn't the spectacle in football that it is in basketball and other sports. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 minutes ago, CS85 said:

According to the WSJ earlier this week, NCAA won't punish for the assaults like they did with Penn State.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/08/baylor-rape-scandal-ncaa-punishment-penn-state

However, like many NCAA punishments, something small gets punished the hardest. Like a tennis team violation during a campus visit or a text message manages to snag football or basketball in with it. So Kendall Briles getting interviewed in Indianapolis this week over possible recruiting violations might be the seed needed to cultivate Level 1 (major) violations in two years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-baylor-oc-kendal-briles-meets-with-ncaa-regarding-alleged-recruiting-violations-152819476.html

Archived