MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The NE flag is on both, but there's an extra outline around the batterman on the Coop, and the material and underbrim might be slightly different than the On-Field.  

probably both produced in china ,same helmet looking crown and material, yes Coop used to have the double box batterman, not really sure if still do. Haven't bought a Coop since 2012

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, el_gmac said:

probably both produced in china ,same helmet looking crown and material, yes Coop used to have the double box batterman, not really sure if still do. Haven't bought a Coop since 2012

Still on there according the NE/Lids shop:

http://shop.neweracap.com/Style/59Fifty-MLB-Cooperstown/20650940

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Bouj said:

Chris just tweeted out an article that said that Boston will be participating in the Players' Weekend.  They are hosting Baltimore.  They will be wearing names on the back of their home jerseys.

Oh, I can't wait for the traditionalists to freak out.

tumblr_inline_njzoieE4tf1qf08gp.gif

Come on.  Hal, turn down the nicknames.  Guys, say that a player can't do best than that uniform.  I'm fine with whatever people want on eye black, bats, sleeves, I'll take red friggin' socks if they keep the names off the back.

5 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

agreed, they could at least were the caps on the road. 

I'm more of the school that darker caps generally look more aesthetically pleasing on the road.  I'd rather see them a night or two a week at Fenway, the way the Phillies, White Sox, Pirates, Brewers, and Diamondbacks wear their throwbacks.  Same for the Twins' red cap and Homerdome throwbacks.

Actually, can we put that Twins uni on the best pullovers list?

65779-24Fr.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

ny_g_dstrawts2_400.jpg

Still can't believe the Mets ditched the racing stripe uniforms for Sunday, even though it was supposed to be a one-season thing.

I've said this before, and I may catch some flak for this and say it again, but this is another look that needs to be permanent.

UBwef0L.png

4 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

ny_g_dstrawts2_400.jpg

Still can't believe the Mets ditched the racing stripe uniforms for Sunday, even though it was supposed to be a one-season thing.

I've said this before, and I may catch some flak for this and say it again, but this is another look that needs to be permanent.

You know, when looking at the teams and thinking of which I've always wanted to wear throwbacks, I looked at the Mets and considered them a team that should always wear what is their original look.  I completely forgot about these.  They're things of beauty.  I don't know if you can get away with racing stripes nowadays, but they should definitely be a one or two a week at home look.

People constantly clamor for the tailed New York skript.  I wonder if they'd accept it being an away alt.

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The NE flag is on both, but there's an extra outline around the batterman on the Coop, and the material and underbrim might be slightly different than the On-Field.  

Yep, Coop underbrims are usually authentic to the era the cap is throwing back to (so green or grey) and are usually wool, whereas On-Fields are black underbrim and polyester.

There's some exceptions on the Coop, as some produced a few years back have underbrims with the same color as the brim instead of a contrast, but otherwise that's usually how they are. I personally wish they made them like the On-Fields, mostly because polyester has a better feel to it than wool to me and I am really not a fan of grey underbrims at all.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 minutes ago, insert name said:

Every single team in Baltimore wears their state flag. 

IMG_5779.PNG

It may be the best flag in the country. I like that the teams use it. University of Maryland may go too extreme with it but they should have it incorporated somewhere in their look too.

13 hours ago, el_gmac said:

Huzzah.

http://www.fanatics.com/MLB_San_Diego_Padres_Hats/San_Diego_Padres_New_Era_2017_Turn_Back_the_Clock_59FIFTY_Low_Profile_Fitted_Hat_-_Navy

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, jmac11281 said:
3 hours ago, insert name said:

Every single team in Baltimore wears their state flag. 

It may be the best flag in the country.

The Maryland flag is probably the most recognisable state flag in the U.S., perhaps alongside that of Texas; but it's hardly the best.  Aesthetically it's a mess.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

19 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Maryland flag is probably the most recognisable state flag in the U.S., perhaps alongside that of Texas; but it's hardly the best.  Aesthetically it's a mess.

Seriously, unless it was the logo for like a taxi company owned by Teutonic Knights. Otherwise it really kind of sucks. 

I'm pretty sure the only reason the Orioles started wearing it was to declare themselves as "Maryland's team" and ward off their Maryland fans jumping ship to the Nationals. Heck, the year the flag patch debuted (2009), was the same year that the team brought back the "Baltimore" script on their road grays. 

Peter Angelos was always the most vocal opponent to the return of baseball to Washington, D.C. After realizing he couldn't keep a team away, the Orioles' marketing strategy shifted towards a Maryland/Baltimore-oriented approach to their identity.

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm pretty sure the only reason the Orioles started wearing it was to declare themselves as "Maryland's team" and ward off their Maryland fans jumping ship to the Nationals. Heck, the year the flag patch debuted (2009), was the same year that the team brought back the "Baltimore" script on their road grays. 

Peter Angelos was always the most vocal opponent to the return of baseball to Washington, D.C. After realizing he couldn't keep a team away, the Orioles' marketing strategy shifted towards a Maryland/Baltimore-oriented approach to their identity.

Yep, and it's obvious to people in this region. He's trying to attract as much of the MD market as he can. He also has Orioles billboards throughout the state, up to the DC border. He can't do much with the MD suburbs outside DC which identifies more with the DC area than the Baltimore area regardless, but there's also lots of area in between.

Came on here for the first time since middle of last week for the sole purpose of expecting a raging fire of you guys complaining about the MLB Players Weekend thing but alas there's no fire! lol! I'm disappointed in you all! But really the thing hasn't happened yet so maybe the fire is yet to come. Anyways my initial reaction is that it's gonna be a mess and the reason I hate it is, even though things like mothers day and memorial day uniforms seem like a mess at least they're still generally UNIFORM as in "everyone looks the same." The Players weekend thing is gonna completely go against that to a degree and it's not gonna be pretty aesthetically. Then again I guess this was coming for a while now considering how many accessories are no longer subject to uniform guidelines. I can't stand that Cespedes wears a neon green arm sleeve that isn't a team color... I can't stand that Nolan Arenado wears teal accents on his cleats and batting gloves... I can't stand that the A's are no longer the only team to wear mostly white cleats... I can't stand that so many teams no longer have a consistent base color for their cleats... it truly bothers me.

As for the ASG caps, they're horrific. FYI it's not "a Marlins thing" because the ASG caps for several years now haven't been tied to the host team, they're just a generic gold and star modification of the caps but are no longer tied to the host team. It's now only the Home Run Derby caps that are tied to the host team, and in general those have actually been pretty good and actually look fine as they aren't worn with the regular jerseys and aren't worn in an actual game. But the ASG itself should have the regular caps, with a patch on the sides at most. The gold logos are such a joke and they're not even good designs to look at. It's not a cool take on every teams designs it's just a bland sucking up of colors. Nothing like a Mets cap with no orange! The Marlins themselves are a great example as the host team. Their entire look, for better or worse, is based on bright and vibrant colors... for the ASG themselves their caps won't even have any colors. How great is that? Idiots.

Red-Sox-Throwbacks.jpg

Boston wore the pullover and red hat 70s look last year. Even with the bicentennial sleeve patch. I loved it, apart from Mookie wearing the wrong socks. I'd love to see this a couple times a year -- the 70s throwback hat was my personal go-to for years.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Red-Sox-Throwbacks.jpg

Boston wore the pullover and red hat 70s look last year. Even with the bicentennial sleeve patch. I loved it, apart from Mookie wearing the wrong socks. I'd love to see this a couple times a year -- the 70s throwback hat was my personal go-to for years.

Though I'm not a pullover fan, that is a pretty good look. It gets me thinking, the throwback red hat paired with the regular current home whites, navy undershirts, and the throwback socks would be an excellent alternate.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Red-Sox-Throwbacks.jpg

mod edit 

Archived