NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just as they did in 2015/16 when they wore the “The City” throwbacks at home, the Warriors are swapping out the mid-court logo for their home throwback games this season, the first of which is tonight. Here’s what it looks like:

C6377DAC-38E4-4C2B-BD20-E0EF53B143B6.thumb.jpeg.c3ba1401b97c7cdb7f6eadc1fcbbe587.jpeg

Although I appreciate the effort to add a corresponding mid-court logo for when they wear the throwbacks, I don’t know why they didn’t go with the period-appropriate mid-court logo, seen here (credit to @kodrinsky for the graphic):

21A03855-DC34-4186-8F4F-7F3A8A533542.jpeg.2b1baffb04491b1657de8ed71514ca9a.jpeg

That midcourt logo reminds me of the logo that Comedy Central now uses.

5 hours ago, Teal said:

I honestly couldn’t care less where they wore the jerseys. I just want to see them on (any) court again. Also I’d appreciate it if you did t try and start flame wars with me. It’s getting real tiring. Good day!

Not trying to start anything. You're the one who's always on edge. And, if anything you're the instigator of most of the drama you're involved in on here.

I was referring to the game last night. Sorry, I wasn't specific enough with my comment. I was agreeing with you. The rainbow jersey was worn WITH the Robert Indiana court. The jersey they wore last night was not. I too would love a return of the Irish rainbow jerseys.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I don't understand why they've never thrown back to the '80s and those unis.  They were probably the 3rd best team in the East most of that decade but could never get past Boston or Philly in the playoffs.

I agree, they're easily the most popular jersey in team history. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 26/10/2017 at 7:02 PM, kimball said:

I don't mind the color vs. color, just please no white on the road.

For me colour-vs.-colour is worse.

While I don't like it when the wrong team is in white, at least the spectacle of the matchup still looks good. But a colour-vs.-colour matchup is unwatchable.

Chelsea have a white away kit this season. When I saw it in action, I remembered how long it took me after I started watching the Premier League to be able to be comfortable with matches involving two teams in coloured uniforms. I wish every team had a white kit.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Anybody else wish the Bucks went back to that style of uniforms and the court from now on, but with the current colors?  Kinda like the Brewers with the navy and yellow ball-in-cap logo.

The Bucks already use a version of the Mecca court but in current colors. As great as the Mecca court is, it's not something I would like to see on a permanent basis now. The reality is that court was a jumbled mess of colors that didn't fit the uniforms the team was playing in.

bSLCtu2.png

Honestly, other than tradition, what's the big deal about these unconventional uniform match ups? Of course if the contrast between sets is too low then there is a problem, but I really haven't seen too much of that this season. Other than that, what exactly is wrong with teams wearing white on the road for example? 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Bucks already use a version of the Mecca court but in current colors. As great as the Mecca court is, it's not something I would like to see on a permanent basis now. The reality is that court was a jumbled mess of colors that didn't fit the uniforms the team was playing in.

Oh yeah, I definitely noticed the similarities when i saw the design for the first time.  But the colors are really appealing (uniform) and the wordmark and old school logo is pretty nice too.  I wouldnt mind seeing the Bucks use the current branding but in green and red.  And just putting this out there, I am a Bucks fan LMAO.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Not trying to start anything. You're the one who's always on edge. And, if anything you're the instigator of most of the drama you're involved in on here.

I was referring to the game last night. Sorry, I wasn't specific enough with my comment. I was agreeing with you. The rainbow jersey was worn WITH the Robert Indiana court. The jersey they wore last night was not. I too would love a return of the Irish rainbow jerseys.

I’m glad that’s all cleared up. Have a nice day. 

Jaguars

11 hours ago, henburg said:

Honestly, other than tradition, what's the big deal about these unconventional uniform match ups? Of course if the contrast between sets is too low then there is a problem, but I really haven't seen too much of that this season. Other than that, what exactly is wrong with teams wearing white on the road for example? 

The problem is that the away team's identity is not represented strong enough as it should be on the road when they're wearing white. The home team, on top of not having to let people know of their identity as much since playing at home, has its identity well represented on the court graphics and among the crowd, as is. Hence the white works for the home team.

1 hour ago, eibram said:

For reference:

143g550.png

Thanks for posting this, it’s really helpful in assessing all of the different uniform matchups so far. Just after doing a quick scan, the only little mistake I can see is that Portland and New Orleans need to be flipped for the Oct. 24th game, as the Blazers were the home team. The uniforms for that matchup, as well as all of the other matchups (as far as I can tell) are correct, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived