NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So heres my take on each:

What about others:

Bucks - meh. There are worse there are better.

Blazers - see above.

Bulls - Love it.

Cavaliers - Where's the yellow? Why a GFGS jersey and not navy or gold? "The Land" is dumb.

Celtics - Should have used the St. Paddy's jerseys but not bad for a GFGS.

Clippers -  Whether that's powder and red or powder and orange it looks good either way.

Grizzlies - What exactly are the going for here?

Hawks - Probably in the minority but I love these.

Hornets - Should have just cut the sleeves off the previous if they wanted a BFBS "Buzz City" so bad downgrade.

Jazz - Jazztros

Kings - These would be great with a wordmark, right now they look like PS2 era create a team in 2k.

Knicks - Not sure what to think of this one.

Lakers - Would be nice if it had purple anywhere.

Magic - Are the the Magic or the Galaxy? This looks like a fashion tank top from Urban Outfitters.

Mavericks - WTF? BFBS? Massive DAL and throwback color wordmark/numbers? 

Nets - I hate the super arched wordmark, but other than that it's nice.

Nuggets - It's ok, but why black and not baby blue?

Pacers -  This is awful.

Pelicans - I hope the numbers are a glitch, if not it ruins an otherwise nice jersey.

Pistons - meh

Rockets - Lazy.

76ers - Not bad, but could have been a little more creative than just a cream version of the reds with just Phila instead of Sixers, then again after seeing some of the others, less is more. I also don't like that they have 4 jerseys and only one says Sixers.

Spurs - terrbile.

Suns - meh.

Thunder -  meh.

Timberwolves - Might be better than their regular set, but wheres the green? And is that blue or black?

Warriors - Don't hate it.

Wizards - White numbers ruin it.

2 hours ago, keynote said:

So what?  People use the phrase "the District" -- it's not as commonly-used as "DC," but it's not a made-up moniker, either.  It's more like "The Town" or "The City" than "Buzz City," for example. 

In any event, this jersey has *21* letters on the front.  A bit much, no?  Has there ever been an NBA jersey with *that* many letters on the front?  Off the top of my head:  the Vancouver Grizzlies' and Spirits of St. Louis jerseys come close.

I think it's totally fine. DC is different. They're playing up on it. I like it

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

4 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

What is the Knicks one supposed to reference? The Fire Department or Police Department? It looks like the Chicago Fire logo

And the Memphis ones are based of the Sanitation Strike of 1968? That seems completely random, no?

Some of these could be so much better with simple changes like adding teal/purple to the Hornets.

The Nets jersey actually looks better than I thought with the bridge wiring on it.

Knicks reference the fire department. It's a Maltese cross which is used by a lot of fire departments

See the source image

1 minute ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Ok so Nike is going back to the ‘unveil them however and whenever you want’ stance? Really bizarre. For the life of me I don’t get why Nike only had a united release for the Statement where half of them where alternates that were already in use, and then had these completely unplanned releases for everything else

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Cavs- bad but we already knew it, GFGS with no wine at all. 

Bulls-Good use of the Chicago script and the city flag imagery.

Bucks- Nice to see them use the striping pattern that’s barely noticeable in their other uniforms to its full extent

Sixers-obviously tough to say on a video game shot but the vintage white looks too dark and pinkish. Pretty nice though

Hawks- meh leaning on bad

Grizzlies- I appreciate the backstory but they look like the Nets 2.

Clippers- probably the best out of this lot

Celtics- if they had to have a gray jerseys this is probably the way to do it.

Kings- Conrad’s mock-up with the number and logo at the same height was better

Hornets-Meh

Pelicans- a very nice uniform with disastrous number placement 

Jazz- It’s not a bad look but there’s nothing there I associate with the Jazz.

Mavs- they’re in full identity crisis mode. I’ll tip them to rebrand within 3 years.

Magic- guessing this will be a huge hit with collectors in a few years. A joke of a look

Lakers- I might actually prefer the purple-free mock-up Conrad made. Is this the first Jersey designed for a specific athlete?

Knicks- The logo used on the front like that is brilliant. Not a fan of the silver, have a feeling that stripe on the side will wrap around the back to mimic firefighters uniforms

Pistons-Meh

Pacers-Number in the front is huge. I like bit of their alternates more than their primary

OKC- i’m A fan of them using grey, the streaks are as bad as they are in the logo.

Nuggets- Booooo another navy uniform. Like the pickaxe logo on the front more on their white and light blue jerseys

Nets- a potentially pretty good uniform ruined by the silly string

Suns- Double purple count me in as a fan. Needs some orange though.

spurs, rockets- meh. Never been a fan of the spurs camo stuff

Wizards-looks a bit too plain. 

Warriors- would have been a great look, the CNY stuff probably isn’t needed.

Blazers- again, liked Condrad’s

mockup more

Wolves- meh. Outlines on the numbers and not the word mark is dumb

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived