2017/18 Soccer Kits

UnclearInitial

3 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Why the American flag, though? I need an explanation because it makes no sense here.

Wanted to make a joke about the Kraft/Trump relationship, but I don't know where Dell Loy Hansen's political support lies. Instead I'll point out that RSL and NE are two clubs that perhaps don't have much of a club culture from which to draw alternate iconography. (Revs could've used the red New England flag they use on the back of the shirt.) Also curious if indeed sales numbers affect how much effort Adidas is willing to put in, i.e. why RSL is boring and templatey but Portland gets something very special.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Digby said:

Wanted to make a joke about the Kraft/Trump relationship, but I don't know where Dell Loy Hansen's political support lies. Instead I'll point out that RSL and NE are two clubs that perhaps don't have much of a club culture from which to draw alternate iconography. (Revs could've used the red New England flag they use on the back of the shirt.) Also curious if indeed sales numbers affect how much effort Adidas is willing to put in, i.e. why RSL is boring and templatey but Portland gets something very special.

Writing this from downtown Portland, I'd like to think it's because Adidas' North American HQ -- and where its MLS business resides -- is in north Portland, making the Timbers Adidas' hometown team. Homerism aside, I'm sure proximity plays a role: It's much easier to consult and experiment with a club's ownership group when they're a five-minute drive across town. 

39 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Homerism aside, I'm sure proximity plays a role: It's much easier to consult and experiment with a club's ownership group when they're a five-minute drive across town. 

Is that still really the case, considering all of the various ways to communicate nowadays?

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Revs could have used the Betsy Ross flag, which at least would have been a tie-in with their name. 

RSL might not have a lot of its own iconography, but Utah sure as heck does. Why not something as obvious as a beehive, if nothing else?

20 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I'll bite...DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!

You forgot the clap clap clap clap.

Apparently "The stars at night are big and bright" is printed inside the collar, which I didn't even realize when I posted that comment.

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Quakes officially unveiled their new primary kit. You can get a glimpse at the shorts and socks in the third picture.

IMG_2866.PNGIMG_2868.PNGIMG_2867.PNG

Looks pretty nice, love the pattern they used from the crest, though not too sure if it will be very noticeable when games are being broadcasted on TV. 

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

RSL released their new secondary earlier. This has gotta go down as the worst of this year's crop. Practically zero creativity involved in this one.

IMG_2863.JPGIMG_2864.JPG

Unpopular opinion, but I actually kind of like it. And not just because I'm an RSL fan either; I just think it's a nice clean look. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Well, this is certainly interesting..

IMG_2862.JPG

That looks like toothpaste.

I like the MinnUtd kit. Not to be one of those guys, but it'd look better without the logo.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

RSL released their new secondary earlier. This has gotta go down as the worst of this year's crop. Practically zero creativity involved in this one.

IMG_2863.JPGIMG_2864.JPG

I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to be more plain than these:

seattle-sounders-adidas-performance-auth

Congrats RSL!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Couple of sponsor observations:

1) RSL's looks perfectly fine in the stock image, but is sitting way too low in the real life shot.

2) It bugs me how the Advocare text on Dallas is blue outlined in white on a blue background. Just make the text white. Duh.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

S.174? :P

look, if that's the best thing you can think of for the jock tag, better to just leave it blank. Even the random American flags, stupid as they are, are better than that. 

The lighting kinda cuts it off, but it says SJ74. Still I agree with you, could've done better on the jock tag

Archived